Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I had seen a cap ex on Ebay a few weeks back it's ES was 870 rather than 875. Do you guys think it was a recast or just a factory error?

Here's pics from Sideshow, ES means that there's total 875 items so that was 870/875.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=71611&source=listing-71611

Without pics it's hard telling if it's a fake or not.

Good info, thanks

I found this over at statueforums.com

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=99528&page=3&highlight=captain+america

In a nutshell, a ebay seller had a cap ex it was 369/870 not 369/875 and his shipping box wasn't the usual sideshow box. Could it be possible that this was an authentic piece w/ some random errors?

I appreciate your help guys thanks in advance.

Where's there's a Dave there's Doom PF EX WITH VENOM BUST 1:1 on the side.... :lecture

WORD to your muthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........

Skiman & Chapter 2099 I appreciate the advice fellas thanks!

So how do you guys feel about unnumbered pieces? I've seen quite a few sample & artist proof statues on ebay and was wondering if they were legitimate. Is there any type of paper work to prove that a piece is actually an artist proof/sample/prototype?

Skiman & Chapter 2099 I appreciate the advice fellas thanks!

So how do you guys feel about unnumbered pieces? I've seen quite a few sample & artist proof statues on ebay and was wondering if they were legitimate. Is there any type of paper work to prove that a piece is actually an artist proof/sample/prototype?

This is just another opinion but I really don't like the unnumbered pieces, I don't know whether it's a sample, extras from the factory etc... The only way I know that I have legit piece if by comparing the photos with fellow freaks like ourselves that have the true piece or at least find someone that has had the piece directly from Sideshow and can attest to photos you can show them.

Also that the box art and the shipper have corresponding ES that tie back to the statue.

I know myself I can do without the shipper sometimes on most pieces but I'm pretty sure Mike(Chapter) really does like the whole package for his collection. That being said I don't own very many pieces that don't have a shipper. If it were a piece that is pretty rare and has cloth which is difficult to reproduce then I wouldn't worry so much about a shipper from Sideshow.

I got a wolverine exclusive comiquette on eBay. The carbon box says its unnumbered but the art box and the statue base are numbered. I am afraid the seller numbered the artbox and the base himself... Anyone can share pictures of the artbox and the base so I can compare with mine?

Last edited:
I got a wolverine exclusive comiquette on eBay. The carbon box says its unnumbered but the art box and the statue base is numbered. I am afraid the seller numbered the artbox and the base himself... Anyone can share a picture of the artbox and the base so I can compare with mine?

Would you be willing to post pictures of your artbox?

I got a wolverine exclusive comiquette on eBay. The carbon box says its unnumbered but the art box and the statue base is numbered. I am afraid the seller numbered the artbox and the base himself... Anyone can share a picture of the artbox and the base so I can compare with mine?

That could very well happen if it was a replacement for a damaged statue. The shipper would still be marked as un-numbered, but Sideshow might have replace the original damaged statue and numbered with the same number. I've got a couple like that straight from Sideshow.

Back