Man, I just got ripped off on eBay, big time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the latest...

I responded to his "Unpaid Item" claim on eBay with the following:

The item that was sent was not the item that I bid on or paid for, as you have admitted. The photos used in the auction were NOT of the same product. This is why my claim was settled through PayPal and I received a PARTIAL refund that was not the full amount I paid for the item, plus shipping. I would be more than willing to ship the item back to you if I receive the additional amount of the total I paid (including shipping) plus return shipping to you.

So, I don't want the item (as it was not what I thought I was bidding on or paid for) and will send it back, but I don't feel I should eat any of the costs. I am willing to work with you if you refund the difference and pay for return shipping.

Thanks.

And this a-hole just replied with:

Nope...I dont believe that to be the case at all...Youve already been refunded, (partial, or not, youve accepted!)And so, now, i'll fight to have my item returned if your not willing!

Uh... am I just being blindly loyal to my own cause here, of this guy just completely bold?? So, he sends me the WRONG item (which was obviously a fraudulent listing ment to deceive), I make a claim and get a PARTIAL refund (still out $17+ bucks, including shipping) and this guy thinks that he has a right to demand I ship it back on MY dime and without giving me the remainder of the refund?? Am I reading this right?!?!?! So I will be out $25 or so (with absolutely nothing to show for it, except probably a Negative feedback) and this jackhole gets away scott-free??

I know some of you suggested I just ship it back and end the drama, but I'm sorry... I can't do that. The Irish in me will not allow this ****eheel to get away with it.

:mad:

IrishJedi said:
Here's the latest...

I responded to his "Unpaid Item" claim on eBay with the following:

And this a-hole just replied with:

Uh... am I just being blindly loyal to my own cause here, of this guy just completely bold?? So, he sends me the WRONG item (which was obviously a fraudulent listing ment to deceive), I make a claim and get a PARTIAL refund (still out $17+ bucks, including shipping) and this guy thinks that he has a right to demand I ship it back on MY dime and without giving me the remainder of the refund?? Am I reading this right?!?!?! So I will be out $25 or so (with absolutely nothing to show for it, except probably a Negative feedback) and this jackhole gets away scott-free??

I know some of you suggested I just ship it back and end the drama, but I'm sorry... I can't do that. The Irish in me will not allow this ****eheel to get away with it.

:mad:
Fight it till the end Irish, I am pretty sure you have a strong case. If he didn't give you a full refund you have no obligation to him anymore. I, like I said before am currently going through this and I have to pay return shipping but at least I am getting a full refund. Good luck:)

What an Idiot! He ADMITTED that he posted pics of what he THOUGHT was the item, he was clearly in the WRONG! His auction was FRAUDULENT to begin with, and with him KNOWING that.

I don't think that you should be out $25,but let's say that you DO decide to ship it back to him, this dude is not to be trusted. Make sure that you get Signature or delievery confirmation , cause you KNOW that he'll insist that he never got it. Of course that's going to cost you some more money, but it might be worth the peace of mind.

Irish, fight this pendejo as he is trying to be chingon toward you with that reply.

Or you could just smash up the figure into pieces and mail it off to him. Case closed.

Boba Fett said:
Irish, fight this pendejo as he is trying to be chingon toward you with that reply.

Or you could just smash up the figure into pieces and mail it off to him. Case closed.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
mojados-1.jpg

Boba Fett said:

I was about to suggest this.. Smash it w/ a hammer and stick it in an envelope.. Done.. Then ignore his dumb ass..

Let ebay decide it I wouldn't give in. He can't do crap to you at this point. He can't prove the unpaid item claim and even if he can wouldn't they wonder why he shipped it?

mfoga said:
Let ebay decide it I wouldn't give in. He can't do crap to you at this point. He can't prove the unpaid item claim and even if he can wouldn't they wonder why he shipped it?

Thats right. Stick to yer guns Irish. This guy is a chump.

Yes, don't let him get under your skin.. He has no power other than to try and be a pest..

Every now and then you run into these types of people.. I unfortunately had one as an employee for 6 months before I fired her ass.. She made my life miserable for that time span w/ her constant cheating and lies.. Big fat red head that was a waste of 350 pounds of flesh..

These people are powerless w/ thier lies unless you let them get to you.. Pretty much so everyone knows they are full of ****..

Like I mentioned earlier. I would put him on ignore mode.. But not before I smashed the little toy and sent it back to him in a cheap envelope..

