Marvel Daredevil Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I see cool thanks. Honestly I really have no organization at all haha. It's all over the place. I saw on eBay the variant is going for half the red one...

I know some people would have liked a larger base or possibly a logo to pair with DP or Punisher, but the more I look at it, it fits pretty well with Matt Murdock. Justice, blind with a broken sword. Who better than DD to try to make a bad situation better. I swear Batman and DD would have been best friends had they lived in the same city.

I know some people would have liked a larger base or possibly a logo to pair with DP or Punisher, but the more I look at it, it fits pretty well with Matt Murdock. Justice, blind with a broken sword. Who better than DD to try to make a bad situation better. I swear Batman and DD would have been best friends had they lived in the same city.

they did a team up once

The best of buddies :lol

Hard Hero went out of business years ago...just about all of their statues go for peanuts

Not all of them ... the HH Silver Surfer #48 went for $4500. It was the only piece of the 500 which was chrome (real chrome, not chrome plated, the rest were all painted silver).

Unfortunately you are correct most of the other ones have lost considerable value :(

My understanding is that the sculptor is told what to sculpt by the design team, but I am not sure that is how it works all the time (I am pretty sure that was the case for the Reeve Superman, for example).

The Hard Hero pieces are pretty awesome...thinking of picking the red one up, but it's tough to find. Ironically, if you go back to threads for that piece, it was ripped by many people when it was first revealed, too.

Yes, I did read some of those threads in Statue Forum ... there were some who could not wrap their minds around the fact it was "upside down", and yet, this was a common pose for DD.

Whether people did not like it or not, it was difficult to argue that the pose was not representative of the character ... anyone vaguely even familiar with the DD character new the pose was representative of the character.

This latest release from SS just does not capture the essence of the character, whether one likes the pose or not.

Will Sideshow do a great job at painting it, sculpting it, and selling out? .... Yes, it is a SS PF after all.

Will I buy it? No ... it just does not represent the character, and I will keep the HH ones, even thought they are only 1/6 scale.

This latest release from SS just does not capture the essence of the character, whether one likes the pose or not.

No, it's not a pose you see DD in often. But the interpretation of it...charging out to defend a broken justice system...does represent the character. SS maybe were trying to get a bit too "artsy" with this one instead of just keeping it simple.

I don't think we were ever going to see an upside down PF, or anything with a significant action pose, though, given that most PF's have pretty generic poses, imo.

I just wish the HH daredevil was easier to find...I want to get one to go with this PF.

No, it's not a pose you see DD in often. But the interpretation of it...charging out to defend a broken justice system...does represent the character. SS maybe were trying to get a bit too "artsy" with this one instead of just keeping it simple.

I don't think we were ever going to see an upside down PF, or anything with a significant action pose, though, given that most PF's have pretty generic poses, imo.

I just wish the HH daredevil was easier to find...I want to get one to go with this PF.

Good luck B, I hope you can find a HH Daredevil at the right price. The only Hard Hero piece I own is the blue variant Angel and it is phenomenal in person. It's one of my favorite pieces, even though I don't collect 1/6 anymore. The quality is really nice too. It feels completely solid and has a nice weight to it, and the sculpt and paint job are great.

Hard Hero went out of business years ago...just about all of their statues go for peanuts

You'd think it would be the opposite. Imagine SSC goes out of business. All of these statues would be skyrocketing in value since no more would be made.

Back