Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Man-of-Steel-Set-Plano-550x412.jpg

8ace9dfdd2fd85381f26a3f5cd6ff060

MORE ON THE ILLINOIS FILMING FOR MAN OF STEEL
By SuperHeroHype
Jul 5th, 2011

Following up on this article on the filming of Zack Snyder's new Superman movie Man of Steel in Plano, Illinois, the Yorkville Patch reports that filming could also be taking place just down the road there. Here's a clip:

Superman representatives have picked up a film permit application from Yorkville officials as construction on sets in Plano continues rapidly.

Yorkville Mayor Gary Golinski confirmed the application request but said he was unsure if the production would ultimately film in Yorkville, perhaps in Chapel on the Green.

Meanwhile, the public is welcome to walk along Main Street in Plano as crews build sets near the city’s depot.

plano-july5-9.jpg

MAN OF STEEL SET CONSTRUCTION PHOTOS HINT AT DESTRUCTIVE SMALLVILLE SCENE

Production is gearing up for director Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman reboot which is tentatively scheduled for theatrical release in December 2012 and a new batch of images show the progress of the film's set design.

Directed Zack Snyder (Sucker Punch, 300), produced by Christopher Nolan (Inception, The Dark Knight) and starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner Russell Crowe, Christopher Meloni and Antje Traue, Man of Steel is scheduled to begin production in the coming months for a targeted theatrical release in December 2012.

A local resident of Plano, Illinois -- which is doubling as the film's version of Smallville, Kansas -- snapped a few photos of sets currently being constructed for Man of Steel. One house in particular may offer a hint one of the movie's secretive action sequences, as it to have been purposefully designed with only a partial roof:

More pics here: https://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011...ene?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Possibly. Carl did say that filming didn't start until August though....

superman_man_of_steel_01__scaled_800.jpg

Damn, that does look pretty real to me...But one, why isn't Amy Adams' hair darker, like Lois Lane's should be...And another reason it might not be legit, is because they haven't even started filming yet, at least I heard not until August..

Hmmm. A meteorite shower from Krypton like in Smallville?

That's what I was thinking. That or tornado damage because we've also seen that in Smallville and in Superboy. And yeah, that's probably real but a promo shot of Cavil and Adams. Her hair could be a little darker but I do like that pic. Very classic.

He did say with possibly a few shots before then, which makes me question the legitimacy of it all the more.

Is it just me or does Cavil not own a razor? So I guess he's rockin' the Indy look as Kent. It's funny. In his James Bond screen test, he's sporting long hair and a scruffy beard. No wonder Craig got the part.

I do think its damn cool that Chicago is doubling for Metropolis and I think that it will be getting a very nice cg makeover, even more so than in Batman Begins, to distinguish it from just looking like Chicago. As for this being a trilogy, with everything that is transpiring with the Siegel/Shuster families and that court case, God only knows if Snyder, Nolan, Cavill and Co. will even be able to return to this series. My bet is that WB pays whatever the families want but standing in everybody's way is the lawyers. Crazy.

Its a fake. Looks like some magazine ad that they photoshopped the actors into.

-For one, there is something odd about the way Cavill's skin looks where it meets his shirt. The lines are too sharp. Most noticeable is where his right arm meets his shirt cuff.

-His head is too small for the body

-Adams is too skinny

-The lighting on Adam's face is different than on the rest of her body. The thousand yard stare she has gives away that she is not looking at anyone. They appeared to photoshop her head on a blond model, as there is this blond tuft on hair on her back that is much longer than her hairline and also appears slightly curly.

-There is also this wierd break in the image that runs down the center of the photo that seems to be where they scanned it from.

Oh it's definitely fake... The hair around McAdams ear is odd and looks shopped. But the image has a great feel to it and is almost as good as a real still.

Dude, you are hardcore. :bow

Awesome shop though.

Its a fake. Looks like some magazine ad that they photoshopped the actors into.

-For one, there is something odd about the way Cavill's skin looks where it meets his shirt. The lines are too sharp. Most noticeable is where his right arm meets his shirt cuff.

-His head is too small for the body

-Adams is too skinny

-The lighting on Adam's face is different than on the rest of her body. The thousand yard stare she has gives away that she is not looking at anyone. They appeared to photoshop her head on a blond model, as there is this blond tuft on hair on her back that is much longer than her hairline and also appears slightly curly.

-There is also this wierd break in the image that runs down the center of the photo that seems to be where they scanned it from.

It isn't legit. It is a photoshopped Smallville picture from a magazine ...

smallville-tv-show-image-600x403.jpg

SnakeDoc

KentFarm4-550x412.jpg

Is this the Kent farm in Zack Snyder‘s Man of Steel? The Superman Homepage seems to think so as these construction photos were taken in Plano, Illinois. That’s more trees than the Smallvilles we’re used to seeing.

Back