Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for the hero bubble to burst. We need a break. Let something else have it's shot.

That doesn't even make sense, theres tons of crap coming every week that "has its shot" and fails. Plus, its not like comic movies are absolute, they're just getting alot of attention due to the ones that are getting done irght.

Did some big website post an article saying the bubble needs to burst on comic movies so all the hipsters come out needing to throw it around just in case it happens? :lol

I can't wait for the hero bubble to burst. We need a break. Let something else have it's shot.

Video games will be next once someone, hopefully Duncan Jones, proves they can be done well.

Then you'll see those adaptations explode just the same. Metal Gears, Halos, Legend of Zeldas, Portals, Half-Lifes, Bioshocks, Dead Spaces, Mass Effects, Grand Theft Autos, hundreds of games with franchise and multiple movie potential just sitting and waiting. Stories we loved as kids and haven't revisited since but are programmed in there.

Maybe this will remind the people of how bad superman returns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_EkvOCjc9A

People need to come back down to reality and note that original and superman returns movie has tons of crap wrong with it, but oh nah man that movie was a master piece PLEASE it was so outdated and full of camp it was ridicules at times.

So much cussing.

People hate on that film just for the sake of hating it and because most people do so.

Man next bubble will be video games you get one good video game adaptation and it will launch a whole new genre.

Video games will be next once someone, hopefully Duncan Jones, proves they can be done well.

Then you'll see those adaptations explode just the same. Metal Gears, Halos, Legend of Zeldas, Portals, Half-Lifes, Bioshocks, Dead Spaces, Mass Effects, Grand Theft Autos, hundreds of games with franchise and multiple movie potential just sitting and waiting. Stories we loved as kids and haven't revisited since but are programmed in there.

Deckard likes your idea so much he copied it a couple minutes later. :lol

I've been saying that already for years. No compitent directors yet.

I'm really surprised they've let that stop them considering the popularity of some franchises. I'm specifically thinking of the runs of RE and Blood Rayne continuing with pretty much directors that could be replaced by a cat and no one would notice.

So much cussing.

People hate on that film just for the sake of hating it and because most people do so.

Well he's right about it being boring, for a Superman movie we got what, an action scene with the Plane, and one at the very end where he was just stopping a few things from blowing up with no actual climactic fight. And then to top it off he ends up in a hospital. :lol

I'm really surprised they've let that stop them considering the popularity of some franchises.

It's a shame that a year ago Duncan Jones who did Moon was in talk to do a Portal movie for Valve that would have kicked off their cinematic universe and it was right at the time they cut a deal with Adult Swim as well so people thought a TF2 Cartoon was coming. Since then all we've gotten is a Tf2 commerical for Venture Bros and the Tf2 Saxxys aired on Adult Swim.

Well he's right about it being boring, for a Superman movie we got what, an action scene with the Plane, and one at the very end where he was just stopping a few things from blowing up with no actual climactic fight. And then to top it off he ends up in a hospital. :lol

I understand all the problems people have with it but I still love it for what it is.

As a part sequel to the old ones, it's a very weird thing to do. He's saying its a sequel to 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4 if I'm not mistaken right? It was just a mistake in the wake of so many new characters imo, to not do an original take on it. Spacey was a good Luthor, I love the opening credits and the plane sequence but it's a movie that doesn't put any desire in me to come back and can never be judged on it's own because its trying to be a Chris Reeves Superman with everything it's got. So it'll always get put up to them and because of that you end up with your lead doing an impression instead of all out acting and alot of ideas from the 70s that your stuck with 40 years later trying to make work. Like land schemes and women's lib...

I understand all the problems people have with it but I still love it for what it is.

It took the only thing I like about that movie which was the isolation and loneliness that he felt and then built upon that the a journey of self discovery and action.

Zack Snyder said he was going to bring superman down from his pedestal and that is exactly what he did. Oh superman need to save people yes go save people, what do you think he was doing trying to stop Zod so to stop fighting Zod and in between punches he should go and save people :cuckoo: and when he does save people oh he should not have killed Zod :slap Are you people for real

It took the only thing I like about that movie which was the isolation and loneliness that he felt and then built upon that the a journey of self discovery and action.

Zack Snyder said he was going to bring superman down from his pedestal and that is exactly what he did. Oh superman need to save people yes go save people, what do you think he was doing trying to stop Zod so to stop fighting Zod and in between punches he should go and save people :cuckoo: and when he does save people oh he should not have killed Zod :slap Are you people for real

Is that directed at me? :dunno

Because I love MOS and also love SR.

Is that directed at me? :dunno

Because I love MOS and also love SR.

No man not you I like superman returns and the original superman as well but that being said they are not perfect and are full of their own flaws and short commings.

This is directed at people who are not fair in their judgment of the movie in general and keep trying to compare it a movie which they were specifically trying not to recreate. Judge it on its on merits how was the story did it flow well, how was the acting did they give a good performance, stuff like that they way they make it sound that is nothing but cgi action no story.

JAWS well I don't get defensive in a personal way, just like to defend my side of the argument when I think I have valid points.

Personally I like to argue over movies, I know it's silly, but it's fun!

Most of the times it deepens my understanding of a movie or changes my mind about it completely with the help of other people's POV.

But in MoS literally nothing has made me change my mind about how I liked it.

Still think the Donner movies are great, just MoS surpassed them for me.

I hope nothing ever does... It sucks when you end up not loving a movie that you once loved.

I basically agree with everything you said about movie discussion. It is fun.. I don't know if my mind has ever been changed but I like to look at things in a different way.

MOS is still my favorite film this year........the more i think about it the better I like it

This single moment has more emotion, character, and heart then anything in MoS. So Bring it on!!!!!!

superman-in-super-agony.gif

LMFAO! :lol

Maybe this will remind the people of how bad superman returns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_EkvOCjc9A

People need to come back down to reality and note that original and superman returns movie has tons of crap wrong with it, but oh nah man that movie was a master piece PLEASE it was so outdated and full of camp it was ridicules at times.

Wow, people really pay to listen to Kevin Smith discuss Superman Returns, go figure.

Painful.

I rather read the freaks board for free.

:thwak

That doesn't even make sense, theres tons of crap coming every week that "has its shot" and fails. Plus, its not like comic movies are absolute, they're just getting alot of attention due to the ones that are getting done irght.

Did some big website post an article saying the bubble needs to burst on comic movies so all the hipsters come out needing to throw it around just in case it happens? :lol

:exactly::exactly:

Still way too many stories that need to be told, I hope these movies never go away.

Back