Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

I'm not sure, but I wonder how he looks if his head weren't looking so far to the right (his left)...

Like in the photo below, if he were looking straight towards camera, and maybe the arm was pointing slightly more towards camera as well...

I'm curious to hear what people who are attending the con think of him seeing it in person.

**UDPATE** I found this on google :lol
https://ccfigures.blogspot.com.br/2017/07/impressions-of-sdcc.html

attachment.php

This is not bad, but looks like something I would have bought 6 years ago for $350 lol. It just doesn't have that wow factor. It's more like yeah I will try get this on sale or at a later date if I can kinda statue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one does not have the 'Wow' factor for me. Maybe SS will do another Magneto down the line or maybe Prime1.

I like it, wont be able to get the xm ever probably so this one is it for me. Just saw the Bel for the first time...looks amazing. Would be an option if it was available.

I like it, wont be able to get the xm ever probably so this one is it for me. Just saw the Bel for the first time...looks amazing. Would be an option if it was available.

Yeah, if they made purple/red version of the new XM, I would probably shed the $2000 it costs to get that. :pow:thud:

Not much of a fan of that Bel version. I really don't see what the fuss is with that custom.

That said, the XM Mags is still the best, but that's probably one of the top 5 pieces any company has ever produced. Just wish it was a licensed piece for N.A. Rather than 90% of their stuff being here anyway through the grey market and collectors supporting that, but I digress.

I really like the new SS piece, but it suffers by comparison. I don't see this ever being judged on its own merits. SS should have known that going in. I'm a little surprised they didn't go all out with a Magneto Maquette for that reason. But it's also a joke to compare this to Deathstroker. I mean come on, this might have underwhelmed because it didn't top one of the best pieces ever produced (much like the last Doom), but is not a bad piece for what it is.

This is not bad, but looks like something I would have bought 6 years ago for $350 lol. It just doesn't have that wow factor. It's more like yeah I will try get this on sale or at a later date if I can kinda statue.

:goodpost:

I think a majority of everyone has statue values cloud their judgment for what they like more. Or sometimes they don't even realize it. Or but besides no one wants to put out the word that a statue they own that goes for $3,000 or whatever it is isn't anything short of breathtakingly incredible. I've been guilty of it too. But if say for example the XM Magneto had an edition size of 4000 and this one from Sideshow had 1000 a lot more people would say they liked it better. But . . . Or I mean just as the art that they are. To someone that likes comics but knows nothing about the statue game if they were put side by side and asked 100 people which one they liked better I bet it'd be around 50/50 or 60/40 for one side or the other. Because value wouldn't be blinding them. Just what I think 😁

I'm disappointed with this piece. I had high expectations and was ready to be wowed like the way Thanos on Throne did. I dislike a lot about this piece like the large head, the face sculpt, the leathery-looking costume, fabric cape, the colors, and the skinny, non-muscular body. The only plus for this statue is the levitation pose. I'll continue to wait for another to come around.

Looking back on their live broadcasts that I missed, I saw that Harbottle was there briefly passing through the booth and checking out the statues, I was hoping someone would ask him to make Magneto better :lol

Got a chance to see Mags today in person and he's a no go for me. The dislikes i have with him greatly outweigh the likes.

Did someone ask what the exclusive is or did I miss it?

I asked one of the SSC personnel in their booth ...a COH will be the EX. So 2 portraits for the EX ...but I'm still going to wait for the announcement.

Didn't someone ask what the price would be? Lol

I asked one of the SSC personnel in their booth ...a COH will be the EX. So 2 portraits for the EX ...but I'm still going to wait for the announcement.

Oh cool ur there? Off topic: no koto storm??

Back