Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Seriously, his flaw is that he doesn't fit in? That's the best it gets? And all the while he is such a dork without a real personality as Clark. Then he just takes of the glasses and no one realizes it's the other guy. :rotfl

He's an antiquated super hero. He is outdated and I totally predict that in the future every generation will care less and less about this character unless they actually develop him and finally let him evolve into something more than a pure cut and dry church going super hero.

Superman is a clear example of why Marvel is owning DC in almost every aspect.

so who in your opinion is the best superhero/comic character? im curious.

:lol:lol:lol

See... all these things are connected. Superman is a very family oriented super hero. He never does anything bad or says anything exciting to me. Which is very connected to kids and innocence, which is a very unrealistic trait for an adult. He is simply too pure and annoying. The whole character seems unintelligent because he never grows or changes.

I gained so much respect for Captain America when he did what he thought was right during the Civil War and turned his back on Shield and our government. That took balls. Before that I always thought he was just a simple goody two shoes. Boring. :lecture

And you call Superman boring?:google

:rotfl

Superman is an All American good guy with "straight as an arrow" moral values, all true, but that doesn't mean he is boring. I have to agree with DarklordDave and others that being an outcast in a cynical world, in effect an Adopted son who can't seem to fit in all the while devoting himself to helping others as he was destined to by his Father is a great character background to work with. He is a good guy Alien defending the human race from itself and others, nothing boring about that...

But I get your point, the problem is the Storyline that was used for SR was indeed a bit boring and a total rehash of Supes the Movie. Same plotline and characters, nothing Original about it really, except the kid which was unnecessary and distracting. The Character itself can be placed in a multitude of situations where the storyline can be very exciting. It is the Writers/Studios job to tap into that and unfortunately what we got was "Your Mommie's Superman" instead of a kick ass Super Hero.

Believe me there is plenty to work with here.

Last edited:

Well put, Pjam! I agree wholeheartedly. Superman can be a great character with the right set of writers.

I totally agree as well. Superman is a great character in the hands of a talented team. It's not just his lonely nature or his immense responsibility. It's the fact that despite that he could OWN the entire planet and nothing could ever stop him... he chooses to be who he is and to give every breath in his body to defend the planet.

Superman just needs a good writer to make him interesting on film again... Which I think that this time they will concentrate harder to do just that.

I'll give any film Superman a chance as long as they don't try to give us this ^^^^ again.

tim-burton-superman.jpg

Thank god that never happened.

I like superman not my fav but he is cool....most people dont like kent and why should you? he acts odd because he sees humans as weak and unsure of them self but he is not realy kent he is kalel aka superman and thats when he can be himself...... a real bad guy would be a big help to the movies and lex just needs to die!!!.....

I totally agree as well. Superman is a great character in the hands of a talented team. It's not just his lonely nature or his immense responsibility. It's the fact that despite that he could OWN the entire planet and nothing could ever stop him... he chooses to be who he is and to give every breath in his body to defend the planet.

Superman just needs a good writer to make him interesting on film again... Which I think that this time they will concentrate harder to do just that.

Yea, I pretty much agree with that. While supes doesn't have the darker edge that batman has, I think that given the right circumstances and writers, the moral and inner personal conflicts that supes has can be put on screen. While he's an "alien" to the world, that's just an allegory for immigrants and people who don't "fit" in (which is what the creators invisioned when they created him in the 30s).

I just think that it needs the write creative team to put it to good use. While I thought singer did an okay job, he was just rehashing the '77 film. someone needs to change, evolve, and mold the new supes movie to reflect the real world.

Back