Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

OK I just watched a new TV spot and it played a fuller more orchestral sounding version of Flight and I like how that sounds. It seems to fit.

One thing that I've always wondered about Superman:the movie. When they're flying together, and the only thing connecting them is Superman's hand, how is it that gravity isn't dragging Margo Kidder down? Shouldn't she be dangling from Superman's hand, rather than flying parallel to it, or does he emit some sort of aura that surrounds her. That's the only way I can explain the scenario without it involving her screaming about a dislocated shoulder.

One thing that I've always wondered about Superman:the movie. When they're flying together, and the only thing connecting them is Superman's hand, how is it that gravity isn't dragging Margo Kidder down? Shouldn't she be dangling from Superman's hand, rather than flying parallel to it, or does he emit some sort of aura that surrounds her. That's the only way I can explain the scenario without it involving her screaming about a dislocated shoulder.

He reverses time by spinning the Earth backwards, and this is the one thing you've always wondered about?

I don't care about the comics. I don't really care about Superman. I only like the Donner movies. And i'm a big Zack Snyder fan.

Those are the only things I have to bring into this movie. And I will judge it on it's merits as a film. Er...Summer blockbuster.

I don't care about the comics. I don't really care about Superman. I only like the Donner movies. And i'm a big Zack Snyder fan.

Those are the only things I have to bring into this movie. And I will judge it on it's merits as a film. Er...Summer blockbuster.

Based on that..... you might end up being disapointed.

Celtic do you like any superhero or do you just like the director that's making the superhero movie?

I love all the Marvel movies. But the comics aren't a factor in my enjoyment. They've so far told good stories (some more or less) and have gave me some pretty fun action, and comedy.

The only reason I would be interested in any other comic book movie outside of Marvel would be the director. Yes. That's what I care about the most.

I have no problem with the genre. I just couldn't care less about the source.

I like Deadpool. The only comic series I read. But that's because he doesn't take himself seriously. Which is perfect for me. Because some of this comic stuff is just strange.

The older superman movies have so many leaps in logic, errors and inconsistencies that its amazing superman 1 and 2 are well received by critics. The stupidest thing about the spinning of the earth backwards is it should have erased everything that happened in the both superman 1 and the donner cut of superman 2. Bryan singers movie is supposed to follow the events of RD's superman 2 but somehow Lois is still pregnant even though superman undid everything that happened in that film. His sperm should have reversed out like perry whites tooth paste goes back in the tube. They kept and chose whatever the **** they wanted to persist through the time reversal. If you think about anything while watching those movies they turn into dog ****, best to suspend all belief and just enjoy.

I wonder how critics would have reviewed the older superman movie had it been released today with a slightly updated sheen but all the plot wholes, issues and inconsistencies. Would the same critics that are blasting man of steel now for deviating from the older films rate it high and would their opinion of man of steel change as well

I love all the Marvel movies. But the comics aren't a factor in my enjoyment. They've so far told good stories (some more or less) and have gave me some pretty fun action, and comedy.

The only reason I would be interested in any other comic book movie outside of Marvel would be the director. Yes. That's what I care about the most.

I have no problem with the genre. I just couldn't care less about the source.

I like Deadpool. The only comic series I read. But that's because he doesn't take himself seriously. Which is perfect for me. Because some of this comic stuff is just strange.

Fair enough:duff

People back then weren't so uptight and prissy about movies. They didn't need to feel smart by pointing out how implausible the character of Superman is. They went with it. They believed a man could fly, and goddamnit, it worked for them.

I haven't seen MoS yet, will go tomorrow evening. I'd like to say I'm open minded about this film, but Superman is one of my very favorite things from childhood so the truth is it has a very high bar to reach.

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't agree, therefore, any differing opinion is wrong.

All hail Tomatoes.

Back