Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

I like Zimmer's work from the 90s more than anything else.

Lion King, Driving Miss Daisy, Rainman, Back Draft, ****ing The Rock. Those are all way more powerful than the same old **** he does now. Though, Gladiator and Pirates of the Caribbean is pretty uplifting, the main themes anyway. Gladiator wasn't in the 90s right? I get those early 2000s movies like Phantom Menace, Matrix, Gladiator, etc. mixed up.

The Gladiator score is great! I've had that either on cd or digitally since it came out. He does use part of one theme again in POTC.

That's because you can't accept a new Trek. The score is perfect for new Trek. It stands out.

I still say its more like a superhero theme. And I always thought that even before STID retroactively turned me off the 09 film.

edit - huh, you must have deleted this post. I was wondering why the normal quote function wasn't working.

:lol I don't recall ANY of the music in the film. I certainly couldn't point out the new Superman theme. The visuals were too overwhelming so the music just ended up as filler and only its absence would have been noticeable.

I still say its more like a superhero theme. And I always thought that even before STID retroactively turned me off the 09 film.

edit - huh, you must have deleted this post. I was wondering why the normal quote function wasn't working.

I didn't think it was a good post. It was a boring response that didn't add anything new,

I've started too. I have a habit of posting whatever pops into the ol noggin.

And when I think about it...i'm like "Is that really a needed post?"

I really do think this is a solid film. I think it's what Green Lantern aspired to be: a good foundation. I don't think Snyder will ignore the criticisms that this film has garnered, and I feel that, in turn, Man of Steel will be even better. Suffice it to say, I really hope the Nolans return, because, from what Carl was saying, I'm not convinced that Goyer can do it on his own.

Just got back, I liked it overall, I think there's a few areas it could improve

-too much world building, I think it can be overwhelming when they over think stuff, there's just too many elements.
-pretty much half of the film is action, and there was nothing that stood out as memorable. Like if you were to try and remember a particularly interesting FX shot there just isn't any because they are all so complex. I think they could have saved money by doing some more interesting shots rather than doing so many buildings blowing up and however many walls that people were smashed through.

Thinking back on it, the sexless bio-engineered society might have been a better fit on Wonder Woman's Themiskyra.

No wonder Zod was so worked up, a society built on not boinking would make anyone go mad!

No wonder Zod was so worked up, a society built on not boinking would make anyone go mad!

Technically Jor-El is Krypton's first sex criminal, so actually Zod should have put him on trial lol.

Saw it last night and it was epic. Far better than i had thought it would be and it easily lived up to the hype. Marvellous action, marvellous soundtrack, great suit and the fight and flight sequences were out of this world. Delighted that it wasnt overshadowed by any romantic nonsense and that louis lane provided only a little distraction. Cannot wait for the blu ray.

oh and just like hot toys figures, youre never gonna be able to make everyone happy. Some of the negative comments on here are bewelidering to say the least; I mean this movie has blasted superman into the 21st century proper

Saw it last night and it was epic. Far better than i had thought it would be and it easily lived up to the hype. Marvellous action, marvellous soundtrack, great suit and the fight and flight sequences were out of this world. Delighted that it wasnt overshadowed by any romantic nonsense and that louis lane provided only a little distraction. Cannot wait for the blu ray.

I enjoyed that too, unlike TF3 and IM3 it's about the character not about the love for some woman, it was about superman's becoming, plain and simple, and becoming in a way that he should be, 70+ years of the boyscout and the idiot/dork clark kent is enough.

Back