Marvel Movie News Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i read on another forum that Ryan Reynolds (van wilder) has voiced many times that he wants to be the Flash if they ever decide to make a big screen movie. here's what i was thinking..... wouldn't he make a great Deadpool??? i bet he could pull it off without any problems whatsoever!!!

Last edited:
Ryan reynolds as the flash has been going around for a while. I think he would be a badass flash, hope it becomes true.

congerking said:
Never really got into Moon Knight, he was kinda like a Daredevil that could see. Which to me pretty much didn't make him an interesting character, I didn't even play him in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.....Oh well, I will at least check it out if it gets made.

Do yourself a favour and check out the new relaunch of his series - its a six issue arc called "The Bottom" - its very well done. I just got part six last week. Next two issues are Civil War crossovers.

I remember Moon Knight did have a very short run series a very long time ago - may even have just been a pilot - round the time of the original Hulk TV show I believe.

Last edited:
hairlesswookiee said:
so i was thinking i read on another forum that Ryan Reynolds (van wilder) has voiced many times that he wants to be the Flash if they ever decide to make a big screen movie. here's what i was thinking..... wouldn't he make a great Deadpool??? i think he could pull it off without any problems whatsoever!!!

He'd rock as Deadpool! Not so sure about The Flash.

So slick:cool:
spideymag31jz7.jpg

airstickyq0xr4.jpg

spideymagjv4.jpg

Last edited:
Really hope this film is better than the first, I think it will be, but they need to revamp Dr Doom alot.

He was a pale imitation of the villain in the comic books with a lame costume, hopefully that will be rectified this time around.

Silver Surfer sounds cool.

I think RDJ is perfect for Stark.... and he's had the same troubles with addiction, so he understands Stark's demons better than most. I think he'll do just fine.

DarkArtist81 said:
I think RDJ is perfect for Stark.... and he's had the same troubles with addiction, so he understands Stark's demons better than most. I think he'll do just fine.
I couldn't agree more, he understands that aspect of Stark's character better than anyone else, plus he can be witty and charming. I gained a whole new respect for him after seeing Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

The ill Jedi said:
I couldn't agree more, he understands that aspect of Stark's character better than anyone else, plus he can be witty and charming. I gained a whole new respect for him after seeing Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

At first I had an issue with Downey as Tony Stark. I mean anyone who read Marvels can't help to see Timothy Dalton as Alex Ross' Tony Stark.
Now I am happy to say I am reformed. I have really warmed up to Robert Downey,jr as Tony Stark. You cannot deny he is a great actor. I loved him in Zodiac and I really think that is what did the trick.

I am hoping Iron Man will be a great film, it has a strong cast and great special affects from what I have seen so far.

Marvel film forecast uncertain
Labor disputes slow production; 'Spidey' leads Q4 surge
By Paul Bond

Feb 20, 2008

"Iron Man"
Labor disputes, whether real or merely predicted, have put a crimp in Marvel Entertainment's goal of releasing two films -- or maybe even one -- next year.

"We're working right now to get the preparations ready to have a chance for one film in 2009," chairman David Maisel said during Tuesday's earnings call with analysts.

"Regarding 2009, we have been obviously affected by the labor situation in Hollywood," referencing the recently ended writers strike and "the uncertainty caused by the upcoming expiration of the actors agreements at the end of June."

Maisel didn't say which character might star in a 2009 movie, if there is to be one, though he said that films featuring Ant-Man, Captain America, Thor and the Avengers all are in development.

Marvel is transitioning from a company that simply licenses such characters as Spider-Man and X-Men to film studios to one that will self-fund its own films. First up is "Iron Man" on May 2, then "The Incredible Hulk" on June 13.

The company said fourth-quarter profit jumped 136% to $27.6 million on revenue that rose 28% to $109.3 million.

While those results topped Wall Street expectations, shares of Marvel dropped 3.6% to $26.75, in part because Marvel did not raise its full-year revenue guidance of $360 million-$400 million.

Analysts also expressed concern about a possible U.S. recession cutting into Marvel's business prospects, especially concerning licensed toys and other products based on its stable of 5,000 characters.

Maisel, though, told analysts that "we are not aware of any specific circumstances right now where Marvel's business has been hurt by macroeconomic trends."

Licensing accounted for the lion's share of Marvel's revenue in the fourth quarter, rising from $25.5 million to $58.5 million, with 39% of that courtesy of Spider-Man.

