Marvel Busts Exclusive or Not Exclusive. That is the Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gambit said:
Doom is not a well known villain to me as well.

if you haven't read so much FF4 comics, where else you will meet doom, really, I wanna know ?

Magneto is more popular in Turkey for example, or venom, doc ock

He's fought EVERY major Marvel character in the entire Universe. If you can name a charcater, I'd bet that there is a 95% chance that Doom has fought him/her at one time. He's fought the FF, Avengers, Iron Man, Cap, Thor, the X-Men, Spidey, DD, Hulk, ....

Back in the early 90's, Wizard magazine said Doom had more appearances than any other comic book villain ever, including villains like the Joker and Luthor who were created over 20 years earlier.

No offense but who said Turkey was the "measuring stick" for Marvel comics popularity. :lol

SolidLiquidFox said:
I think it has more to do with a saturation of Doom product from Sideshow: PF, Archieve Set and Legendary Scale Bust.

He is a cool bad guy and all but he still falls on that "not as well-known as" category. The Archieve Set was pushing people's tolerance for more Doom. Then his Legendary Bust opens up the Marvel line, sells poorly and they only make 100 exclusives. We are talking a few weeks here since it was shown in SDCC and most people did not care until the ES was announced.

I think the LS Bust line has potential if they hit a few homeruns like they did with the Cave Troll in the LOTR LS Bust.

I think it just sux. Otherwise, I would bought multiples of him (didn't buy him at all).

gambit said:
Spider man?
interesting I never come up with really

I need to read more :monkey1

Amazing Spider-Man #350. Spidey pretty much is just trying to keep up with Doom. He is basically trying not to get killed.

Nice Erik Larsen art and cool little story. One of my first comics way back in the early 90's.

e5_1.JPG

I think the Exclusive busts are sought out by those whom have secured the Exclusive PF statue. The nameplate is to accent the entire collection, not just the bust. I had an Exclusive Iron Man and Exclusive Doom that were sold. I then secured the Exclusive IM Bust but not the Exclusive Doom Bust (Didn't really appeal to me). Daredevil is the first Exclusive bust to come out before the PF. Maybe SS is getting an indication if they should produce more DD items. They hint to it in the description but only time will tell. EX bust sold out quick enough.

customizerwannabe said:
Yep. I need the Doom and IM plates for my exclusives now. You just nudged me over that edge of indecision. Gee...thanks.:D

I think in the long run, it will make for a more complete display of each character. For Doom we have the PF, LS Bust & Archive Set. For Iron Man we have the 1/4 Comiquette, LS Bust (on the way) and hopefully a Vs. peice in the future. And now with Daredevil the LS bust is awesome and it's inevitable thae we will get a PF and Archive set. Just imagine a shelf for each with all three of those and the nameplate, now that will be kick ass!

Like this...

img0157ae8.jpg

...with the nameplate at the center of it all.

Last edited:
Yeah, if I collected these, I would buy the exclusives for sure. It adds to the pieces, especially if you have the PF/comiquettes.

Good luck!

customizerwannabe said:
Yep. I need the Doom and IM plates for my exclusives now. You just nudged me over that edge of indecision. Gee...thanks.:D

I may be persuaded to let my IM plate go. The IM bust I've got coming and a couple of Hard Hero Iron Man's will most likely make up my display. Let me know if you can't find one.

ED, the nameplate is a must, IMO. Like many have said, it really adds to the collection. :chew :chew

Back