Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

Are you even serious? Do you even know how choppy and cut-up this would make the fight scenes?

I recall Superman taking the @ss-whooping of his LIFE with Faora and Namek BOTH pounding on him, Namek throwing vans and bringing down planes, Namek THROWING A LOCOMOTIVE on him, Namek and Faora making helicopters and fighter planes crash, just all kinds of unbelievable crap going on, and you want him to take a break during the fight to save kittens in trees and help little old ladies cross the street? During all this the street is being strafed by large-caliber weapons fire and the modern equivalent of napalm. I love kittens myself, but lets keep our expectations at least a little constrained by the realm of the Possible.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I don't even undeerstand what you're trying to say here.:slap

So, by your logic, the kryptonians are pretty much almost as strong as Superman, simply because of the weaker gravity. Riiiiiggghhtt....:cuckoo:

Who in the hell cares? :huh

Leave this thread child.:wave

:lol

Oh my, so I wanna get this straight. When Zod and his crew came down to earth; did they already absorb a partial amount of the yellow sun's radiation? Which is how they were semi-super?

Re: The Man of Steel

3D is useless. Utterly, utterly pointless.
Worse than Clash of the titans.

I really really hate 3D. It really is pointless and not worth the extra money. If they can't or won't do it RIGHT, like it can be, then forget it.

Waste of time, stupid glasses and strains the eyes. :horror

I don't even undeerstand what you're trying to say here.:slap

So, by your logic, the kryptonians are pretty much almost as strong as Superman, simply because of the weaker gravity. Riiiiiggghhtt....:cuckoo:

Oh my god.

tumblr_inline_mhz8c6YLKG1qz4rgp.gif

Stop! just stop, your ignorance is painful.

I'm sure now that you didn't watch the movie :impatient: and you're unfamiliar with Superman's lore.

Krypton had an older (red) sun, and stronger gravity which made Kryptonian constitution a lot stronger to adapt to those harsh conditions, if you put them on a planet with a younger sun (yellow) and less mass, the obvious effect is that they will feel light as a feather, and their bodies would feel stronger because of the sun.

Under a red sun and stronger gravity they would be as fragile as humans.

Someone give this guy a Superman comic quick! :panic:

Oh my god.

I'm sure now that you didn't watch the movie :impatient: and you're unfamiliar with Superman's lore.

Krypton had an older (red) sun, and stronger gravity which made Kryptonian constitution a lot stronger to adapt to those harsh conditions, if you put them on a planet with a younger sun (yellow) and less mass, the obvious effect is that they will feel light as a feather, and their bodies would feel stronger because of the sun.

Whiłe that is part of it, jor-el also said that the radiation from the younger, yellow sun would cause his cells to mutate.

:lol

Oh my, so I wanna get this straight. When Zod and his crew came down to earth; did they already absorb a partial amount of the yellow sun's radiation? Which is how they were semi-super?

Yes. This was established in the comics as well when the kryptonian green lanter soddam yot came to earth, and had the exact same powers that superman had. However, once the sun went down, his powers "battery" ran out very very fast. Clark has access to his powers all the time becuase he has spent 30ish years soaking up the solar radiation.

Yes. This was established in the comics as well when the kryptonian green lanter soddam yot came to earth, and had the exact same powers that superman had. However, once the sun went down, his powers "battery" ran out very very fast. Clark has access to his powers all the time becuase he has spent 30ish years soaking up the solar radiation.

Yeah, even the comics are unevenly written about it, sometimes he loses his energy reserves after a huge attack, sometimes he loses them gradually :dunno

Yeah, even the comics are unevenly written about it, sometimes he loses his energy reserves after a huge attack, sometimes he loses them gradually :dunno

Really? I've never understood sometimes. He gets into battles in other worlds but still retains his man-of-steel-ness.

Oh my god.

Wow, just wow. In the comic, Superman never gets violently sick when introduced to the environment of Krypton, he simply just gradually loses his powers due to the red sun.

The movie introduced/invented the "difference in environment" angle to explain his weakness and to introduce a vulnerability, due to them not wanting to introduce kryptonite. You trying to make sense of it using the comic as reference, shows your level of understanding, or lack there of.

Really? I've never understood sometimes. He gets into battles in other worlds but still retains his man-of-steel-ness.

Well in the new unbound movie (which is a little different to the comics), he spent too much time inside Brainiac's ship and started to lose his powers, he had to go and stand before a miniature yellow sun inside the ship to regain strength.

He's just a giant battery. When he uses his powers, it depletes him gradually if not continuosly absobing solar radiation. Some powers use more of his reserves, like heat vision. In a comic series from a couple of years back, where a villian induced continuous night, Superman was gradually weakening, due to the sun not being readily available for him to charge on earth.

Wow, just wow. In the comic, Superman never gets violently sick when introduced to the environment of Krypton, he simply just gradually loses his powers due to the red sun.

The movie introduced/invented the "difference in environment" angle to explain his weakness and to introduce a vulnerability, due to them not wanting to introduce kryptonite. You trying to make sense of it using the comic as reference, shows your level of understanding, or lack there of.

You're telling me that I lack understanding when I had to explain to you with apples and oranges, why Kryptonians are stronger on Earth? You're on fire.

tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif

Some parts of the movie agree with the comics, some parts don't.

Why is it so hard to understand?

The part of Superman losing power under a red sun or the lack of a yellow sun and gaining power under the yellow sun is part of the comics.

Last edited:

Just happy this movie delivered the goods after my psuedo disappointment with IM3.

If MOS sucked it would've been a depressing summer for Superhero movies.

I mean, it's not like The Wolverine will be any good so that's already a wash. :lol

Back