Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems legit to me, man a lot of items sold and 100% feedback, you can prolly use live.com and get the discount as well on the BIN.

I would ask for pics and #/1500

haven't heard of these been recasted or any fakes. i don't think you have to worry about this one, since the value of the piece wouldn't attract recasters.
as for the price of this one, i don't know if it's worth that much in north america, but down under with all your extra costs with shipping and everything it could be worth that much.

Thanks for the advice

I'm no expert, maybe you guys can chime in on this one.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280273311091&_trksid=p2759.l1259

White box?

Looks pretty good dude, I laugh at the never been displayed but they all say that! I would ask for some more pics so just that you verify it's minty and maybe ask about the foot being off, mayb have him/her take some pics of that. If they are serious about selling this item and it's legit they will get any pics that you want, if not and their too lazy I would say easy pass!!! There are many Stealth goin around eBay, I think the one that gets recasted though is the original IM reg/gold version, especially ex version...

Plus the white box issue with the SIM's appears to be pretty common.

It seems because of all the saga surrounding them and the amount of replacements they had to make of this item, some replacement SIM's were indeed sent back out to customers in white boxes rather than printed ones as they had run out.

Some people fortunately kept their original coloured box, some didn't so in the end some SIM's have coloured boxes and some have white.
x :peace

Plus the white box issue with the SIM's appears to be pretty common.

It seems because of all the saga surrounding them and the amount of replacements they had to make of this item, some replacement SIM's were indeed sent back out to customers in white boxes rather than printed ones as they had run out.

Some people fortunately kept their original coloured box, some didn't so in the end some SIM's have coloured boxes and some have white.

Yeah I agree with Shell, I would worry though if you have a Red/Gold version IM and the box is white, those are suppose to be grey! :eek:

let me first say hello, and thank-you everyone on this forum for all your advice and educating me on legit sideshow statues. i started collecting sideshow this year. and had no idea there were fakes out their. and this is good to know as i buy my sideshow statues on e-bay. or did, i should say!
very educated and wise fans here. but on a good note: i have only boughten statues from 100% feedback. and do look at their feedback, that other buyers have wrote. and even how many people are bidding on it. but thanks to you people i am even more educated in what to look for! so thank-you

let me first say hello, and thank-you everyone on this forum for all your advice and educating me on legit sideshow statues. i started collecting sideshow this year. and had no idea there were fakes out their. and this is good to know as i buy my sideshow statues on e-bay. or did, i should say!
very educated and wise fans here. but on a good note: i have only boughten statues from 100% feedback. and do look at their feedback, that other buyers have wrote. and even how many people are bidding on it. but thanks to you people i am even more educated in what to look for! so thank-you

Just another even that happened a while back and prolly should be aware of...
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41256&highlight=ebay

Welcome Shawn-ray :wave.

This place is great for information and advice on all aspects of collecting really and as we have seen more of lately the recasts/copies that are being produced of SS items.
Ebay unfortunately is a necessary evil so if you are looking at a collectable on there just becareful and try get as much information about the piece/seller as you can.Protect yourself.
Have a look around this site, many pages of information.
If you have a question, use the search function in the toolbar and if you cannot find it there then please feel free to post.
We are a great community here and will help if we can :rock
Shell

Wow man, i never knew this problem existed.
Does the faking stop at marvel stuff or across the board of what sideshow releases?

Wow man, i never knew this problem existed.
Does the faking stop at marvel stuff or across the board of what sideshow releases?

I would say mainly on Marvel since they have the most value at this time in point but you never know what molds of recasting exist out there?! :rolleyes:

And take a look at the customers who have been buying statues from him recently - there is a name there I seem to recognise from earlier in this thread!

Another run of fake from Philippines!!
Buyer beware!!

SIDESHOW IRON MAN EXCLUSIVE COMIQUETTE
https://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-IRON-...39:1|66:4|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

SIDESHOW HULK VS SPIDERMAN DIORAMA
https://cgi.ebay.com/SIDESHOW-HULK-...39:1|66:4|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
It seems from the looks of that, the infamous carljho05 may be trying to re-build his feedback or start another ID perhaps?.
thats what it looks like to me at least :dunno

Hi, just wondering how do you know it's fake? I check the link and can't find any other pictures that would say it's a fake. Thanks so much

This two pieces are khown for fake... esp if they are from asia..
Well, if you don't trust me, just go ahead and buy them. :D
Don't say I never give warning. :banana

This two pieces are khown for fake... esp if they are from asia..
Well, if you don't trust me, just go ahead and buy them. :D
Don't say I never give warning. :banana

Oh I see, no I thought we found another way to find out if a stat is a fake or not, Like for example IM, backward plates different color pegs etc.

Back