Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Just because there is Humor I would not call it action/Comedy.

That is like saying because I laughed a lot while watching Raiders of the Lost Ark then that makes it an action Comedy.

I think of MIB as an Action comedy or even Bad Boys where the Humor is front and center and then there is some action.

Marvel films are action first... humor second. Sort of like the comics themselves.

That's true for most Marvel films, but certainly not true for IM3. Large part of the reason I felt it was poor.

I would not call the Marvel movies fluff. They do not deal in the weighty tones, that the Nolan Batman films do, but that doesn't make them worse. Nolan was trying to accomplish something entirely different than what the Marvel films were going for. both were successful in those aims. Avengers was far more fun than any of the Batman films. But the Batman films lend themselves better to debates and philosophical discussions.

My take, life can't be all fun and games, but it shouldn't be all work and seriousness either. Each has a place on my shlef.

Agreed
But I like serious more :D

I was actually expecting 80-90. :slap

This is why IMDB > RT.
Fan/general audience opinions > critics as a marker for how good a movie is.

In the end of course your personal opinion > all.

This is why IMDB > RT.
Fan/general audience opinions > critics as a marker for how good a movie is.

In the end of course your personal opinion > all.

IMDB is at a Metascore of 56/100. Looks pretty much like RT, a mixed bag.

Forget MOS, you guys should see the Russian stripper video Nam introduced me to. :panic:

I've never seen anything quite like it, even my wife said WOW. :lol

I hate Superman. The character bores me to tears. He has very little depth from what I've seen. He's an invincible goodie two shoes boyscout who's one weakness is a rare rock from a destroyed planet from another galaxy.... Uh, but every villain manages to find some? Wait... What?

I like the George Reeves show. Campy, silly action stories fit this character. I am not familiar with the comics so if he has more depth than how I described him, I'm hoping this movie shows it. From the two trailers I saw, it looked decent at least.

Who cares what critics think? They hate some of my favorite movies and I hate some of the most critically acclaimed movies. Why would anyone put stock in their opinions?

I hate Superman. The character bores me to tears. He has very little depth from what I've seen. He's an invincible goodie two shoes boyscout who's one weakness is a rare rock from a destroyed planet from another galaxy.... Uh, but every villain manages to find some? Wait... What?

I like the George Reeves show. Campy, silly action stories fit this character. I am not familiar with the comics so if he has more depth than how I described him, I'm hoping this movie shows it. From the two trailers I saw, it looked decent at least.

Who cares what critics think? They hate some of my favorite movies and I hate some of the most critically acclaimed movies. Why would anyone put stock in their opinions?

Exactly. Or put stock in anyone's opinion who has my little pony as an avatar.

IMDB is at a Metascore of 56/100. Looks pretty much like RT, a mixed bag.

Metascore is separate from IMDB. That's another critic rating aggregator that IMDB has a partnership with so it shows the metacritic rating.

I'm talking about the IMDB rating which hasn't gone live yet

Metacritic though it's far better than RT in my book because they actually average the critic ratings. For example if a critic gives the movie a 10 or a 7, both count the same for RT as 'positive' but at metacritic the actual score is taken into consideration.

I hate Superman. The character bores me to tears.

I think "My Little Pony" is stupid and grown ups who like it scare me. We have acheived balance.

He has very little depth from what I've seen. He's an invincible goodie two shoes boyscout

That's the point. He actually strives to do right. Even if Clark Kent had no powers he would have been a hero, perhaps a cop or fireman. He was raised to look out for other people.

Captain America is much the same. A decent person who's not cynical and tells the truth, and has the power to make a difference.

Contrast that with a sea of comic "heroes" with guns and don't-give-a-***** attitudes. I think The Punisher is entertaining but he's not a hero.

I called Walmart just now to see if they had any of the advance screening tickets available, for 7PM tonight, they told me they have lots left over. When I ask how much they were, she said they were $5.00 each. Is this true or did she not know what she was saying? Anyone buy their tickets at Walmart?

I called Walmart just now to see if they had any of the advance screening tickets available, for 7PM tonight, they told me they have lots left over. When I ask how much they were, she said they were $5.00 each. Is this true or did she not know what she was saying? Anyone buy their tickets at Walmart?

She didn't know what she was talking about!!!:cuckoo:

Maybe she had five tickets left and her brain processed it in terms of dollars

It's true. We got our 3D tickets(by mistake) for $10 a piece.

I ONLY WANT TO READ REVIEWS THAT ARE POSITIVE DESPITE NOT HAVING SEEN THE MOVIE! *stomp fists, throw a fit*

Critic's reviews don't mean ka ka to me. It's the hipster cool thing to do right now to pile on the hate for MOS.

The fact that some reviewers are saying that it has too much action and destruction tells you how absolutely ridiculous some of these "fans" are.

Stick to Singer's no action/Routh lovefest, and dated 70's Superman, problem solved.

MOS for the 21st century.

Back