Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc&feature=related[/ame]

Somebody had to be made Black in this film... Better Perry than Jimmy imo...

Why not Ron Throupe he is part of the Daily Planet Staff
RonTroupe.jpg

Fishburne's a good actor, but there are a helluva lot better choices for Perry. I still think Alec Baldwin would've made a kick-ass Perry. With Nolan being involved, I would've even liked to have seen Tom Berenger get the role. Eh, what the hell, there'll be another reboot in 5 years anyway.

Though this news makes me wonder if DC won't have black Perry in the relaunch books just to give some continuity to the choice (I.e. Ultimate Nick Fury).

Last edited:

Fishburne's a great choice - good actor and has a gravitas that the role could use. I could even see him as Luthor.

I haven't seen it posted, but there was some fan art made as a one sheet at SDCC that was a pretty cool image with Cavill in the suit - has it made to the world wide webz yet?

oh here it is
s_770828_4d2901f7.jpg

Denzel Washington won an academy award, so he can act, why not make him Superman? Haley Barry won an academy award, so she can act, why not make her Lois?
This is a sarcastic response to people saying Fishburne is a good actor, so lets cast him in a role to play a white guy.

Dude needs to put on about 40 pounds of muscle.....

Oh, he's working on it...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/03/henry-cavill-superman-workout_n_917249.html

"I'm on 5000 calories a day... You've got to eat protein first, then a little bit of carbs...you've gotta keep your hunger levels going," he told the magazine. "I'm training two and a half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits, putting on a lot of muscle mass and just making myself look like Superman."

Denzel Washington won an academy award, so he can act, why not make him Superman? Haley Barry won an academy award, so she can act, why not make her Lois?
This is a sarcastic response to people saying Fishburne is a good actor, so lets cast him in a role to play a white guy.

I'd be fine with Halle Berry as Lois..... Denzel while a good actor isn't really the semi young muscular type that would fit the role. Honestly it's Perry White, who cares what race or color he is other than the actor portraying him does a good job.

Evan

Honestly it's Perry White, who cares what race or color he is other than the actor portraying him does a good job.

:lecture

If Marvel fans can stomach Sam Jackson as Nick Fury, DC fans should be able to deal with some Fishburne.

:lecture

If Marvel fans can stomach Sam Jackson as Nick Fury, DC fans should be able to deal with some Fishburne.

Agreed, I don't get all the reactor towards Fishburne as White *HeHe*....If they screwed up one of the MAIN characters, that would just be stupid. Like having a Black Batman or a Mexican Supergirl; that would be lame.

I think its a good casting and I think he'll bring something authentic to the role... Like a real old school news man and the won his position through "guts, passion and elbow grease!"

But I did read someone post that he is wasted as Perry White, he would be better used as Darkseid... Which I can definitely see! But this still works well. But I would suspect that if we were to see a Darkseid in this Synder/Nolan Super-verse (which is unlikely). He'd be big actor with a CGI face! I'd love to see Michael Ironside return to do his voice as a nod to the S:TAS show! Also as Lex hasn't been cast, I honestly think that Clancy Brown could do the live-action role. He was great as the voice and is a terrific actor in general... Just get him in the gym shave his head, tan him up, whack some teeth caps and a suave suit and he is there!!!

Michael Ironside was an AWESOME voice of Darkseid. Can't picture any other voice in my head that fits the gravitas of that character

Back