Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am ready to get into this event but we shall see how it goes. I hope it is not another WWH ending. I liked WWH but the ending could have been much better. I just want to see Norman crushed like an ant and the villians scrambling and seeing their free ride crumbling around them.

Good luck with that. It's Norman's party right now, and it's shaping up to be a worthwhile event. That's the problem with being the King of the Mountain. Most people are just waiting to see you fall. :wacky

And with the Void on his side, things are looking shaky for Asgard. I want a nice fallout that allows for the heroes to rise and the villains to take their rightful place in the scheme of things. Even in the Heroic Age we'll need our villains - like Sir Francis Bacon said, "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." We're seeing that in the Sentry, and we'll see it throughout the Heroic Age.

From Newsarama:

Avengers: Discontinued
Buzz up! del.icio.us Digg It! Newsvine redditJanuary 16th, 2010
Author Lan Pitts
With mega events such as Blackest Night, Avengers: Disassemble, Secret Invasion, etc always having an effect on books, Marvel’s current big event is no different. Calling Siege a shake-up is an understatement because as it reaches it’s conclusion in April, Marvel will be cancelling all four of their Avengers books.

New Avengers
Mighty Avengers
Dark Avengers
Avengers: The Initiative

That’s right. Some of the biggest Marvel books out there are scheduled for a drastic overhaul in just a few short months, so let the guessing games begin on what will happen now.

Some more:

April will see both the conclusion of Marvel's Siege four-issue miniseries and the apparent end -- certainly only temporarily -- of the Avengers franchise.

That's right, the publisher's solicitations preview lists the series finales of The New Avengers, Dark Avengers, The Mighty Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative. It also solves the mystery of what comic writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Bryan Hitch have been collaborating on: It's a 64-page one-shot called New Avengers: Finale.

Yea, I'm glad we'll be culling the Avengers books. Far too many at this point. Saw when Bendis tweeted that the other day. Should be interesting to see how things shape up as SIEGE moves forward.

I am personally dissapoointed they will be culling all of the books but I can see where they are heading. The writting has been on the wall for a while. I may actually save some money :horror

You're not kidding. After SIEGE I'm most looking forward to the extra money in my bank account for lack of titles I want to pick up. :lol

No April Hulk solicitation .:(..only a World War Hulks book.

From Newsarama:

Avengers: Discontinued
Buzz up! del.icio.us Digg It! Newsvine redditJanuary 16th, 2010
Author Lan Pitts
With mega events such as Blackest Night, Avengers: Disassemble, Secret Invasion, etc always having an effect on books, Marvel’s current big event is no different. Calling Siege a shake-up is an understatement because as it reaches it’s conclusion in April, Marvel will be cancelling all four of their Avengers books.

New Avengers
Mighty Avengers
Dark Avengers
Avengers: The Initiative

That’s right. Some of the biggest Marvel books out there are scheduled for a drastic overhaul in just a few short months, so let the guessing games begin on what will happen now.

This will be better for my wallet, that's for sure.

Yes, Clor is back!!! I was wondering where he was....
69968comic_storystory_full-3401921_.jpg

Some more:

April will see both the conclusion of Marvel's Siege four-issue miniseries and the apparent end -- certainly only temporarily -- of the Avengers franchise.

That's right, the publisher's solicitations preview lists the series finales of The New Avengers, Dark Avengers, The Mighty Avengers and Avengers: The Initiative. It also solves the mystery of what comic writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Bryan Hitch have been collaborating on: It's a 64-page one-shot called New Avengers: Finale.

As The Avengers (in all of their varied forms) are my major comic read (besides the Hulk and Captain America) I'm a little on the fence about this... I've liked the multiple titles (and yet a still visible "Avengers" vibe throughout each-- even the Dark Avengers) but I would love to see the big three together again in a monthly title... If the Avengers disappeared completely I think the Marvel universe would have a rather big void (no pun for the Sentry intended... well, maybe just a little).

On a side note-- I like what's happening with the Sentry and I hope that his destruction is assured...

I'm sure they're going to restructure with the Big Three coming back together for SIEGE.

Not sure what's going to happen with the Sentry, though. He's seen on the Joe Q cover soaring in behind Cap, Iron Man, and Thor, with Norman's horrified reflection in Iron Man's mask. Wonder whether he's terror-stricked because of Thor, Cap, and Iron Man, or because he lost hold of the reins on the Void... hhmmm... I love the direction being taken with the Void too. That cover for SIEGE #2 certainly piqued my interest.

Bob's definitely in there somewhere, but Norman's had the Void sitting shotgun and just waiting to climb into the driver's seat at any time. :emperor

Oh, and before I forget I wanted to post this. We were right. Bendis is rebooting the Avengers franchise for the Heroic Age. Interesting line-up...

https://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24586
1264587592.jpg

The USA Today article talks about bringing back a reborn Steve Rogers with Iron Man and Thor... but there's Bucky Cap in the pic... or Steve in Bucky's costume. It's definitely going to have us asking questions over the next few months.

Last edited:
Back