1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt this has been produced beyond prototype, so there should be plenty of time for Hot Toys to make modifications in response to negative customer feedback. In addition to making all of the clear plastic bits removable they should provide covers for the gray cutouts if they must have those. Although I'd prefer the gray sections not be there at all.

While I don't think HT is going full blown comic line, the third party companies may be stepping into that space if SooSoo's Gambit is any indication. Other efforts, however, have been underwhelming.

There is absolutely no chance they will make all the transparent parts removable so I would abandon any hope of that now. Those parts on the abdomen, groin, and feet, back and shoulders are all part of the silhouette of the body--simply removing them would leave you with a half-finished Iron Man. For example, the shoulder rims only exist as part of the transparent sculpt.

You would need swappable red parts for the whole body, including all the articulating pieces.

It isn't going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It wouldn't be surprising if true. Cruise always wants his face shown as much as possible. As a more recent example, he had them recut the Mummy remake b/c he didn't have enough screen time in the original cut. He doesn't even like other actors running on screen with him.

Hmm, actually now that I think about it, you're probably right. Cruise specifically had them install lights on his mask for the HALO jump sequence in MI: Fall Out. I mean, I guess I get it...he did the stunt for real and if his face was gonna be covered up it could have been anyone...but sheesh, talk about being vain to the point that Iron Man would NOT wear a helmet? That just wouldn't make sense for the character. :lol

How many of you are mad about this release?
That it is near perfection in terms of the structure and sculpt but they added F-ing plastic parts and grey circuitry!!!!!! Why!?!!!

And they say it is ripped right out of a comic!!! When did Iron Man ever look like his armour was covered in a clear translucent layer!!!!

What the hell Hot Toys!!!! Shammmmeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how they can absolutely nail a figure like Mando Boba Fett and just a few months later botch such an easy idea for a figure by adding something like that has never been a thing to it. Was it let a kid design a figure contest winner or something? The ironic thing is including LESS with this figure would have sold it so much better. Nobody wants those clear pieces. Nobody. The best I’ve seen posted is some don’t mind them. But nobody is saying they’d cancel their order if not included. Nearly everyone not ordering though is citing those clear pieces as the reason. I’ve never seen them miss the Mark but this much before. 110% avoidable. Whoever made the choices on this figure should honestly be let go and not allowed to make any more figures. They just don’t understand the market enough to be in a position to make toys. Let them go design watches or something that typically desire clear elements.

Nice suit...
d6e0e0ad9a0532dcd43414db2bb4fded.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The simple solution that will make everyone happy is to make the clear pieces easily removable. That way, people can display this figure "bare" or go with the look HT initially aimed for. Will they listen? They certainly have time to since this isn't coming out until the second half of next year, and it is most certain isn't final in terms of design and engineering as of yet.

Iron Man's classic armor design is one the best comic costumes ever yet we get very little product showing that design. All that extremis movie downy jr crap and now this stuff with the classics on steroids.

I would buy the Mark 1 first appearance comic version. That seems more appropriate for an origins series. Don't know why they went with this armor first.

That's interesting...I've never heard that before, is that true?
I can't find the actual scipt beyond recent interviews where Cruise says that the project never went that far. But from I remember, the proposed script was more of a 2000s action movie. Famke Jensen played Bethany Cabe and I think Jaime Foxx was Rhodes. Tony went up against his dad who was funding wars all over and planning to take over the US Government, while wearing the War Machine armour. And there was also a 90s script pitch with Nicholas Cage, which was much more Sci-Fi and was about an older Tony going up against MODOK & AIM. Another fun bit is that Clooney was locked in to play Nick Fury in the Cruise pitch, but they gave him some Ennis comics and he noped the **** out. He probably read the one where Fury strangles a guy with his own intestines.

What could've been, huh?

but sheesh, talk about being vain to the point that Iron Man would NOT wear a helmet? That just wouldn't make sense for the character. :lol
It would've been a helmet, just a "clear" one. Basically the RDJ scenes from the inside of it, but all the time. Like Luthor's force-field or something. I can't say I would've loved it.

EDIT: PopCultcha finally responded. After I @ them on Twitter. And they responded pretty quickly. So I guess if you want to talk to their Customer Service, just hit them up on Twitter. Which is still pretty dumb, considering not everyone has an account (I only created a new one after deactivating mine years ago, just for these instances). Anyway, just an FYI in case anyone had such problems, and there was already that discussion.

An interesting release; it seems they're getting to do more comic based/inspired figures (if licensing was a big component).

I'm not too fond of the classic Iron Man armor, but I think this figure looks pretty good, bar the transparent bits. This may be going off too deep, but well done 1/6 Extremis, Modular armors would be so awesome. I'm happy with my Mezco and Sentinel IM figures representing comic Iron Man in my collection.

It feels a bit perplexing that little if any figures emulate the specific comic art for classic IM, with figures/statues having some "flair" or interpretation (based on what I've seen, but then again I may not be aware of any others). The only figure to do so (correct me if I'm wrong) is the Marvel Legends figure. Of course it could come down to licensing or any other issues we do not know.

Hmm, the deluxe base looks to be a reuse from the IM2/HPP figures, with some of the gantry pieces added, but looks cool.

They're saving the non crystal version for the re-release. I honestly have no idea what they were trying to accomplish, just tell us what it's meant to be lol

Also I agree, zero chance they are designed to be removed

i really wonder how those clear plastic parts look under more normal daily lighting and not studio lighting.

I am hoping for some non iron man figures from this line. Not interested in anymore iron man. I have enough of those.

I am hoping for some non iron man figures from this line. Not interested in anymore iron man. I have enough of those.

They are making the zombie Deadpool but I think it will mostly be Iron Man figures :lol

I posed this question in the new Comic War Machine thread and probably should've asked here: Has HT ever previewed a more universally panned gimmick than this clear armor effect? I was trying to think of something and couldn't come up with anything...

I can't find the actual scipt beyond recent interviews where Cruise says that the project never went that far. But from I remember, the proposed script was more of a 2000s action movie. Famke Jensen played Bethany Cabe and I think Jaime Foxx was Rhodes. Tony went up against his dad who was funding wars all over and planning to take over the US Government, while wearing the War Machine armour. And there was also a 90s script pitch with Nicholas Cage, which was much more Sci-Fi and was about an older Tony going up against MODOK & AIM. Another fun bit is that Clooney was locked in to play Nick Fury in the Cruise pitch, but they gave him some Ennis comics and he noped the **** out. He probably read the one where Fury strangles a guy with his own intestines.

What could've been, huh?

It would've been a helmet, just a "clear" one. Basically the RDJ scenes from the inside of it, but all the time. Like Luthor's force-field or something. I can't say I would've loved it.

EDIT: PopCultcha finally responded. After I @ them on Twitter. And they responded pretty quickly. So I guess if you want to talk to their Customer Service, just hit them up on Twitter. Which is still pretty dumb, considering not everyone has an account (I only created a new one after deactivating mine years ago, just for these instances). Anyway, just an FYI in case anyone had such problems, and there was already that discussion.

The wizard magazine once said tom cruise was going to play iron man and have a clear mask

Back