Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Thats always been one of my personal beliefs. The suit should be alien looking, meaning from another planet. He is not human, it shouldn't look like it was made by a manufacturer or something you can buy at a costume store on Earth. It should look like something that did not come from planet earth. In watching atleast Superman I when they show the other beings in the council from Krypton, they all have symbols on their chest, and Jor-El's is in the shape of an S. Its Kryptonian hieroglyphics. Its not a human made S and it does not stand for Superman, its "the House of El". So to say the S is wrong I really dont like that argument. The S was very different starting from the first Superman Action Comic and it continued to change for the last 70 years. There is no right or wrong with the S. Its just a symbol.

Ill also add, why does it need a belt? You would think an alien race thats far advanced beyond us from Earth would know how to keep their pants from falling down :)

Completely agree. The classic suit is just that... Classic. Nothing will ever take that away from the fans. Times change and theres nothing wrong with some aesthetic changes.

Completely agree. The classic suit is just that... Classic. Nothing will ever take that away from the fans. Times change and theres nothing wrong with some aesthetic changes.
Exactly..

Why don't they just film the whole freaken movie with cameras and crap made from the 60s, since almost everyone here can't accept the fact that time doesn't stand still.

Our technology is advancing..why shouldn't his suit?

Superman is supposed to be a modern day super hero, is he not?

Exactly..

Why don't they just film the whole freaken movie with cameras and crap made from the 60s, since almost everyone here can't accept the fact that time doesn't stand still.

Our technology is advancing..why shouldn't his suit?

Superman is supposed to be a modern day super hero, is he not?

I can agree with Supes evolving and changing with the times...but the only thing that SHOULD NOT change is the Superman March by John Williams. As long as that's in the film, I'll be happy

Suit looks very cool (only wish it was a bit brighter, but i'm not gonna cry about it)

LOL@ at the whiners, it's 2011 (2013 when it comes out) for cryin out loud, shyyt aint gonna stay the same forever. If the movie sucks the suit will be the least of our worries.. Let's worry about that FIRST!

Is it now a crime to dislike something? You make the least little criticism against something and you're tagged as a whiner. This whole board is like that now, everything devolves into name calling.

I don't mean to label anyone. (well f it maybe i do) Just seems everyone's gotta complain about SOMETHING on this board (and the internet in general) I think in this day and age when we get almost anything we want were a bit unappreciative.

I mean if you don't like it fine...GREAT! Your OPINION. But, like i said let's worry about if were getting a good movie FIRST!

This is the Sideshow Freaks board. People hate on everything.

Everyone hated TDK Batman suit when it showed up and after the movie the haters loved it.

Same will happen with this suit.

I don't mean to label anyone. (well f it maybe i do) Just seems everyone's gotta complain about SOMETHING on this board (and the internet in general) I think in this day and age when we get almost anything we want were a bit unappreciative.

I mean if you don't like it fine...GREAT! Your OPINION. But, like i said let's worry about if were getting a good movie FIRST!

Theres a difference between complain and critique. I for one am not hating on it rather than critiquing it to my own personal view of Superman. Again I am looking forward to the movie and we shouldn't generalize the board, it discourages discussion. It goes the other way around as well, we shouldn't be making fun of people who DO like it.

This is exactly why i hate the internet and Twitter and YouTube and ____ing Blackberry and IPhone etc. I miss back in the day when you didn't have the slightest clue what the ____ was coming out until you saw a trailer then went and watched it and judged for yourself and it was really exciting, same goes for video games you rented first and decided if you liked it enough to buy..not be tempted to watch some ____ing hypercritical loser that works reviewing this ____ for a living, dishing it all out to you, or having fellow geeks do the same via message boards, Twitter, Youtube etc.

For example, i hate people like this...

[ame="https://youtu.be/saKNFwNuJvQ"]https://youtu.be/saKNFwNuJvQ[/ame]

____ you. Maybe you should've met Kevin in person then decided you dumb b'tch. XD

Last edited:

This new movie is an abomination. Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster are spinning in their graves faster than a speeding bullet right now. 100x more children are going to starve in Africa from now until 2013 because of this movie and the decision to give Superman a modified Spider-Man costume. And not the good Spider-Man costume either, I'm talking about that new piece of ____ Facebook jabroni Spider-Man costume.

I can agree with Supes evolving and changing with the times...but the only thing that SHOULD NOT change is the Superman March by John Williams. As long as that's in the film, I'll be happy

Why would it be in the film? This is a new series...it needs new music.

Could be Zimmer....might end up being Tyler Bates...who will probably end up stealing the original music like he stole 300's....

Yeah, that whole score is basicly stolen.

AYMdLNUCEAAbzh1.jpg

I didn't like the suit when I saw the final designs and costume test shots... But it's actually grown on me since and I think folks will be much more tolerant when they see it in motion and on screen. The cape is amazing.

BTW, Nolan also had a lot of input on this look, too.

Still... This is :lol

Bond theme never changed, just updated with the times.

The Bond series, aside from the Craig flicks, are one film series. Few are connected, but it is one single series. Dispite actor changes.

The Burton Batman series is different from Shoemaker's series (dispite what he says, it's too different to be the same) and they didnt keep the same theme...same with Batman Begins.

I highly doubt the Williams theme will be in the film, unless it's some little nod, like a commercial or something.

But, you never know. Maybe they will keep it. Depends on what their vision is.

the suit looks awsome.
the guy looks like a superman and just by knowing that noland is involved in the project this will be one epic movie.

Noland involved + Hans Zimmer soundtrack = MEGA EPIC MOVIE

Back