My .02 on your situation..

I would send it back intact. I would first smear it with a generous supply of fresh doggy doo and put it in a large ziplock to seal in freshness. Ship media mail and wait for the fun!

Just post his username here Irish and everyone on board with an ebay acct can email him and ask him why he sucks. Sooner or later he'll surrender his account to get away from it all.
Better yet we can lead him on thinking we're going to buy then say April fools!!

Ebay can be a wretched hive of scum and villany.....please tell me that you were kidding about receiving death threats?

Nope,it's true... this was a "gentleman" from Florida. He even got my phone# and called me. He was ripping collectors off left & right and changing ebay screen names more than his underwear. There was a whole thread dedicated to this guy on one of the old Captain Action boards back in the day, the guy found that board & went beserk on it threatening everybody on there too and spamming the place up.

it was insane.

die said:
Nope,it's true... this was a "gentleman" from Florida. He even got my phone# and called me. He was ripping collectors off left & right and changing ebay screen names more than his underwear. There was a whole thread dedicated to this guy on one of the old Captain Action boards back in the day, the guy found that board & went beserk on it threatening everybody on there too and spamming the place up.

it was insane.
That is just crazy. What is this world coming to.

I'm sure you've been given this advice but hold onto every e-mail correspondance you have with this guy, even your own!You can use that against him.

My mom owns rental property and once rented to a person who sold stuff on ebay for a job. Well lets just say it wasnt pretty when they moved out.

Bardoon said:
I'm sure you've been given this advice but hold onto every e-mail correspondance you have with this guy, even your own!You can use that against him.

Good advice, Bardoon. But I should be covered since all of my correspondence with him has been through eBay, Paypal and SquareTrade so far.

Irish - The guy wants you to to ship the item back to him, which means you lose out on shipping costs x2 + the rest of the partial refund?

Sounds to me like you've found one of the many psychos of ebay.

You've done your part, you are actually trying to work with the seller in a fair manner. You deserve a full refund on this deal. The figure was totally misrepresented & you still have not received a full refund.

I still haven't received full payback on an item I purchased over 2 years ago & never received from the seller. Paypal refunded a partial payment because the guy didn't have enough in his available Paypal funds. So the guy just ditched his PP account and vanished. When I log into PP it still says I have an "unsettled dispute":rotfl

To me, that is screwed up.

Hi,
had similar problems, and I just repackage goods in original packaging and take it to post office and just say that this item isn't mine and just send it back to sender at no cost, takes some balls, but I just walk out and leave it with the post office, no charge to me. Also use a credit card, even with paypal, and if I encounter any problems, the credit card companys refund the money no questions asked, and then its up to paypal to sort it out with the crooked seller!, the credit card companys are very understanding, and of course all items bought with a credit card are guaranteed by the credit card company.

spark.nz said:
Hi,
had similar problems, and I just repackage goods in original packaging and take it to post office and just say that this item isn't mine and just send it back to sender at no cost, takes some balls, but I just walk out and leave it with the post office, no charge to me. Also use a credit card, even with paypal, and if I encounter any problems, the credit card companys refund the money no questions asked, and then its up to paypal to sort it out with the crooked seller!, the credit card companys are very understanding, and of course all items bought with a credit card are guaranteed by the credit card company.

Unfortunately it's not quite as simple as that. Just had a guy ship me a badly damaged excl. iron man statue. It was supposed to be in mint condition, but there were about 10-15 large paint chips missing from various parts of the statue, and none of them were in the packing box or materials. An obvious case of fraud, but according to Paypal he did ship me the item, therefore they denied my claim. This didn't surprise me as I've dealt with Paypal before and they are a joke.
My only saving grace was that he did not state in his ad a "no refund policy". Had he said 'no refund" or "all sales final" in his ad, my credit card company [mastercard] told me they would not re-imburse my money, that it would be a case of buyer beware. Also, in order for mastercard to process my claim, they required I ship the statue back to the scumbag [which I did, and I'm now out $33] and provide them with a copy of the shipping receipt.

Here are 3 valuable pointers:
1]. Be aware, ahead of time, of your credit card companies internet fraud policies, as they do vary .
2]. When using Paypal, always make the payment via your credit card...never use money sitting in your Paypal acct. or your bank acct.
3]. Never buy anything online [Ebay, etc...] where the seller clearly states no refund.

Last edited:
Back