Statue Mamegyorai---1/3 scale ALIEN Quadrilogy Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..."friggin contact lense!"

LOLS :lol

Just kidding, I know the scene this is from in the movie. Kinda wish the pose would be a few moments later where it sort of has its arms extended out to the sides and forward a bit, where he is slowly closing in on Lambert. That way you can see its entire face and body better. Still looks good so far though!

You mean like this? - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...e-model-coming-soon-sculpted-bill-wieger.html

(* build by GMcKellar on "The Clubhouse" *)

DSC_0984_3.jpg

LOLS :lol

You mean like this? - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...e-model-coming-soon-sculpted-bill-wieger.html

(* build by GMcKellar on "The Clubhouse" *)

DSC_0984_3.jpg

Actually, I was thinking about the scene where Lambert gets attacked while gathering oxygen tanks. It appears this statue is from that scene where they show the alien first standing up after it comes up from behind her. I think it would be better if it was from the same scene, but a few moments later when the alien has finished standing up and opens his arms up (almost like he is going to hug her sort of) and slowly, menacingly approaches Lambert. Very creepy scene.

Is the statue you posted (the one sculpted by Bill Wieger) from the scene where the alien gets Dallas in the vent? Kind of looks like it, except the aliens arms are opened up too wide. Not really sure what scene that was supposed to be from, unless it was just artistic license by the artist.

Actually, I was thinking about the scene where Lambert gets attacked while gathering oxygen tanks. It appears this statue is from that scene where they show the alien first standing up after it comes up from behind her. I think it would be better if it was from the same scene, but a few moments later when the alien has finished standing up and opens his arms up (almost like he is going to hug her sort of) and slowly, menacingly approaches Lambert. Very creepy scene.

Is the statue you posted (the one sculpted by Bill Wieger) from the scene where the alien gets Dallas in the vent? Kind of looks like it, except the aliens arms are opened up too wide. Not really sure what scene that was supposed to be from, unless it was just artistic license by the artist.

Might well be - I'm not an expert on Alien stuff - just thought that might be the pose you were looking for.

Might well be - I'm not an expert on Alien stuff - just thought that might be the pose you were looking for.

If you go to this youtube clip of the scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbcLIXhyxA, the pose I was thinking about starts at about 1:20. You can only see the alien from the waist up in that part of the video, but you can get the idea of what I was referring to regarding the pose.

Actually, here is a crappy still from that scene:
bighead2.jpg

I remember the scene - just not the particular poses (until your links/photo brought it back). That's the same scene where the wee beastie was doing that crab-walk as he approached Lambert (thank-goodness THAT bit didn't make the final cut).

THIS sculpt is really well done - it may be the first one I've seen that is so closely based on the suit rather than "tidied up".

Yeah, that crab-walking bit was just odd. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

I see a lot of people unhappy with the pose on the CP Big Chap, but that one is the way it is for a good reason (based on the suit in the museum). In general, I think it is a bit hard to come up with a good 'movement' pose for him because unlike Aliens, the original Alien doesn't move quickly on screen much at all, and really doesn't offer up much in the way of action type poses. It has much more subtle, slow, subdued creepy movements most of the time.

I think Cinemaquette captured one of the few scenes in which the Alien moves quickly at all with that spin around in the corridor. Perhaps the tail on their maquette didn't need to be in super spin mode, but I rather liked what they did with the piece overall. The pose on the one in this thread is ok I suppose (not great really imo), but I agree that it hides too much of the details on the body and head/face. The sculpt is very well done though as you said.

So there's this, the CoolProps, and the Prime 1? Good time to be an Alien fan.

But why do they all have to be 1/3 statues?

The pricing is such a barrier. Is it a license thing? Are 1/4 rights exclusive to Sideshow? Why isn't anyone making scaled busts? Just unusual to have so many versions in the same scale and medium.

No way I'm popping like 2k for that pose, it's a joke and the alien looks like he's bent over laughing about it

SOMEBODY PINCH ME!

It's been a good year for ALIEN collectors and it just got a whole lot better!!
Was amazed to see this piece, 1/3 scale as well!

The Sideshow Big Chap was 1/4 scale and that was 71cm tall, makes you wonder how big this will be?
The stoop will reduce height of course but it's going to be a seriously big piece.

Did anyone get the lifesize licence?
ALIEN

That pose is one of the classics. I still have my Marmit statue:

marmit2.jpg

But this new one blows it away. It just will piss me off to no end if they screw up the dome like every other mass produced one I've seen.

Thanks for the additional images darkmummy!

Were these taken at the Tokyo Comic-con?

Thanks

From the images it's difficult to believe it's 1/3 scale, need someone standing next to it.

The detail is incredible, even has the bends and creases of the latex suit.

If this does come up for sale, does this company have Western distributors or would it need to be ordered directly from Japan?

No way I'm popping like 2k for that pose, it's a joke and the alien looks like he's bent over laughing about it

Was thinking the same thing.

He looks like he's about to receive a special gift.

That, or he's in the middle of sitting down to take a crap. Like, right after he pulled his pants down, he's lining up his ass for the toilet.

Back