Making your HT Pred 1 Perfect!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well this is thing that bothers me is that i had to cancel my card because it was frauded. so today i received my new CC and the package. im wondering, do i activate the card and there will be the balance of the predator on my account? but on my online account it says nothing, i ahve full available credit( new card). im confused, what is the normal procedure if u canceled something but recieved it anyhow.

Here's the best pics to show the Elder Pred's armor color:

predator_2_disc2-76.jpg

predator_2_disc2-77.jpg

Now here's a funny shot of Borg in the same light:
predator_2_disc2-75.jpg

Elder Pred is 3rd From your Left.
predlosthunters5ro.jpg

You can also see Borg second from your right. Their armor is almost the same in color: Black with blue highlights. It's not brown/copper like P2. And it's definitely not silver or camo like P1.

ELDER PRED CANNON MOD

Just finished this it was modded for a forum member, originally the cannons tracking lights were wired from the shoulder assembly, but this left rtrailing wires, wasnt happy with that, so with some headaches i came up with this, the power is housed within the cannons body, light comes via a HE red l.e.d, and fibre optics, im not entirely sure if this is accuarte to the movie, but it was requested...
DSCF1311.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

DSCF1313.jpg

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37474

This is exactly the same mod I was talking about except on the Elder Pred's cannon the sight was placed on top like the pic Furious1 posted:

CIMG1599.jpg

Wow, now I can really say the Devil made me do it. Those are some great pics.

Don't know why I didn't reference that costumes shot to see what the Elder's armor color was. Blue/black armor. That will be easy. The surface texture looks a lot smoother than P1's.

I sure wish hurrican had taken some WIP pics of the cannon mod. I think I have an extra AVP cannon I can take the site from to use on the Elder's cannon.

Question: why does the cannon have its own targetting light, if all the bio masks do already?

I think because the Elder doesn't wear a Bio. So it's on his cannon. I know I know.. doesn't make sense: Because the cannon is supposed to FOLLOW the target sight FROM the Bio.

I'm just saying that's why the Elder has one on his cannon. Every other lost Pred without a Bio doesn't have a plasma cannon UP. They're folded down on the back and unused (like P2's cannon folds down).

SilentSurfer Question: why does the cannon have its own targetting light said:
Good question...:confused: I assume maybe its because the elder didnt have a mask at all. I mean in that shot in the film they all appeared with masks on except for him right??

I think because the Elder doesn't wear a Bio. So it's on his cannon. I know I know.. doesn't make sense: Because the cannon is supposed to FOLLOW the target sight FROM the Bio. :lol

I'm just saying that's why the Elder has one on his cannon. Every other lost Pred without a Bio doesn't have a plasma cannon UP. They're folded down on the back and unused (like P2's cannon folds down).

Damn you're quick.

:lol

I think SS means the AVP cannons though. I thought that was just on the HT figures!? Do the screen used AVP cannons have targeting lights as well?

:lol:lol:lol Sorry if that wasn't clear guys. The P2 Elder is obvious, even though it should be tracking with the bio like Devil said, but I did mean the
AVP cannon, and, yes, I just checked the ADI book, and the targetting thing is on the actual cannons. Hot Toys did them perfectly.

The only reason I can think of is that it's a redundant system in case the bio is lost or not in use, but again it seems wrong for it to target itself unless Preds are so hooked into their smart weapons that their visual (eyeball) tracking can be relayed to the cannon, and the cannon in that case just ensures that it is lined up where the Pred wants it before he fires.

My guess: It's for a AVP:R style hand held cannon. If the pred has to pop off the cannon (like Wolf) you can use the targeting system on the cannon like an infra-red beam.

My guess: It's for a AVP:R style hand held cannon. If the pred has to pop off the cannon (like Wolf) you can use the targeting system on the cannon like an infra-red beam.

O:duh:eek:, Damn he's good too

I can agree with that, makes good sense.

I would say that's a valid guess, and it makes sense, but your guess is based on what we saw in AVP-R, and THAT cannon/gun didn't have the targetting light on it.

Unfortunately, I have decided to believe that, like most things in AVP, the design team or director had ideas that made into production, but weren't used in the story. It's possible that somebody had the idea that because the Preds would have to earn the weapons, that their bios wouldn't be equipped with targetting. The guns would have the targetting when they found them.

The only problem with that theory is that all the bios have targetting.

Not sure if most people check the old Wolf thread much, and since I talked about this here, I thought I'd post pics here too of the mod I did to my Cleaner. He's actually a combo of both Wolf releases. I added a second cannon to my Cleaner's armor, painted them both as they should be, and did that great mod of making a ball joint to give the cannon arms totally accurate mobility. And I gave him the regular mask which looks beat up enough for me without being overkill, but gave it a better paint job to highlight the markings like it's supposed to be, and to make it less brown all over. In the ADI book it's pretty straight gunmetal and steal colored.

I know it's not accurate to the movie to have both cannons and the cleaner kit, but it looks so cool. The second cannon really has nowhere to fold down to with the spear moved over for the kit, but I won't be displaying it that way anyway.

Here's some pics.
HPIM4888.jpg

HPIM4836.jpg

HPIM4837.jpg

HPIM4833.jpg

HPIM4834.jpg

When I was fidgetting with the cleaner kit, I noticed that it has two extra shurikens in it. Anybody else notice that? They are't removeable, but they are tucked into the bottom end of it.
HPIM4835.jpg

HPIM4887.jpg

Hey, that looks good. In that shot it actually looks like it could be lit behind a transparent black window (1/6 scale brightness).

That's one thing that bugs me about the Terminator eyes on Hot Toys figures. The eyes are too bright for a 12" representation. The brightness should be scaled down too. I always thought they looked better when the battery runs down a bit.

For the eyes, try putting a white dot in the center of the eye, and go over that with translucent gloss red. It'll make it look like the light is radiating from the center kinda like how a lightsaber looks mostly white, but the radiating color lets you know its red, purple, blue, or green.

Hey Guys,
Late to the party as I just got mine.

I fixed the dreads I think. Used Rubber band holding dread hot water trick.

The mask is very tight and doesn't fully fit over the head.

Question: Does the mask go over the mouthpiece or should I remove the mouthpieces first?

Question 2: I think I may want to try to widen the Mask V bottom to fit more fully over the jawline. Any suggestions for this?

I saw someone suggest using a blo dryer and stretching it out somewhat to open it up...

Back