Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Yeah, a more fantastical Batman franchise (not to be mistaken with campy) would be great to see.

Nolan's films will always hold a special place for me - but there's no point for anyone taking the reigns to take that same approach because its almost doomed to fail and it has been done.

I hope Christian Bale Batman makes a cameo. :pray:

What was this all about in I am Legend, another movie maybe :dunno

IAL_SB.png

The studios' official word is that Nolan's Batman exists in a vaccuum amongst itself as he has written it. They want a Batman who can be incorporated into the film DCU (ala The Avengers) and co-exist with Green Lantern, Superman, etc. Nolan will tie up his Batman in this third film and then go on to produce the newest version.

Originally Green Lantern was supposed to kick off the DCU Justice League marched with even talks of Reynolds providing a cameo in Man of Steel similar to the way that Tony Stark did in The Incredible Hulk but since that film did not perform as well as they hoped, I believe all of that was scrapped as WB hasn't definitively said what they are doing with the GL franchise.

Actually tossing him in there wouldn't hurt. Might even get more people to see the GL sequel. :huh

IAL_SB.png

Fanboygasm, I'm guessing. :huh

IAL_SB.png

It was intentional. Before Nolan took on the Batman mythos, an active project was Batman vs. Superman that made it director (first McG and then Wolfgang Petersen) with a script originally written by JJ Abrams and then rewritten by Akiva Goldsman that involved a very dark and almost twisted storyline that involved Batman and Superman that had both Josh Hartnett rumored to be attached as Superman and Christian Bale approached for Batman. It even had a shooting schedule to be released in the summer of 2004, shooting in 2003 but was scrapped to focus on both individual projects for Superman and Batman.

Bryan Singer even pitched the idea again to follow up Superman Returns when they wanted more action and Petersen has continually expressed interest in doing it, although he specifically mentioned Bale as Batman. Akiva Goldsman put it in I Am Legend specifically as a inside joke of the project that came so close to getting done but was pulled literally at the last moment (no actors were officially signed I believe) when he wrote the script. It was supposed to be one of those things like the movie would have been made but the world ended before it could be shown.

This is the only male Hot Toys figure I see myself buying regardless of anything and he's not even announced yet. :lol

It was intentional. Before Nolan took on the Batman mythos, an active project was Batman vs. Superman that made it director (first McG and then Wolfgang Petersen) with a script originally written by JJ Abrams and then rewritten by Akiva Goldsman that involved a very dark and almost twisted storyline that involved Batman and Superman that had both Josh Hartnett rumored to be attached as Superman and Christian Bale approached for Batman. It even had a shooting schedule to be released in the summer of 2004, shooting in 2003 but was scrapped to focus on both individual projects for Superman and Batman.

Bryan Singer even pitched the idea again to follow up Superman Returns when they wanted more action and Petersen has continually expressed interest in doing it, although he specifically mentioned Bale as Batman. Akiva Goldsman put it in I Am Legend specifically as a inside joke of the project that came so close to getting done but was pulled literally at the last moment (no actors were officially signed I believe) when he wrote the script. It was supposed to be one of those things like the movie would have been made but the world ended before it could be shown.

Thanks! And Wow! Like someone else said this in another thread, you're like an encyclopedia :wave

I'm kind of shocked to see the love for the Superman TAS theme here. It always seemed like stock music with generic "heroic trumpets" to me, and never fit what was being shown on screen.

I'm kind of shocked to see the love for the Superman TAS theme here. It always seemed like stock music with generic "heroic trumpets" to me, and never fit what was being shown on screen.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

To me it always seemed like they said, "Find something 'heroic' that kinda fits with Elfman's Batman theme." and settled on that.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

To me it always seemed like they said, "Find something 'heroic' that kinda fits with Elfman's Batman theme." and settled on that.

With a character such as Supes, trumpets fanfares were pretty much a given in any theme song he's involved with. While obviously not as good as the JW theme, it pretty much fits the bill.

I saw it as more of play on the Lois and Clark theme, which I also liked.

I got that vibe as well.

I'd like to hear Zimmer take a swing at it but he's probably too smart to try.

Just no James Horner please.

Really? I love James Horner. I find him more consistent than JW actually.

Agree, he consistently repeats himself regardless the subject matter.
His soundtracks are interchangeable with one another.
He should pay royalties to Aaron Coplands estate for that Field of Dreams soundtrack.

Agree, he consistently repeats himself regardless the subject matter.
His soundtracks are interchangeable with one another.
He should pay royalties to Aaron Coplands estate for that Field of Dreams soundtrack.

Pretty much all composers put out interchangeable soundtracks. Including, and particularly these days, John Williams. However I think Horner can still put out a good new melody where Williams, IMO can't anymore.

Pretty much all composers put out interchangeable soundtracks. Including, and particularly these days, John Williams. However I think Horner can still put out a good new melody where Williams, IMO can't anymore.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Tales from the Crypt and Beetlejuice are almost interchangeable. :lol

Back