Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

My wallet would like to thank Sideshow for remaining sedentary.

So, it seems that looking at Mags and Wolvie, SS is taking a page out of XM's playbook and putting their own take on the outfits, giving them an updated more realistic look. Not what I wanted.

We have enough classic Magneto's (even if not 1/4 scale). I enjoy their own take. Not saying I'm buying this, but I don't automatically hate it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I also wanted the purple trunks. Plus XM's didn't get to have that classic iconic costume either. So Sideshow could've ruled it if they had used it!!! But from what I see I gotta have this. Excited to see more pictures.

What does the height look to be would you guys say? At least 25 inches? I'm assuming the bottom has the "silver bowl" whatever thing as Brown Wolverine and Phoenix?

Lol we should have lowered our expectations lol. Im cool with putting your own take but if the others in the line was more classic i dont get why they would take this route. Maybe the ex is snap on trousers[emoji28].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I have to be more careful with the amount of money I can spend on this stuff. So while I have nothing against this and would like to see more, think it's nice, etc. From the limited amount I've seen, it's not quite nice enough to bump something else off my want list for purchase.

Definitely need more pictures to decide, I think the level of hype and expectation did not help this reveal. Thanos was a complete monster.

fGlloUE.jpg

Possible Phoenix unveil?

Or Human Torch?

Maybe Ghost Rider?

Gotta say, I am extremely disappointed by this. I have been waiting the better part of a decade for a classic Magneto PF, my most wanted PF of all time, and instead we're getting this re-imagined crap. I've skipped other companies Magneto's in hopes of one day getting a Sideshow one.

To add salt to the wounds, with the new Wolverine it looks like Sideshow is starting a new X-Men series of all re-imagined versions of the X-Men. So now I'm worried when they finally get around to doing all the missing X-Men PFs (Beast, Angel, Iceman, Kitty, etc.) instead of being their classics costumes they will be these made up looks. So since I already own ALL the other PFs, my choices are do not buy the new ones and have an incomplete X-Men set, buy them and have mismatched costume designs, or start re-collecting characters I already have.

My excitement level went from being through the roof to being kind pissed off.

His angle seems off. What's he leaning on? And if he's floating, he's not off the ground very much.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

After watching the livestream it sort of looked like his body doesn't have much definition to it if that makes sense. I'll be seeing him in person this weekend so I'll check it out then.

I'm trying to figure out if it's Magneto's build that is bothering me a little...
I don't really mind the pose, the outstretched hand seems weird, if it would rotated palm facing up, or if it was a fist... but it could just be the current photo angle.

It sucks knowing how much XM does with their base and "environment" that Sideshow can't do the same consistently on every statue; feel like there should be more with Magneto... would've been cool if they could somehow add some "effects" to show his powers like the XM... but here's looking forward to more photos with different angles.

18813329_1336339913062zup9.jpg

First thing I noticed. This guy looks WAY too skinny. I was looking at a lot of the old posts and it seems a lot of people wanted a Jim Lee Magneto which had some meat to it. I don't collect villains anyway so I wasn't getting this but I feel for all of the huge X Men folks let down by this. A black mark for Harbottle?

LOL!!!!!

so racist

I said nothing bad about asians. Sideshow needs to reach out to some overseas artist. Theres is more to the world then California

I said nothing bad about asians. Sideshow needs to reach out to some overseas artist. Theres is more to the world then California

Ever hear of Stanley Lau otherwise known Artgerm? Not ringing any bells with you? Alexander Pachenko? Guess they relocated.

Back