Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea really hate that man!!! Hope you got your money back!! As a Chinese , I feel so shame about him !! Die bit*h !!!!

Thanks guys, and yeah he is a major a-hole.

He has rejected my request for a refund of the total amount he cost me, and basically denied he is selling fakes and claim I am the first one to say he does it!

He even went so far as to boldly say that once Sideshow confirms it is not real, he will give me "the double refund" (his words). Why would you even bother saying that if you know your products to be genuine? Wouldn't you just offer to let the buyer return the item? I've e-mailed sideshow and am about to send through the pictures - just what I need with work as well. I was up until 5am because I was so angry and worried. :(

Once I posted the Weta forum thread he tried to sound sympathetic, but still thinks he'll somehow trick Sideshow. What a ******. :mad:

Thanks guys, and yeah he is a major a-hole.

He has rejected my request for a refund of the total amount he cost me, and basically denied he is selling fakes and claim I am the first one to say he does it!

He even went so far as to boldly say that once Sideshow confirms it is not real, he will give me "the double refund" (his words). Why would you even bother saying that if you know your products to be genuine? Wouldn't you just offer to let the buyer return the item? I've e-mailed sideshow and am about to send through the pictures - just what I need with work as well. I was up until 5am because I was so angry and worried. :(

Once I posted the Weta forum thread he tried to sound sympathetic, but still thinks he'll somehow trick Sideshow. What a ******. :mad:

That's why I feel safer conducting business on these boards instead of evilbay.

That's why I feel safer conducting business on these boards instead of evilbay.

Yeah, next time I am going to avoid eBay like the plague.

I've just escalated this from a dispute to an actual PayPal claim, because even if I couldn't prove it being a fake (I could), the auction says that I can get a full refund in 7 days, and I only received the item 4/5 days ago AT MOST! He should be refunding me anyway!

Worst case scenario, I have to pay for return shipping, but I'm going to see if I can send it via mule in that case. :nana:

Hi guys,
I am interested in buying Sideshow Hulk vs Spider-man.
Does anyone know it is real or fake?
Thank you, guys.

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

Hey all -

How often do you see fake PFs surfacing? I have gotten a few PFs from the same person, and they all look perfect, but the fact that they are all APs or Samples make me a little nervous...

I know PFs are harder to boot than single-media pieces. I am 99% sure they are legit, but can't hurt to ask...

probably better off buying this one and getting it repainted locally instead of the flaking fiasco that was the sideshow piece.:monkey3

Yea really hate that man!!! Hope you got your money back!! As a Chinese , I feel so shame about him !! Die bit*h !!!!

I know how you feel bro. I'm Asian and I would never buy anything sideshow from Asia. Plenty of fakes and the shipping kills. Big red flag.

probably better off buying this one and getting it repainted locally instead of the flaking fiasco that was the sideshow piece.:monkey3

I actually have one of the first runs from SS and no peeling or flaking to this day. Lights still work great and in perfect condition. Guess its a real hit or miss. Just wish the wire and plug was a bit longer. In like 2 inches from the socket and the bust is exactly where I want to display it.

But back on topic. There's never been any Ghost Rider on Throne games right? Just picked up an exclusive on eBay.

best Hot 1/6 X-Men ORIGINS Collectible MMS103 Toys Wolverine (260952758552)
Member id shangbba882

DO NOT BUY FROM SHANGBBA882!!! I received a fake wolverine from him, of course he denied it was fake, My wolvie had a short tank, the red shirt was missing buttons, the collar was two different lengths, the buckle is off in the paint department...AARRGH!! :banghead

I opened a case on ebay, he offered me a partial refund...very small amount by the way...slap in the face! So he wanted me to ship back to him...found out he was using a fake location, because the return address was Vietnam, but the selling location was Hong Kong. Anyway, I did not accept this either, because if you are selling fakes, then what's to say I ship it back and you deny it ever arrived and I'm out my money and the fake figure!?!?! Escalated it to ebay customer support and called them up to talk personally about the issue. They refunded me the entire purchase price because the seller went to private feedback, so for some reason they could not get the money back from the seller!!! WOOOOHOOOOEBAY! I have to say, they really stepped up and helped me.

I learned my lesson to do some serious research before buying 1/6th figs, especially Hot Toys off ebay...does anyone know if there are any other fakes on ebay?

When posting the auctions,get the screen shots of it,because they expire in 90 days.

Hey all, I'm new to the eBay game and was just wondering if someone could tell me if this piece I'm eyeing is legit or not.

eBay: Bowen Jean Grey Marvel Girl

It does mention that it's missing the COA. However, I've bought a couple of Bowen pieces from a few local comic book stores and I know those were legit and they didn't come with COA's... Any advice? Thanks.

Got dooped with an Iron man comiquette Ex a year ago from a seller in the states. Saw the white styrofoam right away didn't even bother to look. Returned that shietz wit the quickness.

Back