MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the question now is if Medicom introduce their ED 209 and you already have the Neca one like me...?
I don't think i'll buy it. Ok it will be at the exact scale with Robo but honestly, the Neca ED and Mafex Robo are enough close in scale to match formidably! If it wasn't me who took the pics, i couldn't say that they are in different scale. Nobody will notice that. And i love that ED is big, it reinforces the sensation of its power and brutality.
And finally a Medicom Mafex ED 209 will be in the 200-250$ range... So the Neca is so awesome, so close in scale and not to pricy to pass on.
Still can’t understand how Neca gave us a so formidable ED and a so poor Robo...:dunno
No worries, Mafex Robocop is there!:yess:

Hello,

received my Mafex Robocop this morning.

The figure is really awesome. But when i opened the box, i immediatly noticed a little paint defect but just in the middle of the left chest plate...:slap

Ooh, that's a bit irksome,

Now you know it's there, you'll always see it. I suppose you could see if the seller could exchange it. Failing that, if you always want to display it with ED then you could always stick with the BD and maybe get another Robo further down the line. The pair together do look great though, better I think than I've seen the NECA pairing look. The size difference is barely noticeable and ED looks really imposing. Can't wait to get mine now.

So the question now is if Medicom introduce their ED 209 and you already have the Neca one like me...?
I don't think i'll buy it. Ok it will be at the exact scale with Robo but honestly, the Neca ED and Mafex Robo are enough close in scale to match formidably! If it wasn't me who took the pics, i couldn't say that they are in different scale. Nobody will notice that. And i love that ED is big, it reinforces the sensation of its power and brutality.
And finally a Medicom Mafex ED 209 will be in the 200-250$ range... So the Neca is so awesome, so close in scale and not to pricy to pass on.
Still can’t understand how Neca gave us a so formidable ED and a so poor Robo...:dunno
No worries, Mafex Robocop is there!:yess:

Mmm, a Mafex one could be good, but, $250 good, maybe not, particularly if you already have the NECA. £77 vs £200, quite a difference! I think I'll be happy with the NECA.

Yeah, the fact that they couldn't do a decent RoboCop is odd, mind you, they haven't done an Ultimate yet. That said, you would think they would have done that to go with the 30th Anniversary ED. Go figure!

Is Robocop's mouth area alone considered to be use of Peter Weller's likeness? Because how come Mafex have basically given their figure Weller's mouth area but NECA never could?

Is Robocop's mouth area alone considered to be use of Peter Weller's likeness? Because how come Mafex have basically given their figure Weller's mouth area but NECA never could?
the whole Robocop looks so much like HT Robocop, including both shapes and engineering decisions (and paint scheme for some weird reason), that i wonder if they simply bought a piece of license from them together with the whole sculpt.

It is an odd one, I mean they got ED-209 so accurately, implying they had to have had the proper license to have had access to the right reference, which, for all we know, could have included access to Phil Tippett's puppet. Who actually has the RoboCop suit, the studio or Rob Bottin!? Rob is something of a recluse, so it would make sense for the studio to keep props available. HT certainly had access to good reference, so it does beg the question as to why NECA didn't. A lot of their other movie stuff has good likenesses, much of which is down to them hiring Trevor Grove. Maybe there is an Ultimate RoboCop in the works for them still, being as they haven't released one in that form yet. However, it would have to go a long way to beat the Mafex one.

On a side note, I got my ED earlier, but, it's too dark now to take any decent pics. I'm well impressed with him, he lived up to my expectations. The sounds are way better than any video made them sound. I'll go into more detail tomorrow when I've had chance to shoot some pics.

the whole Robocop looks so much like HT Robocop, including both shapes and engineering decisions (and paint scheme for some weird reason), that i wonder if they simply bought a piece of license from them together with the whole sculpt.

Seems to be a thing now what with Great Twins just wholesale copying the Hot Toys T2 figures (and even NECA's T-1000). Although I'm not aware if Mafex have copied their Alien prototype from anyone else?

The Great Twins figures look good for 1/12, but, they're more than double the price of any other figure in that scale. Wasn't aware Mafex were doing an Alien, till now:

Woah!

So finally as they couldn’t make just an exchange but a refund, I decided to pick an other one as this figure is really awesome. I will display the first one in battle damaged option with ED and the new one in standard look.

Truly a great figure!

Probably the best idea.

Took some shots of my ED and Robo together:

C0dkQjI.jpg

Ffdasde.jpg

Not quite in focus, I think it liked ED more!

w8Ccejk.jpg

He's in trouble there!

I took a load more of ED, but this isn't the thread for them really.

I'm very glad to see everyone enjoying the hell out of their Robos and EDs! I thought I'd be in the minority since this site is primarily for 1/6 scale, but I've alway vastly preferred the the 1/12 scale.

As far as NECA, they've gone on the record as saying their Robo stuff is done, done, done. They consider the jetpack/Cobra cannon version their "Ultimate" Robo. But, they're been known to bend the truth in the past, so you never know.

As far as a regular Robo and ED, I'm certainly "done" too, with these two releases, but as always, I'm still holding out hope for a battle-damaged Murphy face version in this scale. Preferably from MAFEX and not NECA!

You got your part in our enjoyment! :wink1:
Seriously it is really the Robocop I was waiting for. The HT is great but the paint always stopped me. This mafex is certainly less detailed but for the price it is an awesome combo of great paint, sculpt and presence. It is quite a mini HT.

Robocop is a movie that I saw too young. It was maybe in 1989 or 1990. I was 8 or 9 years old. I saw it with my older brother and I was absolutely chocked and fascinated by the violence suggested on screen!
I think I kept a scar because it took 20 years to see it again. I was shared between fascination and repulsion. And I re watched it about 10 years ago and even 20 years later i realized how this movie did not lost its power and that it is one of the best sci-fiction movie for these last 30 years...

I've been a RoboCop fan since I first saw it in the cinema. My vinyl kit was the HT RoboCop of its day and the Horizon one was the NECA of its day. I had a McFarlane figure and I wanted a nice one in that size. Thankfully, the Mafex fits the bill. I always wanted the 2, as in Robo and ED, together, but, till now, that hadn't happened in the same scale. It has happened as much as it can now and I'm happy.

ok, received my second robocop! This one is absolutly perfect! from the sculpt to the paint it is great! Once again the paint is really cool! Not too silver, with beautiful blue metal and purple touches. Really Peter Weller inside from 1987!

Back