Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Dark Reign]

I would never have thought I'd say this, but the Sentry is even more powerful than I expected. And that's a pretty ????ing high bar to skyrocket past, which he most definitely did in this issue. Seeing Norman come unglued as the Green Goblin is a true joy. A true joy. :emperor

Last edited:

I cant wait to see Thor beat the stuffing out of Sentry. its not that I don't like Sentry, quiet the opposite. I just prefer Thor:lightnin

I cant wait to see Thor beat the stuffing out of Sentry. its not that I don't like Sentry, quiet the opposite. I just prefer Thor:lightnin

Yeah... I don't see that happening. If there was any doubt to the contrary, this past issue of DA solidified that the Sentry is THE most powerful being in the Marvel U. Hands down. On top of his already prodigious known powers and abilities, we now know that Bob can manipulate the molecules of the world around him in a way that makes Molecule Man seem like a neophyte. The Molecule Man wasn't even a challenge. He was more an annoyance than an adversary to Bob.

Yeah... I don't see that happening. If there was any doubt to the contrary, this past issue of DA solidified that the Sentry is THE most powerful being in the Marvel U. Hands down....
In the entire MU? Even more powerful than some of the celestial beings? I haven't bought a comic in a few months, so I have fallen behind quite a bit.

In terms of sheer power I can't think of a more powerful individual character. We already know the gods of Asgard are going to be tumbling down in large numbers once SIEGE begins, and one of the individuals certainly capable of accomplishing such feats is the Sentry/Void. It's difficult to fight a being who can literally shape the molecules of all known existence. The Molecule Man was trounced like swatting a fly, and as Moonstone put it to Norman, "Did you read about the Scarlet Witch? Do you know what happened to her? That... was nothing."

Sentry is the Beyonder.Pretty sure.

Hey guys been awhile since i read comics and this sounds like a fun one to be reading where would i begin? (thanks :)

In the entire MU? Even more powerful than some of the celestial beings? I haven't bought a comic in a few months, so I have fallen behind quite a bit.

The Celestials, I'm pretty certain, are the most powerful beings in the Marvel U. They can't be harmed by any known force we've ever seen brought against them in comics. But I don't think the Sentry may be too far off, evidenced by the number of times he's been "killed" and reconstituted himself in instants, he's capable of battling a fully-enraged Hulk, according to Spider-man he could fight Galactus to a standstill, he'd be the most powerful telepath at any given moment but his abilities are constantly being utilized to maintain a corporeal form, and apparently he has the most heightened senses of any known 616 character (according to Bob himself he could hear the heartbeat of a butterfly in Africa while still in New York).

Sentry is the Beyonder.Pretty sure.

Didn't the Beyonder get pwned by the Molecule Man?

Hey guys been awhile since i read comics and this sounds like a fun one to be reading where would i begin? (thanks :)

Civil War, Secret Invasion, Captain America: Reborn, the Thor reboot, Invincible Ironman: World's Most Wanted, Dark Avengers, AND I'd recommend the New Thunderbolts aptly dating back to Civil War when Warren Ellis took over (the New T-bolts books by Ellis are my all-time favorite comics). You can download them or pick up trades for cheap. That'll give you a perfect understanding of what's going on in SIEGE. Everything goes back to Avengers: Disassembled, but it's not essential and the book is still defamed by most.

thanks man i am currently reading civil war so secret invasion is next for me... sorry to interrupt your guys's thread... carry on!

No interruption. This is the place to discuss. :rock

Hey Scar - Any specific Thunderbolts TP / Arc you can recommend? Celtic Warrior - Secret Warriors has been a good read too if you are into Nick Fury.

thanks Minigt ill check into that one as well ;)

Hey Scar - Any specific Thunderbolts TP / Arc you can recommend? Celtic Warrior - Secret Warriors has been a good read too if you are into Nick Fury.

Vol. 1 - Faith in Monsters
Vol. 2 - Caged Angels

Those are my personal favorites. They are the two arcs by Warren Ellis and are absolute gold. The Secret Invasion volume gives an idea of how the Thunderbolts got into their position of power in Dark Reign, and "Burning Down the House" by Andy Diggle is really superb also. I'd but the first two or three issues right on par with Ellis' work.

Secret Warriors is perhaps the book that I most look forward to reading on a weekly basis. It takes you into Nick Fury's world and each issue is epic in scale. SW is great stuff.

I'm all over that free Marvel/Siege stuff this Wednesday, like stink on caca!

Is this wednesday the free comic book day or something?? can you tell me what the marvel/siege free stuff is? thanks in advance

Is this wednesday the free comic book day or something?? can you tell me what the marvel/siege free stuff is? thanks in advance

I think free comic book day is in May. This is a "New Year's Eve celebration" type thing. Free Origins of Siege book, Avengers membership cards and 2010 Marvel calendar. Here's a link:

https://marvel.com/news/comicstories.10665.ring_in_the_new_year_early_with_marvel_comics

Is Dark Reign coming to a close now that Siege #1 is coming out this week?? I'm gonna pick it up and see what's going on, but I probably won't be a regular follower until Blackest Night is finished.

Yep. This will conclude Dark Reign and usher in the "Age of Heroes". It'll also be the end for large crossover events in Marvel for the foreseeable future, which is excellent news for my wallet. :D

anyone got a copy of Siege one? is it good?

Back