Maleficent starring Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between Once Upon a Time and the recent Huntsman borefest movie, I'm all Snow Whited out.

And I hope someone gave Angelina a few sandwiches.

s640x480

The 37-year-old actress takes on the title character sporting the famous horns, along with yellowed eyes and red lipstick.

The movie is “the untold story of Disney’s most beloved villain, Maleficent, from the 1959 classic Sleeping Beauty. The film reveals the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora (Elle Fanning).”

Maleficent, which Angelina is executive producing, co-stars Juno Temple, Miranda Richardson (The Hours), Lesley Manville (Secrets & Lies), Sam Riley (On the Road), and Imelda Staunton (Vera Drake). It’s slated to be released March 14.​

If anyone else but Jolie were involved with this, I'd be very interested. However I reached my Jolie-tolerance level several years ago and its been over the limit ever since.

Very sad, since Maleficent is probably my favorite Disney villain.

The woman makes one or two movies a year now for quite a few years. She is hardly overexposed. I'm looking forward to this and it's two years away.

The woman makes one or two movies a year now for quite a few years. She is hardly overexposed. I'm looking forward to this and it's two years away.

I guess she is so annoying it takes one movie every couple of years to annoy everyone, plus she's always in the magazines and stuffs

...Are you deadly serious? Everywhere one looks, she's looking back at you. She's sticking her toothpick leg out awardly through slits in her evening gown on the red carpet and being mocked for it for weeks afterward. She's fighting with Pitt over whether or not to get married, and then when she graces him with a "yes" its still more fighting. She's a homewrecker to begin with.

She's directing movies and acting as an honorary UN ambassador [?] on nothing but the strength of her looks. She's *pretty,* so lets let her direct. She's pretty, so automatically her views on foreign policy MATTER :yess: I was so thrilled when her movie BOMBED. She's here, there and everywhere with her ill-behaved rugrat horde as if she is some Domestic Goddess.

And last but not least, she accepted the role of Fox in the movie version of "Wanted." Now I will grant you, Wanted was already gutted, bombed out and completely stripped of its majesty long before the script was ever completed. Morgan Freeman as Professor Seltzer?!!!! Really *splutters with laughter*. But still.... hate.

OVER. RATED. Ugh.

Sounds like you spend too much time watchin E and reading the National Enquirer. :D

You could say that about every actress who looks somewhat attractive. It is not their fault that there is an insatiable appetite for photographs of them in public. If we did not have the numbers of people who like to read the lowest form of journalism people in general would not be "overexposed". I think you will find that is why she is moving her family to Europe.

...Are you deadly serious? Everywhere one looks, she's looking back at you. She's sticking her toothpick leg out awardly through slits in her evening gown on the red carpet and being mocked for it for weeks afterward. She's fighting with Pitt over whether or not to get married, and then when she graces him with a "yes" its still more fighting. She's a homewrecker to begin with.

She's directing movies and acting as an honorary UN ambassador [?] on nothing but the strength of her looks. She's *pretty,* so lets let her direct. She's pretty, so automatically her views on foreign policy MATTER :yess: I was so thrilled when her movie BOMBED. She's here, there and everywhere with her ill-behaved rugrat horde as if she is some Domestic Goddess.

And last but not least, she accepted the role of Fox in the movie version of "Wanted." Now I will grant you, Wanted was already gutted, bombed out and completely stripped of its majesty long before the script was ever completed. Morgan Freeman as Professor Seltzer?!!!! Really *splutters with laughter*. But still.... hate.

OVER. RATED. Ugh.

She's directing movies and acting as an honorary UN ambassador [?] on nothing but the strength of her looks.
Yeah, but someone in that position doesn't need to have a nuanced understanding of international affairs. They just need to support an existing UN cause (usually some humanitarian issue such as addressing hunger, disease, or unequal treatment), understand the ins and outs of it narrowly, then go around promoting change on that issue. World famous celebrities are well suited to that sort of thing, because most people who could potentially help out with those issues are gonna be ones familiar with and interested in celebrities.

I absolutely LOVE Angelina Jolie! I think she is one of the more interesting hollywood types that puts her money where her mouth is. So what if she is overexposed??! it's that exposure that gives her the means to do all the good she can. I find it strange to hate someone if you have never spoken to them.

OVER. RATED. Ugh.

Damn girl! Put down the haterade :lol

I absolutely LOVE Angelina Jolie! I think she is one of the more interesting hollywood types that puts her money where her mouth is. So what if she is overexposed??! it's that exposure that gives her the means to do all the good she can. I find it strange to hate someone if you have never spoken to them.

:goodpost:

I love Angie and love most of her films. Looking forward to this for the story and the actor.

Angelina Jolie is a lot more than a pretty face. She has achieved her stardom by being able to present a type of beauty that is striking because of how strikingly rare it is. She projects poise and class on levels that most will never witness in their own lifetimes, and definitely not at the level of intimacy that she brings it at. She makes me think of Monroe in that regard. She has fabricated a persona that embodies values much larger than everday life.

Who gives a crap what leeches like the People magazine writers want their mentally larval readers to think about her? Do you think people who only knew Monroe from cheap nudie shots had a grasp of her talent for projecting a higher type of woman? Did they negate her achievements by seeing her as something less? Nope.

Like Monroe, Jolie would still be everything she is as a star if the celebrity rags didn't exist; she'd just be less accessible to people who were numb to her charm to begin with. I'm sure there's an important different between those who miss it due to objections to her alleged political hypocrisy, and those who miss it due to their own low brow. I don't know what it is, but I'll give credit where it's due (if it's due; it's entirely possible that there is no difference).

Some set photos, the outfit is one of many apparently. Also Jolie DOES have prosthetics on her cheeks.

0036tbrt

0036w36d

003728ag

00370f93

I'm really digging the design. I just hope there's more to the storytelling than there was with Snow White & The Huntsman. (Gorgeous to look at, but it felt like four different screenplays stitched sloppily together.)

Also: Maleficent is from Sleeping Beauty, by the way.

Sounds like you spend too much time watchin E and reading the National Enquirer. :D

I do neither; for instance we don't even get E! tv. All one need do to be overexposed to The Queen Of Everything is, be standing in line at the grocery-store. One cannot help but see this thing all over every magazine, all day every day.

someone else: She has fabricated a persona that embodies values much larger than everday life.

I agree; as a home- and marriage-wrecker, she's certainly got larger than life skillz. That much we can all agree on :snake

Oh well, thankfully it isnt my problem; I am not forced to watch this film, much as I was not forced to watch KStew staring slackjawed the whole way through "Snow White." And for that I give thanks. :nana:

Back