Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hulk Vs Spidey Fake on EBay

how to know if is a real or fake?
i'm at page 4 though hehe
any tips or pics

So I place my spidey/hulk exclusive on ebay, very low # ordered from SS, I mentioned in my auction that people need to be aware that there are fakes of this piece out there, EBay stopped my auction because I said that until I argued it. Weird why they would do that guess they want all the money they can make.

Last edited:
In regards to the spidey/hulk piece before I sold mine my friend had a fake, we put it side by side, the paint was very very different. Had a brighter and a high gloss, shine to it. He paid $65 for it.

In regards to the spidey/hulk piece before I sold mine my friend had a fake, we put it side by side, the paint was very very different. Had a brighter and a high gloss, shine to it. He paid $65 for it.

On eBay?? It must have been really fake.

wow. i have an original IM EX straight from SS. my name and address on the shipper. and was just checking for the 1st time in ages. looks like these fakes are everywhere.
has this affected the price of authentics?
and best way to tell a fake? back last i knew it was backwards armor plates on the shoulders and lack of original boxes.

also you folks think i might be able to get documentation from Sideshow showing that i bought it from them? my old PC blew couple years ago, or i'd have the original invoice & emails.

really worries me as i was MAYBE thinkin of selling sometime soon

wow. i have an original IM EX straight from SS. my name and address on the shipper. and was just checking for the 1st time in ages. looks like these fakes are everywhere.
has this affected the price of authentics?
and best way to tell a fake? back last i knew it was backwards armor plates on the shoulders and lack of original boxes.

also you folks think i might be able to get documentation from Sideshow showing that i bought it from them? my old PC blew couple years ago, or i'd have the original invoice & emails.

really worries me as i was MAYBE thinkin of selling sometime soon

some more ways to spot.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52521

thanks. but in that thread it mentions the real IM having a square neck post. then someone states...

"From what I understand, the real iron man has brass 'square' foot peg, and brass 'rounded' neck pegs."

that's true. mine has a rounded neck peg. square foot. both brass tints. whatta nightmare:mad:

it seems like people started losing interest in the im comiquette and has started to go down in price just because so many fakes have been surfacing. guess people are tired of getting ripped off lol.

Great price but get the duster ready that base looks filthy! wonder where he's had that displayed. :lol

Thanks for the info guys!

I thought the shoulders were one of the spots where you could spot a fake. Here's the cap:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260627058685&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Since they had perfect feedback i figured why the hell not. Even if I have to file a claim for whatever reason the po$$ible good outweighed the bad. You are right they look dusty as hell, but I'll be happy to purchase the compressed air for the price i got these at

Thanks for the info guys!

I thought the shoulders were one of the spots where you could spot a fake. Here's the cap:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260627058685&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Since they had perfect feedback i figured why the hell not. Even if I have to file a claim for whatever reason the po$$ible good outweighed the bad. You are right they look dusty as hell, but I'll be happy to purchase the compressed air for the price i got these at

There's the pegs, on stark head, on armor head, peg on the foot and the base for the full eval.

Did they fake the exclusive and regular? I know they did the exclusive, but wasn't sure if they did the reg as well. This is just the regular so I wanted to make sure.

Did they fake the exclusive and regular? I know they did the exclusive, but wasn't sure if they did the reg as well. This is just the regular so I wanted to make sure.

Ahhhh yea, forgot to look at the title there, I think there was fakes on the reg as well but not as many since it wasn't big money to those casters :rotfl

I guess it would be just the shoulders and the base for the reg piece.

The base having the lighting crack on the base not painted properly, some of them I've seen either too lite or too harsh on the paint apps of the base.

:rock :duff

Back