Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

Ok, does anyone know how one would go about ordering the Daniel Bel Magneto? I've never done a custom before -- been waiting for SS to put out the perfect Magneto for years, and I just lost hope.

Ok, does anyone know how one would go about ordering the Daniel Bel Magneto? I've never done a custom before -- been waiting for SS to put out the perfect Magneto for years, and I just lost hope.

Say a heartfelt prayer, and have a ton of money available. Sorry.

Wish Sideshow could hear the feedback and make adjustments, bigger build for the body will probably help a little.

Lady Deadpool stole the show IMO

This year looks like it will be smooth sailing from here

Easy on the wallet too

Nothing really stole the show for me, but I think in terms of Marvel, the Avengers line up was tops. Looks excellent.

Magneto is one of my favourite characters and this is a HUGE disappointment from SS. Why this pose was given the okay is a head scratcher. They could have copied their Dphoenix pose with Magneto tweeks and would have been miles better. Hell, even a museum pose Magneto would have been better. My Iron studios Magneto is still my fave. Just wish it was a larger scale. Very frustrating Sideshow.

This piece must be really something. Link?

The Daniel Bel Magneto is absolutely amazing. It's everything sideshow wishes their Magneto would be. IMO, the Bel Magneto or the OG XM Magneto is the way to go if you want a 1/4 Mags in your collection. This Mags PF is the Deathstroker disaster all over again. Sideshow has lost me. My 2nd favorite DC villain and my very favorite Marvel villain look completely underwhelming as sideshow PFs. I feel as if the art direction has gone off the deep end at sideshow and I'm ready to abandon ship. They've lost me. It almost feels like sideshow has become Marvel comics. Crazy costumes and no respect for the classic material that is the foundation of the characters I have cared about through the years. Sideshow may as well be Marvel Now. I will no longer support any company that doesn't give us a classic take on the characters we know and love. I don't mind some liberties being taken with costumes but this goes way too far off course for me to enjoy. Sideshow seems to be making this shyte up as they go along. I'm not spending a dime of my money to support this.

16eeb9fc3266bcbad3e4974f59c0c587.jpg

7373bcf43ff3d38872b4c20b7003e372.jpg

574e3edafe3747cd5936b171a933230c.jpg

e5869c417b6a165981becdc8838aa862.jpg

6bf201ea43a0e2fe6c160bddb099841a.jpg

Those pics looks great. I'll say this again, if he was sculpted with a more comic anatomy with the muscle definition showing through the suit, then I think most here would have a very different reaction. I love the levitation pose and head sculpt. The suit is ok for me and I'll definitely be considering this as my 2nd Magneto to add to my XM version...

I gotta have this. And assuming it comes with some switch out parts. But yeah I mean it's the same costume as XM's (which everyone loves XM's me included). This has a better headsculpt I feel (like Sideshow tends to usually have). Overall I honestly feel like it's better than the XM one. The paint and packing won't be as good we know. But that same piece that's right there, that they've made sure was painted to perfection to show the audience. With that PF side by side with the XM Magneto, I think this one looks better.

The Daniel Bel Magneto is absolutely amazing. It's everything sideshow wishes their Magneto would be. IMO, the Bel Magneto or the OG XM Magneto is the way to go if you want a 1/4 Mags in your collection. This Mags PF is the Deathstroker disaster all over again. Sideshow has lost me. My 2nd favorite DC villain and my very favorite Marvel villain look completely underwhelming as sideshow PFs. I feel as if the art direction has gone off the deep end at sideshow and I'm ready to abandon ship. They've lost me. It almost feels like sideshow has become Marvel comics. Crazy costumes and no respect for the classic material that is the foundation of the characters I have cared about through the years. Sideshow may as well be Marvel Now. I will no longer support any company that doesn't give us a classic take on the characters we know and love. I don't mind some liberties being taken with costumes but this goes way too far off course for me to enjoy. Sideshow seems to be making this shyte up as they go along. I'm not spending a dime of my money to support this.

I think I found the Daniel Bel....WOW.

I still like the XM just a tad better, but this is crazy good.

Lacks muscle, Magneto looks lean like Spiderman here. The face sculpt is not great either.

I think I found the Daniel Bel....WOW.

I still like the XM just a tad better, but this is crazy good.

Based on your reaction, you found it. I also like the XM Mags a bit more (thankfully I have it in my collection). However, can you imagine if SSC hired Daniel Bel to create the Mags PF and he gave us his sculpt? This place would be buzzing with discussion over which Mags sculpt was the best and you honestly couldn't go wrong with either of them because the bar was set so high with both sculpts.

Back