Making your HT Pred 1 Perfect!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, i was skeptical of the cammo paint until i looked through the reference pics. i guess i'm just used to seeing preds with silver/grey armor.
You might be able to pull this off with brushes, but keep your paint thin.
personally, i've never seen anything like that done with an airbrush that can't be done as well or better with a paintbrush.

I think the camo was meant to mimic a reflection of the jungle around him, for cinematic effect maybe? Akin to Vader's two-toned helmet I guess. Either way, still... great paint up.:D

Surfer- You know, I was silently enjoying this thread... looking forward to getting mine this week and going to do everything that dedguy came up with for his mods. But you just detroyed my hopes and dreams for a perfect pred with this latest work. I cant tell you in words but... It looks absolutley AMAZING!! bro. Not overdone just PERFECT!!:wacky

If I only had your paint talent and more importantly, your balls to do this :D You're officially the "Predator God" Im so jealous... Great job again bro!!

"The Predator God" :chew:banana:joy:peace:cool:

I think the camo was meant to mimic a reflection of the jungle around him, for cinematic effect maybe?

Well, I've known it was camo for a long time, but I never really thought about why they did that. It does make sense that it could be to look like reflected jungle on the battered metal finish so that the camera and crew wouldn't be seen on screen. Eitherway, camo is most accurate. Now the figure looks like it is reflecting jungle.

But you just detroyed my hopes and dreams for a perfect pred with this latest work. I cant tell you in words but... It looks absolutley AMAZING!! bro. Not overdone just PERFECT!!:wacky

If I only had your paint talent and more importantly, your balls to do this :D You're officially the "Predator God" Im so jealous... Great job again bro!!

One word for you (besides 'thanks')--commission.

i guess i'm just used to seeing preds with silver/grey armor.

The weird thing is I think most people would agree that the P2 Elder from HT is accurate as far as armor color. Even me until I saw reference pics and realized the P2 Elder's armor is actually almost black in color. So it's weird because when I see the P2 Elder from HT even now the armor color looks "right" but in reality I know for a fact it's not even close to the actual color. :lol

Most of you have seen the P1 Camo Armor paint job that SilentSurfer did for me. I have posted some photos of my P1 with the armor on. Surfer also added some quills to one of my P1 heads, and it looks great, so I posted a few close ups showing same.

Thanks Again Surfer for the Awesome Badass quill/paint job.:banana:banana

The weird thing is I think most people would agree that the P2 Elder from HT is accurate as far as armor color. Even me until I saw reference pics and realized the P2 Elder's armor is actually almost black in color. So it's weird because when I see the P2 Elder from HT even now the armor color looks "right" but in reality I know for a fact it's not even close to the actual color. :lol

I got the same impression from the Elder's armor. It's almost a dark steel color, or even dark brown like P2's. I just used a second P1's armor to replace the Elder's chest/back/shoulder armor so the gun isn't too close to his head, and so the gun folds down. Fits perfectly and looks great. I think I'll be painting up his armor to be the dark brown soon. First I need to get a hold of a second P2 right gauntlet cause the the blade sheath on the Elder's right arm is the P2 sheath mounted onto the P1 gauntlet.

Thanks Again Surfer for the Awesome Badass quill/paint job.:banana:banana

You should switch the heads and make use of the repainted mask on the camo version. Keep the quilled head on the other one. That's what I would do anyway.:D

Zilla95 - Wow nice shots and now I know I gotta send mine to the "Pred god". I'm happy for you, its sick. :horror

Surfer - put some of those quills aside for me too bro!:D

I got the same impression from the Elder's armor. It's almost a dark steel color, or even dark brown like P2's. I just used a second P1's armor to replace the Elder's chest/back/shoulder armor so the gun isn't too close to his head, and so the gun folds down. Fits perfectly and looks great. I think I'll be painting up his armor to be the dark brown soon. First I need to get a hold of a second P2 right gauntlet cause the the blade sheath on the Elder's right arm is the P2 sheath mounted onto the P1 gauntlet.
any chance you're gonna try to get the led sight working on the elder's cannon?

Definitely, but I'm not too sure exactly how it is wired. I don't want to just run two wires up to a big LED on top of the cannon. I may have to semi-imbed the LED into the cannon, sculpt over that somehow while leaving three perfect holes, and drill holes through the cannon for the wires to exit. There just really isn't a good shot of the Elder's cannon to go by. I'd pretty much have to guestimate how it should look.

Anybody got a good shot of it?

1556897449_d63b772f4a_o.jpg

Can't really see it as well as you'd like but its the best I could find, I believe that small curve to be a wire running from the base of the mount up thru the bottom of the cannon so I'd say you had the right idea going thru the cannon. Hope it helps somewhat...

Nice pic of the armor color, but still can't really see the detail on the cannon. Is the targetting light on top, side, front, back...?

If I had to guess, it looks like there are at least two wires on the cannon's right side, and the light looks like it's right on top where the cannon becomes that round barrel section part.

Anybody think otherwise, or know better?

hey i posted this in the other threads but i want a quick answer

i cancelled my order and CSC, and i havent been charged, and they said they returned the predator to their store. but one arrived at my house today :S. does this mean that UPS is gunna come to my house and collect it? also, it says they are sold out on their website, and there was no insurance on the package

Back