Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If an original IM comiquette statue is valued at $800 to $1000, how much is a recast one worth? If u guys wanted an IM comiquette but can not afford one, would u buy a recast and for how much would u pay for one. Please advise, because I am considering buying one because I want to complete my comiquettes statues but one bring a recast.

If an original IM comiquette statue is valued at $800 to $1000, how much is a recast one worth? If u guys wanted an IM comiquette but can not afford one, would u buy a recast and for how much would u pay for one. Please advise, because I am considering buying one because I want to complete my comiquettes statues but one bring a recast.
That is quite low for an authentic EX.

I will chime in since it is mine he wants to buy. I had mine listed on eBay and had multiple offers; I made it crystal clear in the auction that it was a recast. I also want to say that when I bought it, I DID NOT know that it was a recast, so at least he knows exactly what he is buying. It has the brown shipper, the grey SIDESHOW stamped styrofoam, and I have compared it to and original and the paint is identical; hell, the Tony Stark head on mine looks better than the original. The ONLY difference is that mine has a round foot peg.

Mclaren contacted me through eBay with an offer and asked if I would end the auction and hold the statue until May 13th, which I agreed to if he promised not to back out. He agreed to all terms and promised.

The agreed price that he offered to buy it from me for was $425. He started talking about import taxes, so I lowered it to $400 to try split the taxes with him. He then asks me to declare and insure it at $250 so that he doesn't have to pay taxes. I ask him what happens if the statue gets damaged or lost on the way and he starts telling me that the statue really has no value.

I told him I would lower the declared/insurance value to $250 if he pays by gift and he didn't want that option.

Just thought it would be fair to get the whole story out...:banghead

PS: The sale of this item was never shown, listed, promoted, or encouraged on this message board.

Last edited:
A little off topic, but I got my Mystique Com in the mail yesterday and noticed the foam was white...isnt it sopposed to be grey? Hope I didnt get duped..

This one, the guy freely admits is a fake:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Modern-Ironman-Iron-Man-EX-Comiquette-Avengers-/200471588543?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ead09aebf

He mentions that it was pointed out to him on a message board, though. Is this one of us?

:wave It is mine :wave I actually had "sold" it on eBay over a month ago to Mclaren1976 for a best offer, but he dragged his feet on paying and gave excuse after excuse so I finally relisted it. It isn't worth dealing with his BS anymore. I could easily pass it off as legit, but I am not out to cheat from anyone and I hate recasts myself.

Ah well, good on you for at least being up front about it. It's a shame that it got passed off to you as real, though. Good luck with your sale.

I will answer my own question ,on Statue Forum someone asked the same question which is here

Current ebay auction form the same seller with lucky #317 up for auction as he has now put up #314,315,316 in the past. Keeps money in pocket and runs very far away.

I will answer my own question ,on Statue Forum someone asked the same question which is here

Current ebay auction form the same seller with lucky #317 up for auction as he has now put up #314,315,316 in the past. Keeps money in pocket and runs very far away.

though this maybe a fraud as far as the seller goes, i didn't think these guys were able to do recasts with lights. so i wonder if these aren't actually pieces that maybe went by-by out the back door of the factory and have now come up for sale.

either way i'd stay clear of anything listed for sale in that part of the world.

Back