Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I see, no I thought we found another way to find out if a stat is a fake or not, Like for example IM, backward plates different color pegs etc.

if your interested in these, i would be asking seller for specific pictures of the items he is selling (not stock factory photos), the hulk dio usually the shiney finish on the painted hulk will tell you it's a fake, and the ironman, make sure you get pics of the removable head, and see how it's attached, either peg or square hole. also the styrofoam box inside the art box, should be grey, the fakes are white.

even after that i would still be careful, imo

if your interested in these, i would be asking seller for specific pictures of the items he is selling (not stock factory photos), the hulk dio usually the shiney finish on the painted hulk will tell you it's a fake, and the ironman, make sure you get pics of the removable head, and see how it's attached, either peg or square hole. also the styrofoam box inside the art box, should be grey, the fakes are white.

even after that i would still be careful, imo

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

Good info Quad, yeah there's all types of lil things that certain statues have been spotted as fakes, it's really a number of things and it only gets worse as the fakers get better!

Auction starts at .99 cents for IM and $5.50 for Hulk dio.....LOL

Gotta love it and why....WHY would anyone fall for an auction from overseas like that....

Yeah, they just happened to have one of the originals for sale.....

sure.....

Auction starts at .99 cents for IM and $5.50 for Hulk dio.....LOL

Gotta love it and why....WHY would anyone fall for an auction from overseas like that....

Yeah, they just happened to have one of the originals for sale.....

sure

Yup as if those dirt poor asians cant afford to buy from sideshow direct right..:rolleyes:

Please guys can we avoid the blanket remarks.

Believe me i know where you guys are coming from but the remark is just too broad.

at least he's not saying it's sideshow, but he's not saying it isn't either.
$500 for a damaged knock off:horror, some poor sap will see the price and not read the whole description and get snagged on this one.

at least he's not saying it's sideshow, but he's not saying it isn't either.
$500 for a damaged knock off:horror, some poor sap will see the price and not read the whole description and get snagged on this one.

Yeah I noticed that as well and I was looking to see if he stated "Sideshow" on it or not... Definitely over priced for a damage item, these ppl, unreal :lol

Any other fakes SS products i must look out for , i get most of my statues from ebay. I only know of IM and hulk/spidy diorama.
please advice.

In my opinion, a recast IS a fake statue...An original painted or altered is a custom.

I think a better word would be that it is an "unauthorized" statue. It doesn't pretend to be ANY statue other than the unique statue that it is. Thus, it cannot be a fake. A fake is only a fake because it is pretending to be something that it isn't. Andy Warhol used the design of the Campbell's soup label to make a painting. Does that make the painting a fake?

I think a better word would be that it is an "unauthorized" statue. It doesn't pretend to be ANY statue other than the unique statue that it is. Thus, it cannot be a fake. A fake is only a fake because it is pretending to be something that it isn't. Andy Warhol used the design of the Campbell's soup label to make a painting. Does that make the painting a fake?

Are you being F'n serious or are you just always like this? Any of these statues that look like a sideshow product but are a cheap recast from overseas are a FAKE.

Are you being F'n serious or are you just always like this? Any of these statues that look like a sideshow product but are a cheap recast from overseas are a FAKE.

Well, if someone doesn't say it's an original, even better, just says its a statue of the character or an imitation,then its not a fake. Similarly, if you were to draw a picture of a dollar bill and frame it, or for example, only draw one side of it perfectly, it's not a fake or a counterfeit, it is art. Its one person's art of someone else's art. A Fake is only a fake when something pretends to be an original. Isn't that a logical assessment? Is the recast an EXACT duplicate? Apparently not. I really think these statues that are not sold as Sideshow pieces are not fakes, but are just very close approximations. In the most concise definition of fake, I don't think they are, however in the broad concept of fake, like a duck decoy is a fake duck, yes they are fakes. They are of course definitely illegal, however.

Well, if someone doesn't say it's an original, even better, just says its a statue of the character or an imitation,then its not a fake. Similarly, if you were to draw a picture of a dollar bill and frame it, or for example, only draw one side of it perfectly, it's not a fake or a counterfeit, it is art. Its one person's art of someone else's art. A Fake is only a fake when something pretends to be an original. Isn't that a logical assessment? Is the recast an EXACT duplicate? Apparently not. I really think these statues that are not sold as Sideshow pieces are not fakes, but are just very close approximations. In the most concise definition of fake, I don't think they are, however in the broad concept of fake, like a duck decoy is a fake duck, yes they are fakes. They are of course definitely illegal, however.

:sick ouch... that hurt my head :sick

No, but here's a logical assessment... you're being a gigantic ******.

Look up the definition of fake, then come back and try arguing that these aren't fakes.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/fake

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fake

https://www.yourdictionary.com/fake

No, but here's a logical assessment... you're being a gigantic ******.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :rotfl

I stopped taking Blackthornone seriously a long time ago. I am surprised he hasn't started talking about how recasting is the natural product of evil, greedy, capitalistic flippers.

Lets leave this thread to:
  1. questions about recast items
  2. ways to detect recasts
  3. auctions/dealers of recasts

You sir, are a moron. Semantics aside, it's a fake.

Back