Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Lol i can't believe this guys shoves a cape down his clothes:lol. Having to take a sh!+ must be wonderful for Superman do with that cape needing to be adjusted all the time.

I can't wait to see how much better the fights will be with our current technology available. He should surpass any other superhero fight scene in terms of scale with ease.

Lol i can't believe this guys shoves a cape down his clothes:lol. Having to take a sh!+ must be wonderful for Superman do with that cape needing to be adjusted all the time.

I can't wait to see how much better the fights will be with our current technology available. He should surpass any other superhero fight scene in terms of scale with ease.

He can change in a phone booth in milliseconds, and I doubt he has any prostate problems so I don't think bathroom breaks are going to be the villain in this one.

He can change in a phone booth in milliseconds, and I doubt he has any prostate problems so I don't think bathroom breaks are going to be the villain in this one.

Of all places, why on earth did they pick a public phone booth for him to change? I swear it's like they make the DC universe citizens dumba$$es in Metropolis.:lol

I'm not a Superman hater, i just find it funny. Still, someone should try to put the outfit under their clothes and take a sh!+ without removing anything completely.

He's Superman, I'm pretty sure he will do just fine?

Something I had not considered before,but now I am wondering. Will Man of Steel be set in modern times or the 1940's? The reason I was thinking that is tat the S is definately from the 1940's (Or Earth 2, but nevermind that :) ). Perhaps WB wanted to do a similar thing that Marvel did with Captain America. I dunno.

Can only happen on Earth II as everyone knows there isn just one and only Superman on Earth I: Chris Reeve and his comics accurate costume! :D

Now, I kinda like what they're trying to do. Won't be iconic (seems like now people think the original suit is ridiculous, but seriously, I'd also be rolling on the floor if I saw an actual guy wearing the new suit in the real world too!) but I guess it might work...

Just won't go in history as the man who can fly, just the man who plays the man who can fly!

But hey, White is black (no racism here, just pointing out they're moving away from the tradition and Fishburne is a hell of a great actor), so why not going farther and changing the suit. Can be an interesting take on the character...

Only thing REALLY bothering me is the hair. Don't care they didn't go for the S lock (one more departure...) bur man, this frizzy hair is just terrible looking! Hopefully, it's just a promo shot and they'll work on that.

Oh, anyone notice that the cape is actually reminescent of Cain's cape in the first L&C: TNAoS episodes. hope it'll look better as they quickly moded it! :D

I just want to point out to folks that the following pics are not from the MAN OF STEEL set, but are actually just Henry walking from the Hard Rock Hotel towards the San Diego Convention Center during Comic-Con (he was there to promote THE IMMORTALS):

Cavill1.jpg

Cavill2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Uh, I do not agree about Warner holding back Superman because they want to only focus on Bats and Hobbits. Like any company, they want to release as much products out as possible to make money.

That's what I said if you'd bother reading rather than skimming. The Hobbit was slated for release only weeks before The Man of Steel's original release date. If it was released on it's original December date, it could potentially infringe on profits for The Hobbit. I also menioned that TDKR is their blockbuster Superflick for 2012. Green Lantern was too much of a failure to be their next big franchise and it's lackluster performance has probably had some effects on whether or not they want to depend on other non-big two heroes to headline their box office for the year. Therefore, they're changing things a bit in order for MoS to be their 2013 blockbuster. They are thinking about money, just not in as linear a sense as you are.

Lightened up the pic, check it out:

supes1.jpg

No Shorts, No "S" Curl. At least not in that photo. Who knows what'll change between now and when the film's released though.

He looks like Anakin Skywalker from ROTS.

not keen on that pic. give totally the wrong first impression of superman. having said that the cape is one thing that does look awesome

Back