make your own JOE/COBRA contest..done/closed...please lock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: make your own JOE/COBRA contest..over! results soon!

I can only speak for myself, I went in knowing that I will never win a contest put on by spiderrouge. I didn't even enter the customs that I worked on for this as the due date was always changing. Forget the prizes and just post a poll and just pick the best one.

Yup, it's something to do to have fun and try and keep this section from becoming a ghost town like the Wheedon one.....

Matt, no need to apologize. We've all been there. I for one don't feel like you owe anyone anything. These contests you've sponsored and or started were designed to get the customs going. This is what we need here. Let's do things for the fun of the hobby.

Yup, it's something to do to have fun and try and keep this section from becoming a ghost town like the Wheedon one.....

Matt, no need to apologize. We've all been there. I for one don't feel like you owe anyone anything. These contests you've sponsored and or started were designed to get the customs going. This is what we need here. Let's do things for the fun of the hobby.

Do you think it's fair to all the other people that spent a lot of $$$$ on their figures time hunting down parts or the time to get them ready within the time frame.

There was other ways to go about this. A group kit bash without prizes. I don't care about the prizes I just want to see this end, pick a winner for the sake of bragging I guess.Or at least lock this thread.
I know my figures won't win , but I'll like to see a winner

Do you think it's fair to all the other people that spent a lot of $$$$ on their figures time hunting down parts or the time to get them ready within the time frame.

There was other ways to go about this. A group kit bash without prizes. I don't care about the prizes I just want to see this end, pick a winner for the sake of bragging I guess.Or at least lock this thread.

Im sure we all spent money and time and effort. Things happen. You make a good point about a different approach, but I think the turnouts are bigger when there's prizes involved.

working on a winner now...
here's the thing...the prizes that i wanted to give out, didn't happen...which sucks...but i tried...sniff sniff...still have a gift card to TA coming tho....

and i do apologize to a point for taking so long, but my life has really been hectic the last few months...having my wife's hysterectomy , birthdays, mom in laws cancer has spread again, having to move again in a short notice type thing....everything kept coming up....

Last edited:
Re: make your own JOE/COBRA contest..winner notified...

winner has been picked and notified..will announce here as soon as i hear back from him....(not picked by me, but was at random, blind vote)

Nothing is ever fair. Win or not, I just see people now having a nice custom Joe on their shelf.

Everybody here has some great Customs! I also agree that these little contests keep this section alive! This place is dead and it is pretty sad! I can't wait to get to my Customs once I am fully unpacked and organized in the new house! I have a bunch that need to be finished up. Maybe in future we do these things sans prizes per say and do it for the love of GI Joe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee willilkers, I won!

34e62638fcabf33befe2a73ae7b50a40.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Would love to work on more Joes, but everything is boxed up........

Boxed up Joes make King sad :(

Congrats Kingy! Again, some great Customs! Boxed up is sad! I feel Evil's pain!
f6b49566d292ccd1b1b6c7df2315d19e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to the winner! Yes it has gotten pretty dead around here. Now I know why seeing as Spider isn't the only one who's been moving. My budget is constricting me a little till after Christmas. Hopefully I can finish the ones I already have materials for. Can't wait till we all can get back on track.

Congratulations to King and the rest of the boys!

Most of the chaps that collects the sideshow joes faded after the line was discontinued. The ones that is left are the loyal fans of the Joe franchise and of course the die hard chaps that do their own bashing and not affected by what so ever with the sideshow line.

Hope we can still make this thread alive.

Congrats indeed. I would like to say being deployed does not make keeping up with my collection easy :(

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back