Marmit Stormtrooper Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's my marmits on dragon bodies, i also seperated the shoe from the shin guard as well for better articulation & painted the hands. the marmit as is out of the box tends to fall apart a bit.
ss05.jpg

here's my marmits on dragon bodies, i also seperated the shoe from the shin guard as well for better articulation & painted the hands. the marmit as is out of the box tends to fall apart a bit.
ss05.jpg

Really cool! Love the MG-15 custom!

Is the Hot Toys TT body as tall as the Sideshow buck? Can you put a Sideshow head on it?

I think so, depending on your neck options. The TrueType basic figure comes with a DML style neckpost, but I don't know how well it would take a Sideshow head. The bodies are both somewhat close in height.

I tried some of the leg armor on a spare TT boy last weekend...very tight fit but shouldn't be as bad as using the BBi body.

Just got 2 stormie marmit:banana

Was planning on customizing one with a HT TT body with a Lucas sculpt. Do I have to do any customization on the armor etc?

anyone know the going rate on the marmit trooper and fett?

It really depends, a loose Stormtrooper just sold for over $100 on Ebay. I bought a Fett for $75 last month and once bought a Stormtrooper for $40. Just keep looking at the commerce section. Good deals always pop up.

I guess I could always hold out for Sideshow's storm troopers? Then i won't be paying crazy Ebay prices and I know that they will be to scale?

Everybody's kinda suggesting you drop mad cash on the Marmits. I watched one go last week for $160. They're really not worth it and you'll still need to do quite a bit of custom work on the bodies to even get close to what you're looking for. The easiest route is Sideshow's troopers. They're the best bang for your buck at $90 per and they're still available from Sideshow (no customer service nightmares). I used Sideshow's for mine. All you need is some teflon tape and two HotToys TrueType lower neck adaptors for the headsculpts. If you want to get a little creative for Luke, you can downsize one of the armor bodies like I did (unscrew it, remove the loose midsection, downsize the barbell to fit with the missing section and you're done!), otherwise, no need. Heat the heads, pop them off and wrap the neck adaptors in the teflon tape until they fit nice and tight into the headsculpts. Then just pull the neck out of the stormy, put the collar over the Han and Luke sculpts and pop them down on the torso ball. You're done! :D

The stormy armour if its like the Marmit armour is great cause it can be heated up and then it becomes plyable

Just ensure you dont try and heat it up with the body suit underneath or slip the armour on to hot over it

As they can melt :( as one triad body suit can attest

I just opened up the instruction sheet, and found out that I have to do some cutting and pasteing:google

I'll just leave this one for the moment.:angelsmil

I was thinking of creating my own Han and Luke as Stormtroopers.
So here's my wierd question because I want to try the same thing.
Is the armor Luke wears (in the movie), the same size as the armor Han wears? Is/was Lukes armor actually smaller to fit his smaller body to look more to scale? If I use a smaller body for Luke would the Marmit armor look huge on him, or would the armor on Han look too tight?

While I should've probably pushed Luke's chestplate in a bit before taking the picture (he looks a bit to breasty :lol), I think the Sideshow Stormtroopers work well for the custom. They're considerably easier to do, a more economical approach (pricewise) and the end result is arguably identical:

HanLukeStormtrooper.jpg

While I should've probably pushed Luke's chestplate in a bit before taking the picture (he looks a bit to breasty :lol), I think the Sideshow Stormtroopers work well for the custom. They're considerably easier to do, a more economical approach (pricewise) and the end result is arguably identical:

HanLukeStormtrooper.jpg

Hans neck looks way to long in this picture. What's up with the giraffe look???

Hans neck looks way to long in this picture. What's up with the giraffe look???

Both heads are sitting on top of the ball in the torso instead of secured on it. I'm still in the valley of decision on whether or not to give them the Future treatment. Once I chose either way, I'll set both heads down. Luke's headsculpt is leaning forward a bit so you can't see it but he's got the same issue.

Ok digging this thread because i have questions on the marmit stormy. I got the kit off ebay, the body is broken, might fix it, but I'm opting to put it on another body, my question is, do I need to cut the midsection armor to fit it in? I tried heating it up, but still, it won't go through.

:gah:

yup I searched the site and wondered why it was here in the props and statue section.

Thanks DarthA i probably just move it to a TT slim.

Back