Marvel Busts Exclusive or Not Exclusive. That is the Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizerwannabe

An Evil Collector?
Reaction score
Now that the Ill Jedi has me parting with more cash and starting yet another line with Daredevil I need to catch up. DD is an exclusive with the nameplate. Should I pay a premium to get the rest likewise or sell DD later and get all regular versions? I want them all one way or the other. Any opinions?

:rotfl :rotfl
Off to ebay he goes. :lol

Seriously, I am an exclusive nut so I say go exclusive and never look back. However, some amazing deals can be had if you don't mind getting the regular.

customizerwannabe said:
Now that the Ill Jedi has me parting with more cash and starting yet another line with Daredevil I need to catch up. DD is an exclusive with the nameplate. Should I pay a premium to get the rest likewise or sell DD later and get all regular versions? I want them all one way or the other. Any opinions?

Sorry to be such a bad influence!

I'm an Exclusive man myself! :rock

As a rule I tend to stay away from busts. The Legendary Bust line is one of those "on a case by case" basis lines for me. If it's a cool character I like and it looks good then great.

Will I become a slave to nameplates? nah. :rolleyes:

Will I become a slave to nameplates? nah.

I commend your integrity. Unfortunately I have none. I have become an exclusive whore and can't lay off 'em. I'm gonna pay stupid money for a stupid F-ing nameplate on Doom and Iron Man because I'm addicted worse than if it were crack. I hate myself sometimes!:eek:

Last edited:
I don't think that the nameplates are really worth that much on the secondary market and in the long run I don't see them to be that much in demand. I'd stick to the standard versions since most you can get them below retail on ebay. I've seen Doom busts go for $130!!

If you've been watching ebay lately the Doom Ex Bust isn't going for that much over retail. With the Doom PF being uber-popular, you'd think that the nameplate would be in high demand but it isn't.

At the ES of just 100, the Daredevil Ex. might just not be enough for all the Exclusive Whores out there.

And hence the only SERIOUSLY flippable Marvel LS bust.

That said, it seems to be a killer sculpt of a killer character. I love it to bits, even more than the Iron Man one. And thank God it looks nothing like Affleck...

Bonehead15 said:
If you've been watching ebay lately the Doom Ex Bust isn't going for that much over retail. With the Doom PF being uber-popular, you'd think that the nameplate would be in high demand but it isn't.

I think it has more to do with a saturation of Doom product from Sideshow: PF, Archieve Set and Legendary Scale Bust.

He is a cool bad guy and all but he still falls on that "not as well-known as" category. The Archieve Set was pushing people's tolerance for more Doom. Then his Legendary Bust opens up the Marvel line, sells poorly and they only make 100 exclusives. We are talking a few weeks here since it was shown in SDCC and most people did not care until the ES was announced.

I think the LS Bust line has potential if they hit a few homeruns like they did with the Cave Troll in the LOTR LS Bust.

SolidLiquidFox said:
He is a cool bad guy and all but he still falls on that "not as well-known as" category.

No offense, but are you kidding?:confused:

Doom is without a doubt Marvel's most popular and most well known villain. Even 10 years ago before the "Marvel Movies boom" he was well known to non-comic book fans.

The only villain that would come close to Doom is Magneto just because of the X-Men movies.

Bonehead15 said:
No offense, but are you kidding?:confused:

Doom is without a doubt Marvel's most popular and most well known villain. Even 10 years ago before the "Marvel Movies boom" he was well known to non-comic book fans.

The only villain that would come close to Doom is Magneto just because of the X-Men movies.

Doom is not a well known villain to me as well.

if you haven't read so much FF4 comics, where else you will meet doom, really, I wanna know ?

Magneto is more popular in Turkey for example, or venom, doc ock

Most people know who Lex Luthor is. They don't know who Doctor Doom is. They also did not know who Magneto was until the Xmen movie came along.

I am talking about the average non-comics readers out there. The people who are in touch with pop culture enough to catch a few references here and there.

Luthor = bald dude = bad guy from Superman

Doctor Doom = F4 movie flopped = Scary mask dude?

Funny, when you think about it DC has the more well known villains. Joker, Lex Luthor, Riddler, Penguin, and the list goes on. I think Marvel has a larger number of well known heroes though.

Back