Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Complete guess of what the suit will look like based on what I can see from the first promo pic.

manofsteel.jpg

Very interesting....

new-superman-costume-jim-lee-2011-e1309126458580.jpg

I wonder if the Batman reboot will lean towards the New 52 as well...

This film is the only Superman thing I got going on as I wont be reading any of the new books.Not that a Superman who resembles a 65 year old rock muscian like Bruce Springsteen isnt exciting or hip.

Really really doesn't look like it :dunno

Oh, Nevermind you're right. I think that image is fairly clear.

But then why's he wearing a belt?:lol I mean Batman I understand (its his utility belt), but Supes? I guess its just breaks up the blue...

if they really wanted to break up the blue, they would've included the red trunks.

The Costume looks so %^&*in stupid without the trunks. Why change 75 years of having them for a few morons who have no clue or are fair weather fans of the character.

It will really piss me off if they do such a great job from what I see here with the Golden Age S to the right boots to the modern cape only to Screw everything up by not including the red trunks.

Last edited:

supes1.jpg

[ame="https://youtu.be/9PANbsSf0cQ"]https://youtu.be/9PANbsSf0cQ[/ame]

hmmmmm...

I'm surprised after mimicking the look of the New 52 they didn't bother to match the red belt...

The Costume looks so %^&*in stupid without the trunks. Why change 75 years of having them for a few morons who have no clue or are fair weather fans of the character.

I'm sorry but its true.

Come on now, I don't like the trunks and I'm pretty sure I'm not a moron. That's a bit harsh. I'll admit I'm not a hardcore Supes fan. But I am a hardcore Batman fan and I don't like the trunks on his original design either.

Still, I could understand leaving the trunks on Supes. It's alien fashion!!!

Batman is not Superman. There are Superhero's and then there is Superman.

This may sound very fanboyish but its true. Superman is the blueprint all the rest are what followed because of the character. His look is timeless, the trunks have been on every incarnation of the character since it debut in 38. Everyone wants to put there Take on things and say look I recreated one of the most beloved and historic character ever created and that is the problem. The character besides minor S shield enlargements and cape being a little longer has basically stayed the same for over 60 years. This is how the public see's the character.

And moron is a strong word, I do apologize but this is very close to my heart and it upsets me to no end how DC and WB have been treating the character and it's history over the last few years.

Batman is not Superman. There are Superhero's and then there is Superman.

This may sound very fanboyish but its true. Superman is the blueprint all the rest are what followed because of the character. His look is timeless, the trunks have been on every incarnation of the character since it debut in 38. Everyone wants to put there Take on things and say look I recreated one of the most beloved and historic character ever created and that is the problem. The character besides minor S shield enlargements and cape being a little longer has basically stayed the same for over 60 years. This is how the public see's the character.

And moron is a strong word, I do apologize but this is very close to my heart and it upsets me to no end how DC and WB have been treating the character and it's history over the last few years.

No problems :duff I see where you're coming from. At least you'll always have the Reeves Supes to look back on.

Hopefully, Ill have this to. Still time to add them I personally believe they put this picture out like it is for a reason, They want to see how people will react to possibly no trunks.

I think we will see them. ;)

I like the gold belt. I didn't realize 52 had a red belt, but that's another reason to hate the reboot costume.

I prefer the trunks, but movie versions are all about justifying the comic looks. For the life of me I can't think of any reason that an ancient, intellectual civilization like the Kryptonians would have outfits with shorts on the outside like earthian 1930s circus performers.

They didnt justify it in the 1978 movie or Superman Returns so why start now?

Back