Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://stores.ebay.com/American-Icons-Collectibles

I need a little help from some of you here. Has anyone ever done business with them. I'm looking to add a couple of the Bowen statues. Just want to know if this a good dealer to get some of the older statues.

Thanks

I've never dealt with this particular seller but they certainly have A LOT of feedback and a 99.8% rating. I say go for it. I wouldn't worry much at all. I honestly don't know much about what's a "good" price vs. "bad" price, but in terms of feeling comfortable dealing with the seller, I would if I was interested in buying something from them. I hope this helps.

I've never dealt with this particular seller but they certainly have A LOT of feedback and a 99.8% rating. I say go for it. I wouldn't worry much at all. I honestly don't know much about what's a "good" price vs. "bad" price, but in terms of feeling comfortable dealing with the seller, I would if I was interested in buying something from them. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Now sit back and watch this part of my collection explode! Getting ready to go back into time a pull some of the old holy grails of Bowen statues. As well add a few SS Marvels time to time.

Thanks, Now sit back and watch this part of my collection explode! Getting ready to go back into time a pull some of the old holy grails of Bowen statues. As well add a few SS Marvels time to time.

Go for it. Are you new to collecting? Do you have a few pieces already?

Go for it. Are you new to collecting? Do you have a few pieces already?

I'm new to collecting Marvel statues. I'm really a sports memorabilia collector. I have a few sport statues, but now I have bought my first two Marvel statues, so I finally got my feet wet! WEEEEEEEE!!!! Feels so good to be adding something new to my collection room.

Thanks beachfox for keeping us updated on fake statue seller's.

I feel for the people that have bought these pieces.

Beachhead I was really wanting to know the answer to this.... answer ur questions DAMMIT! :emperor

maybe because it's from default, default, Hong Kong, otherwise these pics aren't close enough to tell anything... :rolleyes:

yeah the pics aren't good enough to tell 100% one way or the other.
but other than the shinny finish that could be because of lighting and flash etc.
the only other thing that i can see is the paint color on the signal light mounting flanges. on mine these flanges are much darker and closer to the color of the actual pole with way more black in the color, while this one's color is identical to the light housings themselves.

but in the end without haveing some better pics there is no way to tell 100% either way. but add to that the fact that this is his 3 rd to be sold in a very short time. i would bet that its' a fake. imo

yeah the pics aren't good enough to tell 100% one way or the other.
but other than the shinny finish that could be because of lighting and flash etc.
the only other thing that i can see is the paint color on the signal light mounting flanges. on mine these flanges are much darker and closer to the color of the actual pole with way more black in the color, while this one's color is identical to the light housings themselves.

but in the end without haveing some better pics there is no way to tell 100% either way. but add to that the fact that this is his 3 rd to be sold in a very short time. i would bet that its' a fake. imo

tru dat on the quantity quad. I once ran into a dealer whenever I was first beginning collecting Marvel that suppose had 8 Dooms... :horror

Has anyone ever dealt with absolutecomicsandstatues on ebay?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120389198410

I been wanting to pick up a FB Captain America. They seem like a legit distributor from their large number of feedbacks however I been watching their items and they been selling one FB Captain America right after another. I've watched at least 4 that they have sold one after another for the past month. I been checking their feedback to see what the buyer says about the item but there has been no feedback on a sold FB Captain America. They also sell other FB pieces as well. Can a distributor actually have so many FB statues?

Yeah, they could. If they're a larger retailer and thought there was profit in it, I wouldn't be surprised if they had bought a few to flip. I've dealt with them before and the product was legit.

To be honest besides the foot which prolly doesn't look painted properly I can't tell that this is a fake...

I would need more pics... and it's prolly not too far off that he would have doubles of this reg dio (meaning not too far fetch)

What's not helping out the situation is that his location is from Hong Kong though, where almost all fakes originate from overseas locations!

Update: - Yet another fake Sideshow Marvel Hulk VS. Spiderman Diorama

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Marve...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:10|39:1|240:1318

AWWWWW SNAP, I just made a connection, check whose the person that bought the Hulk vs Spider from him and is selling this supposedly fake Ironman

Positive feedback rating GREAT ITEM...,GREAT SELLER..A+++++, 5 STAR !!!!
victory0369 ( 303 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
Mar-16-09 14:40
Sideshow Marvel Hulk VS. Spiderman Diorama (#370164784279)

https://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IRON-MAN-P...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Back