Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

Some more pics from Toyark.
I think it looks better in these pics but it never should've come to this in the first place.
Finding angles where it looks better on a Harbottle Magneto statue...what has the world come to?

SDCC-2017-Sideshow-Marvel-025.jpg

SDCC-2017-Sideshow-Marvel-026.jpg

SDCC-2017-Sideshow-Marvel-027.jpg

SDCC-2017-Sideshow-Marvel-028.jpg

After 24 hours and a few sdcc youtube videos iv calmed down a bit on this piece. if I were to narrow it down to one thing that's throwing me off about this piece its his helmet. They clearly gave him a classic 90's design for his helmet but then went all modern on his body suit. I look at the headsculpt/helmet and I'm like ok cool, straight out of the 90's but then I look below and I'm like whoa whats going on there. Kinda like a mullet...all business with the headsculpt and party down below

IMO this is the display angle that works best. It's a nice magneto statue, with a very cool pose... just not "knock you off your feet amazing"

IMG_0095.JPG

Not bad, not buying it though. Personally I still think MADXcollectors Mags is the best and I had the XM version.

IMO this is the display angle that works best. It's a nice magneto statue, with a very cool pose... just not "knock you off your feet amazing"

View attachment 354601

too much awesome with this piece. Im already sold I guess I tempered my expectations early. Kinda stunned that the costume changed more than I thought it would've but the Portrait and the details of the base, the colors pop more than any other Magneto piece. Even the mixed media is awesome

instant buy

Id buy a classic variant as well .... DO IT!

ru listening Sideshow?

Based on your reaction, you found it. I also like the XM Mags a bit more (thankfully I have it in my collection). However, can you imagine if SSC hired Daniel Bel to create the Mags PF and he gave us his sculpt? This place would be buzzing with discussion over which Mags sculpt was the best and you honestly couldn't go wrong with either of them because the bar was set so high with both sculpts.

I've seen the Bel printed pics, and can't say I'm a fan. The legs look too long, he base is nonsense, and he looks asian.

My local buddy ordered one and I'll see it in person, so who knows. The sculpted cape does look awesome though.

Anyway...I look forward to seeing SS's official pictures of Magneto, and knowing how much they think they can charge for it. There seem to be 2 camps right now: the very vocal facebook/forum groups that hate it, and the "average" joe who thinks it's badass. Interesting.

Personally...I find myself wanting to fall in love with it because I'd love another 1/4 Magneto in my collection...but there's just something so very wrong about it. So very, very wrong. Massive bummer.

View attachment 354601

Yes... especially with all the hype, now it's it looks ok. THanos on the other hand, Monster

https://youtu.be/ZRa_QXq4ONA?list=FLIx8gu7c8XBjffO3SiwcONQ

The best Magnito hands down, wipes the floor with the XM version. Shame it was a custom that sold out before the video even went up.

I might know a guy ;)

But the customs being made is EXACTLY why this Magneto is so disappointing. Finally, a big company has the financial backing to make a real rock solid version of the character, and they just F it up so bad. SO BAD. Customs have done a significantly better job of capturing the essence and power of this character.

This Magneto reminds me of the Man of Steel that Sideshow put out. Technically it's a statue of the character. Technically.

Did anyone attending the convention ask what the exclusive is?

I hope it comes with a **** ton of switch outs

not the greatest piece but awesome sculpt. Make the cape sculpted, that would add to the piece. Someone should do a photoshop of what that might look like.
Something like this from page 51

magn.jpg

After 24 hours and a few sdcc youtube videos iv calmed down a bit on this piece. if I were to narrow it down to one thing that's throwing me off about this piece its his helmet. They clearly gave him a classic 90's design for his helmet but then went all modern on his body suit. I look at the headsculpt/helmet and I'm like ok cool, straight out of the 90's but then I look below and I'm like whoa whats going on there. Kinda like a mullet...all business with the headsculpt and party down below

Same thing they did with Deathstroke.

I've seen the Bel printed pics, and can't say I'm a fan. The legs look too long, he base is nonsense, and he looks asian.

My local buddy ordered one and I'll see it in person, so who knows. The sculpted cape does look awesome though.

Anyway...I look forward to seeing SS's official pictures of Magneto, and knowing how much they think they can charge for it. There seem to be 2 camps right now: the very vocal facebook/forum groups that hate it, and the "average" joe who thinks it's badass. Interesting.

Personally...I find myself wanting to fall in love with it because I'd love another 1/4 Magneto in my collection...but there's just something so very wrong about it. So very, very wrong. Massive bummer.

I've only seen the digital renders of Bel's sculpt and I personally find them amazing. I'll give my final thoughts when the piece is fully completed and I see pics. As of now, it's still one of the very best Mags in 1/4 scale that I've ever seen.

As for the PF, it's a total disappointment for me personally. I feel just like I did when I finally saw the previews for the Deathstroker PF. It was a total punch to the gut.

What if the ex were snap on purple trunks for a more classic look hehe. Id be down for that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sculpt is good but paint apps are not. That's the hit or miss aspect of customs. The helmet is metallic red, suit is matte red with sorta sloppy shading. I have Bel's superman and the sculpt and paint are much much better on that vs what I see on this magneto IMO

Back