Making your HT Pred 1 Perfect!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only that, I mentioned this before but I'll put it out there again: The P2 Elder Predator does not have silver armor either. The HT figure is wrong. Everyone assumed the P2 Elder had the same color armor as P1 because the costume uses the same exact armor. But it's a completely different color. Almost Black.

predator_2_disc2-76.jpg

armor color is not the only difference between HT figure and movie Grayback.
(yes, Grayback or "old predator" is how the crew called him. "elder" grows from yautja universe which i hate).
well, here is another difference which i didn't see noted anywhere:

winston_grayback_handarmor.jpg

as you can see, his armor is not just "blackened Predator 1 armor with bigger cannon platform".
it has a blade box from Predator 2.

p.s. i did it to my grayback, just cutting a piece of plastic in front a little and making a hole in it.
the whole wrist armor is from P1, only the blade box should be taken from P2.

Last edited:
Yes, very true. You're absolutely right. Grayback's right gauntlet is P1, but the 'blade box' is P2. And there are no straps around it. Good eye, P.

Good eye, P.
thank you of course... but you didn't think so when i made the P1 helmet lenses shiny black :D
actually i found it out occasionally yesterday while hunting for stomach belts correct position. (BTW there is no constant position for them at all.)
so here is the result and the end of grayback offtop :)

I think they're actually a mesh, it's just very very fine. The promotional pics the lenses look very different from film and featurette stills.

P. said:
yes, Grayback or "old predator" is how the crew called him. "elder" grows from yautja universe which i hate

I don't follow that fan related crap either, but I will say this: Elder sounds a helluva lot better than "Grayback" or "Old Predator".

SilentSurfer said:
I still don't think they are shiny black in the movie. I think they are mirror.

They ARE mirrored. People are still disputing this!? :confused:

sw006.jpg

I think they are mirror.
language barrier - i didn't remember the world "mirror". well, 3.5" disc surface that i used looks like mirror to me.
I think they're actually a mesh
i didn't notice it on any photos.
the new color on his armor looks good man.
thank you, but i think all armor should be repainted into black. once i get some paint and train my skills, i will try to do it. but i have never tried and don't think i can make "metal black" color.
They ARE mirrored. People are still disputing this!?
no, there was just a little argue "is it needed or not" when i was the first to post some photos of modified lenses in this thread.
I don't follow that fan related crap either, but I will say this: Elder sounds a helluva lot better than "Grayback" or "Old Predator".
elder sounds like some chief of cave people to me :)

Last edited:
I do believe Greyback is what he was called by the Winston people.

A fine mesh will look like a silver reflective surface from a distance. Not saying that's for sure what it is but you can almost see the texture in some of the pics. Could be an optical illusion but the steel mesh representation must have come from somewhere and I don't think they just suddenly thought of it on P2. I think they just used a heavier mesh and/or there's better let close ups of it.

That said I don't think an actual mesh of any kind could be found to look right at 1/6 scale so some sort of dark metallic film would probably be the most accurate looking. It's also one of those things like the red mouth that's not a big deal to me. I might change it at some point on a whim but for right now it doesn't bug me like the arms being on backwards or the mask being the wrong shape and fit.

hey ded!? Can you take a pic of the biceps? I want to see what the after looks like.
Nevermind, ded, I found the pics.:eek:

It's also one of those things like the red mouth that's not a big deal to me.
by the way the mouth must be repainted because of wrong borders between white skin surface and pink mouth inside.
i've already seen an excellent mouth repaint yesterday, and it adds so much not only to "accurate looking", but to "cool predator looking" at all.
i'll try to show photos it in 12 hours maybe when i'm at home. i think you'll agree that there are details worth of remaking :)

Those sorts of color details aren't noticeable to me at all. If you point them out to me I can see that they're there but it's not something that changes anything for the better or worse for me personally.

Hey ded,
I used a rubber washer on my P1's neck,
and I can see the differance. So, thanks
for spreading the word on that mod.

Unfortunately I got back into collecting a little late in the game. I'ts killing me to have missed such a great figure. Hopefully I can find one on the secondary market for a reasonable price. The mods you all have done make me want one even more.

Here's the neck mod next to EP1: He's still smaller, but taller. I also noticed that EP1's noggin is huge.
9k3wxu.jpg

Yeah I think (as noted by others) the biggest contributor of the scale difference between the P1 and previous Preds is the size of the head, which give me a more proportional Pred over one that's taller because the head is too big. The Elder though has some awesome hands I wish the P1 had.

Those sorts of color details aren't noticeable to me at all.
it's ok, just don't follow Paul Anderson who surely thought the same when making AvP :D
Here's the neck mod next to EP1: He's still smaller, but taller.
wait for a surprise that SilentSurfer will create for me in a month or two. you will see a real predator mod that makes both predators similar. no more words about it to this moment :)

it's ok, just don't follow Paul Anderson who surely thought the same when making AvP :D
wait for a surprise that SilentSurfer will create for me in a month or two. you will see a real predator mod that makes both predators similar. no more words about it to this moment :)

There are way more pressing issues with AvP and the Predators in AvP than any coloring.

I think the original needs another 1/4" in the torso. And to gain about 30 pounds. But its still bad a$$.

I don't think so much about torso height, maybe a bit. I do totally agree with the girth. The arms are perfect but the torso needs a bit more, especially around the abdomen. The legs I really thing need bulking up, particularly on the inside.

Back