Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Dark Reign]

Worked all day today and all day tomorrow but I'm having the comic book store ship it out to me today. :rock :rock :rock

Read it, and I have to say I'm surprised at how quickly the action started off. The exposition to the actual conflict was literally the preview shots that we've seen. From there it pretty much delves straight into the conflict. Some small interchanges between Norman and the Avengers, but other than that we move fairly swiftly into Phase One of the Siege of Asgard. Ares has a good rallying speech to the troops (and there are LOTS of them) which sets a fine epic tone, though I doubt he'll be happy when all of this is over... he made it quite clear to Norman that he will not be deceived as to why they are entering the conflict (and Norman convinces him of the attack's worthiness precisely by deception). It was interesting to see how everyone was rather flummoxed about the plan to invade Asgard, most specifically Norman's Dark Avengers. Hawkeye and Venom seemed the most floored by the notion, expressing more than a little trepidation and the notion of confronting an entire city of Asgarding gods.

What I found cool was that when the President tried to intervene and stop Norman, it seemed as if his hands were tied and that Norman had the authority to wage such an attack without the approval of the President. Really goes to show how much latitude HAMMER gathered surreptitiously during Norman's tenure. For the President not to be able to get a word in edgewise over the phone in conversation with Victoria Hand prompted a chuckle.

The initial assault was very, very cool. The Sentry literally hurtling through Asgard like a golden bullet, cutting about it like it were Swiss cheese. It was just as its been hyped up to be - non-stop action from start to finish. Norman and the Hood's gang subduing Thor at the conclusion of the issue took me by surprise; I guess it really shouldn't though, considering that he was just attacked by the Sentry, and we didn't actually see him brought down, only seeing it through Steve Rogers' eyes as he watched on a grainy TV feed.

Overall a very solid start. The story has legs and it's up and running. :rock :rock :rock

Cant wait to read it, tonight.

Yesterdays haul :rock

55386715.jpg

So is this thread gonna get closed or title changed?? (Sorry, but I want the Dark Reign bad taste out of my mouth)

Lemme know what it should be next and I can change the title for ya :duff
x :wave

This is the tone for the Marvel U. after Siege wraps. "Heroic Age" works for me.

440_heroic.jpg

How 'bout it guys?

Oh, and Siege #1 = Epic Ownage!! :banana

Just read Seige, Siege Embedded, and Cap - who will carry the shield and I have to say - im loving it. Siege is off to a flying start. Cant wait for round 2. Oh and Osborn didnt lie to Ares. He said Thors brother is running Asgard and Balder is his half brother.

I did like that we jump in the action right from the start.the battle of asgard will be epic.

This is the tone for the Marvel U. after Siege wraps. "Heroic Age" works for me.

How 'bout it guys?

Oh, and Siege #1 = Epic Ownage!! :banana

Oki Doki, I have changed it to 'Heroic Age'. I hope everyone is okay with this. If anyone would prefer something else by all means you guys discuss it and let me know :duff
x :peace

We're only in the beginning of Siege ATM until at least march-april.

Just read Seige, Siege Embedded, and Cap - who will carry the shield and I have to say - im loving it. Siege is off to a flying start. Cant wait for round 2. Oh and Osborn didnt lie to Ares. He said Thors brother is running Asgard and Balder is his half brother.

The whole "Loki is in control of Asgard" bit was a lie. Balder has very little but mistrust for Loki since he let Doom vivisect the gods. How that all plays out we have yet to see, but Balder's interactions with Loki certainly show he doesn't trust him. Loki and Norman are each goading their sides to war by playing each of their teams against the other. A very interesting stratagem and twist on their alliance.

I agree, though. Loving SIEGE so far. I hope the other issues are all story and not half story, half preview.

I did like that we jump in the action right from the start.the battle of asgard will be epic.

The whole thing was definitely epic, but this page in particular set the tone best for me.

1262897939.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Last edited:
Its cool to see the u-foes playing a major role in there(these are some of hulk's vilains)

So Sentry is the ANGEL OF dEATH OR THE WEAPON OF GOD OR SOMETHING..CURIOUS TO SEE WHERE BENDIS IS GOING WITH THIS...

Back