make your own JOE/COBRA contest..done/closed...please lock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: make your own JOE/COBRA contest...ready..set..go!!

There's an 11% chance I may have something to show by the 15th.

45% chance of awesomeness!

My bash:

IMAG6357_zpsdoxt53lz.jpg

IMAG6347_zpseodxk8rh.jpg

IMAG6348_zps3gexzewm.jpg

Anyone guess who he is?

Is it a Resolute Duke? Cool looking bash.

Great pics!

Anyone guess who he is?

Is he one of the original 13? Great looking figure and the thing that I love about it is that he can fit well with the other officially released Sideshow Joes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grunt or Zap maybe? If the scars are a clue then I'm lost...

EDIT: OH WAIT is that UNMASKED SE?!~

Is it a Resolute Duke? Cool looking bash.

Great pics!
No, but thanks, I'm glad you like him.

Is he one of the original 13? Great looking figure and the thing that I love about it is that he can fit well with the other officially released Sideshow Joes.
Yes, and thanks, that was the idea: to stick with the Sideshow style.

Grunt or Zap maybe? If the scars are a clue then I'm lost...
Close...

EDIT: OH WAIT is that UNMASKED SE?!~
I have used that head for an unmasked SE before, but no, not this time.

Is it a Devils Due character? :dunno
No, I never really followed their comics.

Okay, the answer is: Short-Fuze. I made him a grenadier since there doesn't seem to be much call for a spec-ops team to be lugging a mortar around with them these days, and as his original file-card notes, he's a qualified expert with the M16 and M79, so bumping him up to an underslung grenade launcher seemed like a natural evolution of his role (the O13 never had a grenade launcher for whatever reason). The headsculpt is a placeholder: I actually like it much better as an unmasked Snake Eyes and I'm presently waiting for an unmasked Crimson Guard head to arrive so I can replace it, but in the meantime, it seemed like a good fit for an ethnically-German Joe with a habit of "blowing up" in short order.

shrtfuzea.jpg

A few other notes: I used BBI Bollé T800 goggles, with their flat, unimpeded lense, to represent his helmet visor. Unfortunately, I can't get them to sit flush against the brim of the helmet due to how the straps are attached. I may have to go about modifying them in the future. I also gave him a Crimson Guard sweater because I wanted to use the Rock 'n Roll BDUs but also needed long sleeves. Rifle mags are in Snake Eyes' subload so that the 40mm grenade pouches can be carried more prominently at Short-Fuze's waist, to (hopefully) subtly reinforce the idea that he's a grenadier first and foremost.

Last edited:

Needs his mortar, brah.

That's like giving RnR a bazooka instead of a M60. :lol

Needs his mortar, brah.

Not really. The weapon in question is still a large tube capable of launching a variety of different munitions and providing indirect fire. :p

Needs his mortar, brah.

I kinda agree Jester. I like your Short Fuze and I thought it was him for a second. But without his signature weapon it threw me off. You know mortars are a very lightweight and compact for one man use and transport. Just saying. But I do like the way the way you did him.
File:60mm mortar round being launch.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

I kinda agree Jester. I like your Short Fuze and I thought it was him for a second. But without his signature weapon it threw me off. You know mortars are a very lightweight and compact for one man use and transport. Just saying.
Well, as I said, it seems like you don't see a lot of special operations teams with mortars these days regardless.

Heck, I'm not sure Short-Fuze ever got all that many opportunities to drop fire in the comics, either, apart from maybe the first half-dozen or so issues when Larry Hama was clearly running himself ragged trying to ensure each Joe got at least one opportunity per issue to show off his specific skill-set:

shortfusecomic.jpg

Grenade launchers, by contrast, are pretty much ubiquitous amongst SF teams, so considering that, and Short-Fuze's stated expertise with grenade launchers, the lack of a grenadier amongst the O13 and the fact that, IIRC, GLs in real life were introduced in the first place to replace mortars when the latter were not appropriate to the mission profile, I stand by my decision.

But I do like the way the way you did him.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Still a good looking figure with or without mortar. Will take some notes on your custom and build myself some expendable greenshirts to join my Joes. Looking forward to the other figures in this contest!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

who has the roadblock head i want one bad, i am getting scrap and barbecue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back