Making your HT Pred 1 Perfect!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to gain about 30 pounds.
this is what i thought when first saw predator 2 1.5 years ago... (the figure of course, not the movie)
and the same for all of them.
if anybody can sculpt and paint these additions, he will have an excellent pred-body, no matter how it loses movements.

Oh man if they re-do Pred2 and it's at least as good as the Pred1 I'd buy one in a second. My favorite Pred design easy. Thing is the figure's proportions are a mess. Way too lanky with weird giant shoulders and a giant head.

and a giant head.
do you think that the figure's head is giant?
i don't. i heard this opinion several times, but i don't.
it has too long face, but the overall size...

Last edited:
Yeah I do. Part of the problem is the body being too thin but the head is just too large (tall really).

I agree about the body (proportions are wrong) but I disagree about the head. I'm probably alone, but I think the HT Predators heads are actually too small.

I'm happy with the HT Predator head-sizes as they are. I wouldn't go smaller or bigger.

Also I've never been that bothered by the P2s proportions. The waist could do with filling out I guess but its still a great figure IMO.

zDSC0718910.jpg

I think the P1 head is pretty close to perfect scale wise while the previous preds are about 10-20% too big.

Even with added height due to the neck mod I don't think the P1 is big enough. He should have been made bigger all over. Dutch still looks like a physical match for him.

I love how close Predator I looks like Predator II Elder :rock anyone done a custom yet? (I know in film they reused Predator I suit )

IN what way, are you asking if anybody has done a custom? If you're talkin' body repaint of P1 with the Elder head on it, then I'm going to soon, but I can't see anybody making a full Grayback out of nothing but P1 parts.

I'm going to cast my vote for HT Pred heads as being Not too big. Given the bowling ball sized shoulders on most of them, I always thought the heads were either just right or too small. The dreads do make the overall appearance seem a bit swollen though.

As for being too skinny, I think it's only because the shoulders were too bulky, that they look too skinny.

I think the Wolf Pred is about right as is the Pred1 but all previous I really think are both too skinny and anatomically wrong. Muscles the wrong shape and proportion to each other, that sort of thing.

I don't see too much of a reason to do the Elder with the Pred1 body as they're so close already. I would love to see a Pred2 with the Pred1 body though.

everybody who thinks that HT predators don't need to eat fat hamburgers for a year should look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEC7HKbP0g

...or this:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22353&d=1264995814
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22355&d=1264996041

...or this hehehe
https://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/Tinkey-Vinkey/Aliens and Predators/Predator 1/16.jpg

================

...and again about heads: here i made photos of similar body scale.
everybody can compare heads.

Last edited:
Have you ever notice the difference between HT wrist computer and movie wrist computer ? So many things are inaccurate.

Last edited:
Hot Toys Predator 1 dreadlocks

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find a specific piece of info regarding the predator 1 dreadlocks anywhere...

On the original marketing pics the predator's dreads appear longer also because they hang down -- when you first rec'v them in the box, the dreads stick out and back...

is there a way to "tame" or "condition" them to hang like they do in the hot toys pics wihtout ruining the paint on them or damaging the rubber / latex - or whatever they're made of?

The only thing that crossed my mind was heat from a blow dryer or hot water, but considering they are probably not vinyl, I don't know if they could take the extreme heat...

Does anyone have any pics of their preds dreads and got them to successfully "hang loose"?

Thanks guys,
I am still awaiting my pred 1, so I thought I could do some research in advance...

I know the elder from pedator 2 has cool calm dreads, but they have that kink in them so they hang down naturally...what about pred 1? =(

Re: Hot Toys Predator 1 dreadlocks

Hot water or a blow dryer works, for the hot water method, wrap a small towel or 3 sheets of bounty paper towel around the dreads and dip it in the hot water, hold it in there for 10 to 15 seconds, but make sure you don't put the mandibles into the water too, or else they might get messed up, keep dipping into water until you get the look you want. I personally use the blow dryer method, hold the head against the sink and just keep the dryer on it 10 seconds then move the dryer away for 15 seconds, keep repeating this until you get the look you want. DO NOT keep the dryer on the dreads dead on for a long period as the dreads will rip or melt off the head or even just break in two. Good luck, mods if this was posted somewhere else, I apologize.

Back