Marvel Daredevil Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In those images it looks like a lot of orange highlights, mine has that but not as much. I'd like to say in everyday "regular" lighting on a shelf it should not be a big issue. Reminds me of the shading on the Thing PF, some had more and some had less, but they all had it.

This is an awesome figure. SS has cared a lot the details with this one (great paint app). And DD looks very dynamic in this pose. Difficult to stop of looking at this figure. Some pics...

Attachments

• DSCN4463b.jpg
    DSCN4463b.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN4450.JPG
    DSCN4450.JPG
    411.2 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN4429.JPG
    DSCN4429.JPG
    456.2 KB · Views: 173
I think I'm going to put him in the corner of my display. Only looks really good to me from one angle so gotta keep him that way.

I've only seen one...that said, I'm not crazy about the fact that there is no reinforcing through the foot and leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did sideshow confirm no rod? Maybe the one that broke was just a factory misstep?

If there isn't a rod in the foot, the longterm stability of this piece doesn't look good imo.

I agree. All I'm saying is what if the factory just didn't put a rod in that one statue, or that one batch of statues. Has anyone done the magnet/X-ray test?

From SSAlex on statue forum:
" The sculpt of the piece (where the foot keys into the base) didn't allow for a metal rod to up from the base through his leg). The more hefty/longer metal key placed in the pieces foot should keep the piece secure and it's not an item expected to lean over time. Should people experience issues though they are always, 100% invited to contact our customer service team to see what solution can be had. People are helped all the time outside of the 30 day window (it's all case by case)."

Ideally they should of had a small part of the base under his heal like he's pushing off, that way they could of easily installed a rod.

Time will tell on this, the foot peg is one of the largest I've had on a PF and there's an additional "slot" under the foot that rests in the base. Mines feels pretty solid. Conan FoftB dio has a similar (basic striaght without the additional slot) foot peg set in at an angle, I've had no problems and have not heard of any. RWOS, Wolf Predator and (god forbid) Wolverine LSF had their issues so we'll see what happens with this, and now Spider-Man.

on the other forum, the fellow who's statue broke had it repaired professionally...with a new rod. I think SS decision to not put in a rod was a cost rather than engineering issue.

on the other forum, the fellow who's statue broke had it repaired professionally...with a new rod. I think SS decision to not put in a rod was a cost rather than engineering issue.
Any link to that forum to read about the reparation?

Back