Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Anyone sayin supes Return was good has no tastes in movies and shouldnt talk to me.

:lol :lol :lol

Superman Returns was a good movie. So, I'll just put you on ignore now and get it over with.

Just kidding. I never even saw Superman Returns. So, we can still talk.

:D

Superman Returns took too many liberties with the superman mythos.. I want Doomsday on MOS though for the sheer purpose of seeing Supes beating down on some monstrous creature, because it has not yet been done on silver screen

Superman Returns took too many liberties with the superman mythos.. I want Doomsday on MOS though for the sheer purpose of seeing Supes beating down on some monstrous creature, because it has not yet been done on silver screen

My only problems with SR is that it was a rehash of the original. Granted, I think they wanted to reintroduce some elements of the Supes mythos to this generation, I don't think it was necessary. I mean honestly, who doesn't know that superman is from krypton ???

Hopefully, now with that all out of the way, we can get a good Supes flick.

There are so many things I wanna say about Supes Returns and the potential sequel, but it requires a lot of swearing.

How many other villains does the Man of Steel have who aren't Lex Luthor?!

And if you're gonna write a sequel, how on god's green earth are you gonna answer the "his weakness is kryptonite, but he lifted up an entire island made of the stuff and hurled it into space and then took a nap," conundrum?

Don't get me started on Superboy. That's a load of garbage.

The sequel will probably suck.

I'll stick to the upcoming Green Lantern movie. That looks like it's being handled well.

Supes has plenty of villans:

Darkseid, Brainac, Bizarro, Mr. Myxthpix (can never spell it), Toyman, Metallo, ZOD, Parasite, Mongul, Solomun Grundy

Singer has already stated in past interviews that he will bring a more powerful adversary for the next Superman movie. Let's just hope it's not Zod!

It's going to be Brainac, only possibly consideration. They could even tie in his search for krypton from S:Returns into the next film. Plus, tie in his legacy with his "son" too. It would all fit together.

Anyone sayin supes Return was good has no tastes in movies and shouldnt talk to me.

I thought it was a good movie. I enjoyed it anyways. Not that I give a darn if you think I have good tastes in movies or not. I could only be so lucky if we never talked to each other. :)

That would be nice! I hope they do some forshadowing for Darkseid as well.

I think that's too hard for live action. Leave the REALLY alien stuff to animation. In all honesty, he would probably look like The Thing from the F4 movies, and I thought he looked terrible. It's just too hard to make it look real. LOVED what they did with Darkseid on Supes Animated and Justice league.

I thought it was a good movie. I enjoyed it anyways. Not that I give a darn if you think I have good tastes in movies or not. I could only be so lucky if we never talked to each other. :)

Man, somebody needs a time out!:monkey1

Darth Caedus said:
I think that's too hard for live action. Leave the REALLY alien stuff to animation. In all honesty, he would probably look like The Thing from the F4 movies, and I thought he looked terrible. It's just too hard to make it look real. LOVED what they did with Darkseid on Supes Animated and Justice league.

Well, if the animation is anything like in Superman Returns, then anything is possible. The FF4 animation left much to be desired. But Superman does need a major villain besides Brainiac. And as far as comics go, Darkseid was his major nemesis.

It was good, but too dark in spots. Supes getting his ass kicked like he did was too much for a Superman flick. The FX were great and there were several heroic parts. But the realestate wanting Lex was already done. Bring on Darkseid!!!!

Superman should be a family type movie while Batman should be the dark material.

The superman movie franchise is dead ATM....Last movie was craptacular.In fact only good supes movies that were good was 1-2 who were made 30 years ago....:google

i agree with you Shai!!! i got bashed like a MOFO when i said this when the movie debuted.

Superman Returns is simply a poorly written story. It just is.

Now there are certainly those who don't expect much from popcorn fare, they just want to see a few cool action scenes strung together with the standard good guy defeats bad guy stuff tacked on and that's okay I suppose. Personally I need more and I don't think a logical story that makes sense is too much to expect.

The superman movie franchise is dead ATM....Last movie was craptacular.In fact only good supes movies that were good was 1-2 who were made 30 years ago....:google

amen brotha

I don't think it's necessarily poorly written. But it was a take on the character that was viable 30 years ago - not so much now.

I'd like a reboot (as should have been done before SR), but a continuation in that milieu will be okay too, as long as it isn't just a rehash.

I do think that Spidey 1 & 2, Iron Man, X-Men and X2 and even Incredible Hulk are all better films and Batman Begins is far superior to SR. That's the yardstick now and Superman is the most important superhero and must be treated with the proper respect.

Brandon Routh Faces 'Fear Itself'

By Emily Christianson, Hollywood.com Staff

HW: Is Justice League going to come out before the next Superman?
BR: Oh, I think it seems as though that's not happening, it's on the back burner right now so it's just Man of Steel now.

HW: When are you doing the next Superman? It's taking a long time.
BR: I know, they're busy writing a script and then I trust we'll be starting next year, early next year. That's my timeline anyway.

Back