Mars Toys 1/6 Penguin (Burgess Meredith)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they’re doing alright. I really want Mars to stay in business long enough to fulfill all of the various Bat-villains they’ve teased. I’ve wanted them forever, and their figures have mostly looked great.

It’s pretty annoying to see them keep teasing more new figures though. I rolled my eyes upon seeing their new, fully completed Doc Brown prototype, out of nowhere, when they still haven’t finished their DeVito Penguin or Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face. It’s replaced the feeling I used to get whenever Hot Toys would announce a new Iron Man. :lol
Not to mention Keaton Bruce Wayne, Black Manta and their Breaking Bad figures :impatient:

Holy ****, he looks perfect now! :horror

D1EA404A-5196-4FCB-893A-825DF4F4301A.jpeg

It was posted in the Mars facebook group.

I’m in awe. I really, really hope they keep delivering on actual figure releases. This is insane - it has to be their best likeness yet.

…Part of me wishes they’d redo Prank Villain now. :lol

Yep, posted on Mars’ FB page. It’s real, my friends. It’s real.

spectacular.gif

I don't get it -- is that their bonus 3rd sculpt? The two previous sculpts both barred their teeth.

It has to be a third sculpt. So far they’ve shown one with a teeth-gritting grin, and the regular smiling head they showed with the initial “complete” prototype. This doesn’t look anything like either of those two heads, so I’m going to assume they’re overhauling all three - or cutting one in favor of this (which I’d say is a reasonable compromise given how incredible this new sculpt looks).

So far both Romero Joker and Gorshin Riddler have both included three heads (the third heads being preorder bonuses).

I wonder how they’ll do Catwoman - three basic heads, one for each actress, or some sort of deluxe set with multiple for each actress? Separate full releases?

My gosh they’re hitting hard tonight!

E634A89E-4EDA-44A1-A6C6-2B87EE74A2EB.jpeg

I could lose the basic smiling sculpt. I do love the teeth barred, chomping on his cigarette holder though.

You’re in luck - they just posted another picture! :panic:Could Penguin be the next up for preorder?

I’d have a ton of faith restored if both Carrey Riddler and Gus drop soon, then preorders for Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face and Penguin open.

That's the one I like... although that's not too flattering. Hat looks a wee bit small too but hopefully just the angle.

The sculpt itself looks very lifelike though with that skin texture and very good paint.

Penguin is the last of the Trinity: Joker, Riddle, Penguin

Penguin is the last of the Trinity: Joker, Riddle, Penguin

I’m still in for Catwoman - hopefully she’s still happening. I’d like the four villains together from the 1966 movie - even if I use Julie Newmar instead of Lee.

But I agree - having Joker, Riddler, and Penguin is much, much better than just Joker and Riddler.

There's still the issue of the hat colour. Mars had it close originally then went for purple instead.

Someone bombarded their Facebook with a mass of reference photos so they can't not be aware of it.

Back