Man, I just got ripped off on eBay, big time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive been trading on ebay for a good while now with many happy customers but i have also dealt with people like this

Usually ebay will retract the feedback from you and them if they descide that the dispute was to go in your favour

Also, i have bought things in the past that happened to be "fakes" and paypal have always sided with me

i really think you should claim through paypal and go as into detail as possible in your claim

hope this helps

Wow this is very sad. But like the others said always make sure you ask the seller all your questions before bidding. its like a golden rule. But all hope is not lost, you still can resolve the promblem filing a claim with paypal. Lord knows I'd do it if I were you. I feel your pain.:monkey2

Getting a retaliatory negative would suck, but in this case its worth it to warn other buyers.

I'm in total agreement. Sometimes you have to eat the negative for the good of the community. My 1st retalitory negative was a tough pill to swallow but I don't regret it. I currently have a 99.6% feedback rating with over 450 transations.

If everybody is out to protect their own feedback, the feedback system will be that much less effective. While having 100% feedback is nice, respectable buyers and sellers will look at your overall transaction volume and feedback comments and see/appreciate that you took one for the team.

I do not understand : if you have made no mistake, why neg feedback?
Is there a meaning to take something you do not deserve?

100 % should remain 100 % as 99,9 % is not 100 %
It just isn't fair

amarcord said:
I do not understand : if you have made no mistake, why neg feedback?
Is there a meaning to take something you do not deserve?

100 % should remain 100 % as 99,9 % is not 100 %
It just isn't fair

i agree... ebay's feedback system is flawed... one should not be scared to post a negative feedback when a negative transaction has occurred. i am tempted to start a new vigilante ebay account! bid on the dude's next item and leave a negative to make up for this one that you do not want to leave... really put a spotlight on the system's flaws.

WetaWork said:
I'm in total agreement. Sometimes you have to eat the negative for the good of the community. My 1st retalitory negative was a tough pill to swallow but I don't regret it. I currently have a 99.6% feedback rating with over 450 transations.

If everybody is out to protect their own feedback, the feedback system will be that much less effective. While having 100% feedback is nice, respectable buyers and sellers will look at your overall transaction volume and feedback comments and see/appreciate that you took one for the team.

You can also follow up to a negative feedback mark and explain it was retaliatory. But first, get your money back.

Okay, so I am preparing my claim with Paypal right now.

As the saying goes, the proof is in the pictures...

What was used on the auction (including gallery):
c328_1.jpg

c328_2.jpg

What I received:
received_01.jpg

received_02.jpg

I'd say that's pretty cut-and-dried.

I'll let you all know what happens. Thanks for the advice and input!

Carl

Here is what I filed...

Auction item was listed as "STAR WARS Darth Vader Statue - NO CAPE or SWORD!" with the following description:

"NO CAPE or SWORD!

This is a very cool STAR WARS Darth Vader statue. It is not in the original box / and was on display for quite some time, and so It was a bit dusty, although I’ve cleaned it up... Don't miss out on this statue for your collection. It's a beauty!!! Thank-You!"

Despite the arguably vague nature of the description, the following images were used for both the auction itself and its Gallery photo on eBay:

c328_1.JPG

c328_2.JPG

This item listing (with the pics) was clearly designed to represent a 24" Darth Vader Premium Format statue from Sideshow Collectibles, which can be found on the following page on Sideshow's website: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=7117

What I thought I was bidding on (based on the pics and description of the item used) and expected to receive was this Sideshow Collectibles statue without the cape and sword as described.

However, the item I actually received was a worn and damaged 12" plastic action figure of Darth Vader, which is obviously NOT the same prouct and is worth significantly less than even the final bid of the auction. Also included was a generic wooden display stand that was also obviously not the same as represented in the photo of the Sideshow statue.

Here are photos of what was received:

received_01.jpg

received_02.jpg

Thank you for your attention and fair resolution to this matter.

Carl

Right now, it is technically a "dispute" within Paypal. This gives the Seller a chance to explain himself. Then, unless he offers to refund my money I will just file a full CLAIM for a refund through Paypal myself.

I'll keep everyone posted.

I don't know why, but looking at the Vader standing on that wooden stand really made me laugh out loud.

As much as some of may pic at SS from time to time, at least their Proto to Production drop off isn't THAT bad :lol :lol

KitFisto said:
I don't know why, but looking at the Vader standing on that wooden stand really made me laugh out loud.

As much as some of may pic at SS from time to time, at least their Proto to Production drop off isn't THAT bad :lol :lol

was thinking the very same thing lol:rotfl :lol

Gotta love what this joker used in his past auctions:

"Thank you for looking / please bid with confidence! I wont let you down. I'm attemping to become a serious EBay seller. I'm trying to build my feedback score and won't do ANYTHING to upset your decision to shop with me."

Notice he didn't put that in the Vader auction?

I really hope everything works out for you IrishJedi because it's idiots like this that are ruining eBay.

Darth Waller said:
Gotta love what this joker used in his past auctions:

"Thank you for looking / please bid with confidence! I wont let you down. I'm attemping to become a serious EBay seller. I'm trying to build my feedback score and won't do ANYTHING to upset your decision to shop with me."

Notice he didn't put that in the Vader auction?

I really hope everything works out for you IrishJedi because it's idiots like this that are ruining eBay.

Interesting.

I know it sucks to get ripped on ebay, believe me, but yeah...a little bit of snot flew out I laughed so hard at the picture with the wooden base...I hope things work out! My experience has been that paypal is slow, but eventually things have worked out.

ps. U gonna flip that Vader with vintage stand?

You guys are being unfair. If that Vader had his cape and saber, it would look just like the PF.

Ebay could really use some feedback moderation. I saw a clip of Judge Judy last week where this ebay scammer went on there and advertised two cell phones for $400 and sent her a PICTURE of the two phones instead.
JJ ripped her a new one and found for the plaintiffs for $2000.

Ryanfromindiana said:
ps. U gonna flip that Vader with vintage stand?

I might flip it off!

Actually, I'm not sure. It is rather cute and charming, in its own frightening way. ;)

Back