Major Bludd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woohoo 175$ how much the baroness will be... damn 1/6 is the resin/palstic material going up ? i heard oil price is going down.
what are u made of.....!!!

I think we all know what to expect, I believe I even said 83 or die a while back.
Destro-1.png

I agree with Nam that the popped collar reeks eighties, but that's probably what we will get regardless. He's been updated countless times in 3 3/4. He's one of the few characters that is unmistakeable no matter what he is wearing so I for one would like SS to take more liberty in addressing the plain eighties gimp suit.

You know, aside from the ginormous collar, that doesn't look too bad. Tone down the size of the collar some, and I think that could work. Its really only the bare chest I think they need too and will ditch. They did cover up Zartan's abs afterall. That was the one unbelievable bit for me with all of the armor. So a black T-shirt like that Destro has would work just fine. Removable for those that want a more 80's vibe and there for those that don't.

what is that suppose to be?

a Rise of Crap cobra trooper???

Disturbing, isn't it?:rotfl Just hoping someone has nightmares about getting one of these from SS and posts their distress here. Of course, seeing the crap that Hasbro sold in the early nineties, that's probably already happened many times before.

I think we all know what to expect, I believe I even said 83 or die a while back.
Destro-1.png

I agree with Nam that the popped collar reeks eighties, but that's probably what we will get regardless. He's been updated countless times in 3 3/4. He's one of the few characters that is unmistakeable no matter what he is wearing so I for one would like SS to take more liberty in addressing the plain eighties gimp suit.

Destro is da pimp yo!!!

Destro-1.png

Lose the poofy Hollywood Hogan boa and give him dull leather instead of shiny gimp vinyl, and that's a great Destro.

Back to the topic of Major Bludd, anyone think perhaps he got angry while holding with the cable company and went out to blow off steam and had an accident to end up with an eye patch and while riding home on the bus some punks wanted to see how tough he was, beating him so badly he woke up in a roadside ditch? I guess it's possible.

not wrong!

what does what your employer pays you have anything to do with higher prices?

have you noticed the prices continually going up as the grocery store? why is that? because of Dollar devaluation, which then causes Inflation as the dollar is losing its purchasing power..... period.

Sideshow is charging more because it costs more to produce...it takes more federal reserve notes to buy things

If everything was going up in price wouldn't the services you or I offer fall in line? Not everything costs more. Things that do cost more are things that get away with costing more. When was the last time a TV got more expensive? So Chinese workers putting TV and components get less but those making toys get more? I doubt it. Its because TVs people refuse to pay raising prices and our little toys we accept it almost blindly.

If everything was going up in price wouldn't the services you or I offer fall in line? Not everything costs more. Things that do cost more are things that get away with costing more. When was the last time a TV got more expensive? So Chinese workers putting TV and components get less but those making toys get more? I doubt it. Its because TVs people refuse to pay raising prices and our little toys we accept it almost blindly.

FYI, China's making labor laws that increase wages and offer benefits to employees. So the cost of doing business in China is increasing to offset that cost. It's not all blind kids handcuffed to milk crates by the dozens, working for grains of rice anymore. :lol

Technology is disposable and depreciates the moment you buy it. Also TV manufacturers are using cheaper components so they don't last as long as they used too. Samsung is notorious for using cheap transistors on their circuit boards causing their flat panel TV's to become defective in 2-3 years. You get what you pay for quality wise. It's no different than Sideshow or Hot Toys cutting corners on manufacturing costs.

I'm not saying prices aren't going up worldwide, but its too easy an excuse for companies to milk.

Like I said, a simple "hey things cost more" doesn't fly in a competitive market, which is why most people can't just go to their boss and say, "hey didn't you hear, things cost more, including my services."

If people put their foot down to raising prices the companies would have to buckle to pressure, and if enough put pressure back on producers they too would buckle.

Unlike groceries, these aren't exactly necessities.

And just because technology depreciates doesn't mean the labor costs or materials cost depreciates.

I'm not saying prices aren't going up worldwide, but its too easy an excuse for companies to milk.

Like I said, a simple "hey things cost more" doesn't fly in a competitive market, which is why most people can't just go to their boss and say, "hey didn't you hear, things cost more, including my services."

If people put their foot down to raising prices the companies would have to buckle to pressure, and if enough put pressure back on producers they too would buckle.

Unlike groceries, these aren't exactly necessities.

They're clearly cutting costs to maximize profits with the growing need to compensate for higher wages and benefits (if they allow the workers to stick around past 90 days). It makes perfect sense from a business standpoint. The cost is not incurred by the company, but past on to the customer. The result? Higher prices.

Yeah that whole "dont pay the prices there asking" is good in theory but think about how many people dont care and actually think its a fair price. Think of all the people who collect and dont frequent this board, theres no way you could stop it. Thats like telling people to stop going to walmart it wont happen.

Back