Publishing revenue rose from $28.6 million to $30.3 million, while toys revenue shrunk from $31.1 million to $20.5 million. Operating income for toys, though, more than doubled to $15 million as the company moved from producing and selling its own to licensing those rights to Hasbro.

SMH Capital analyst David Miller reiterated his "buy" recommendation and $34 target on Marvel shares.

In part, his bullishness comes from a strong track record in regard to feature films based on Marvel characters. Of the 13 in the past eight years, he figures they have grossed a global average of $337.9 million apiece.

"As such, we believe 2009 is shaping up to be a banner year for Marvel Studios, as the company will likely see the bulk of receipts from 'Iron Man' and 'Hulk,' licensing fees from 'Wolverine,' the 'X-Men' spin-off, and possibly minimum guarantees form 'Spider-Man 4,' " Miller said.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/business/news/e3i8285dc17bf73338dcc9bbf4374202ae6?imw=Y

Here is Marvel's updated slate of projects:

Feature Film Projects Being Developed by Marvel – partial list
Iron Man, Marvel - Scheduled for May 2, 2008 release
The Incredible Hulk, Marvel - Scheduled for June 13, 2008 release
Ant-Man, Marvel - Writer/director engaged
Captain America, Marvel - Writer engaged
Thor, Marvel - Writer engaged
The Avengers, Marvel - Writer engaged

Licensed Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up
Punisher: War Zone, Lionsgate - Completed principal photography; scheduled for September 12, 2008 release
X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Fox - Director engaged; scheduled for May 1, 2009 release

Marvel Character Animated TV Projects
Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes, Moonscoop SAS (France) - 26, 30-minute episodes airing internationally.
Spectacular Spider-Man, Sony - In development; US distribution agreement with Kids’ WB; scheduled for Spring 2008 release.
Wolverine and the X-Men, First Serve Toonz (India) - 26, 30-minute episodes in development; scheduled for Spring 2009 release.
Iron Man: The Animated Series, Method Films (France) - 26, 30-minute episodes in development; scheduled for Spring 2008 release.
Hulk: The Animated Series, TBD -In development; scheduled for Spring 2009 release.
Super Hero Squad, TBD - In development; scheduled for Spring 2009 release.

Marvel Character Animated Direct-to-DVD Projects
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow, Lionsgate - Scheduled for August 2008 release.
Hulk Vs., Lionsgate - Scheduled for January 2009 release.
Thor: Son of Asgard, Lionsgate - Scheduled for September 2009 release.
Planet Hulk, Lionsgate - Scheduled for February 2010 release.

Marvel Character Live Stage Projects
Spider-Man, the Musical, Hello Entertainment/David Garfinkle, Martin McCallum, Marvel Entertainment, Sony Pictures Entertainment
In development/opening date to be determined; Julie Taymor director; music & lyrics by U2's Bono and The Edge

Marvel 2007 – 2008 Video Game Releases (Release dates controlled by Publishing partner)
Sega, Iron Man - Scheduled for release Friday, May 2, 2008.
Sega, The Incredible Hulk - Scheduled for release Tuesday, June 3, 2008.

Also, it was revealed that, because of the writers strike and possible actors strike, Marvel Studios will have one in-house release in the later part of 2009, instead of two like this year (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk), but it's anyone's guess right not if that is Ant-Man, Captain America, Thor or The Avengers. We have a feeling (again, this is not official) that it will be the Matthew Vaughn-directed Thor, but we'll see. In 2010 and onward, they expect to release two films per year again.

as seen at superherohype.com

Mith, why did you change your name back?

Looks like Marvel will be releasing a lot movies in the coming years. Let's hope they keep in mind that fans want quality over quantity.

Looks like Marvel will be releasing a lot movies in the coming years. Let's hope they keep in mind that fans want quality over quantity.

Quality definately over quantity.
Some hero's just do not deserve their own movie and are better being included in a more popular hero's movie as a guest so to speak.
Fans want something close to the comic book.
I am a fan, but realize that will not always happen.
A movie is a movie and a comic is a comic.
One should not ruin the other.
While X3 was a little off the wall.
I didn't mind it. But I wish they would have done it a little different.

Mith, why did you change your name back?
Some names just shouldn't be used.

I like using the misspelled version of one of Mithrandir.

Plus everytime I would go to log in, I would end up having to retype it cause I would always type Mith instead of Gandalf.

I was going to go with Wolverine before I went with Gandalf.
My first was actually Balrogslain before Dave moved to a new server many moon's ago.

Last edited:
Back