Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Thank you DC and all the idiots working at that company that is ____ing up Superman in the comics and having an effect on the film as well.I'm surprised they didnt use the Bruce Springsteen look that they think is sooo amazing for the movie costume!How does a bunch of 50 year olds, who work for DC ,think they can change an iconic costume and make it cool?They cant because they are out of touch.What bull____.Leave SUPERMAN alone!Bryan Singer got so much ____ for changing the costume and that movie failed.I hope this one fails as well.Who the hell does Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder think they are?Chris Nolan should stick to ____ty films that feature Leo Di"crap"io and Snyder should stick to Frank Miller stories.I say Frank Miller because they should never let him direct a film.Ever!

^^ Yikes have you had a bad day or something? Untangle those knickers m8! It's only a film ffs!

This is a funny story Kevin Smith tells about his Superman experience.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk&list=FLQXwX01MFoHDnGabMLt-naw&index=2&feature=plpp"]Kevin Smith about talk Superman - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you DC and all the idiots working at that company that is ____ing up Superman in the comics and having an effect on the film as well.I'm surprised they didnt use the Bruce Springsteen look that they think is sooo amazing for the movie costume!How does a bunch of 50 year olds, who work for DC ,think they can change an iconic costume and make it cool?They cant because they are out of touch.What bull____.Leave SUPERMAN alone!Bryan Singer got so much ____ for changing the costume and that movie failed.I hope this one fails as well.Who the hell does Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder think they are?Chris Nolan should stick to ____ty films that feature Leo Di"crap"io and Snyder should stick to Frank Miller stories.I say Frank Miller because they should never let him direct a film.Ever!

:cuckoo: :slap

I'm not in love (read: I kind of hate) the new Jim Lee Superman design that they're using in MoS. Still, a compelling story can go a long way. If Snyder can bring his usual flair for visuals and action to this film, I can get past the rubber and lack of red undies.

I'm more concerned about the script Snyder has to work with, unlike Sucker Punch.

It's weird and rubber. And I have seen it in motion too. The Cape is waay too heavy. Zod's design on the other hand is interesting. Very Sci-Fi, very Halo. But this does not feel like Superman. And half the takes can't be used at the moment because of the fake folds in the rubber body suit. Cavill is heavily padded. Thank god they have enough time to paint out/digitally replace parts of the suit.

Are you on the movie set? Just wondering.

I'm not in love (read: I kind of hate) the new Jim Lee Superman design that they're using in MoS. Still, a compelling story can go a long way. If Snyder can bring his usual flair for visuals and action to this film, I can get past the rubber and lack of red undies.

I'm more concerned about the script Snyder has to work with, unlike Sucker Punch.

I'll let you know how the SuckePunch DC is, I have a feeling I will be the one taking a sucker punch...in the nuts.

Are you on the movie set? Just wondering.

... Can't say.
But let's just say I'm in a "hands on" position with the movie.

Honestly, I think everyone is going to be surprised by Zod, I was.
I was expecting another human in black suit approach, but it's way cooler and more scifi than that.
His exo suit? looks like something from Halo. And his face and body design (at the moment) is really cool.
He has an "alien" beard, looks a little goat like. Which I don't fully get because he's from Krypton too right?
I haven't seen the other character.

Last edited:

so people complained returns had no serious villains so this time they have him up against an army of caucasian sushi chefs?? weak, man. so weak.

110830-superman4.jpg

Dayum.. I'm really starting to like that cape.

Was never a big Superman fan outside of Smallville, but if HT makes a figure of him in that suit.. I want it.

I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of CG cape. :( CG capes always give me bad flashbacks to Spawn.

That shot is from in-between takes. When they were filming, he had his cape on.

Back