MAFEX (Medicom) 6inch Batman TDKR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised she hasn't yet considering Diamond showed her off at Toy Fair in February.

1506494_10153852361910422_1526703298_n.jpg

Wow Catwoman looks pretty damn good. I don't like how obvious Joker's joints look though

Oh WOW! The Joker looks amazing! I'm guessing my Mattel ones aren't as good. I'm just kidding. I would really like to get that Joker.

I ordered the Batman and should arrive today. The pic of him below on the MM BatPod is just awesome!!! Thats what made me buy this little guy :)

Id like to get Catwoman too. Joker does look a little weird though :/

MAFEX Batman shoulder repair redux......

So over the weekend, because of the renewed interest in MAFEX figures, I decided to revisit the broken shoulders that plague the MAFEX Batman figure. Essentially the problem is the snoulder cups the hold the arms's ball joint is too shallow, and frequently cracks. While I thought the use of magnets to repair the shoulders was a good idea (that post is buried somewhere in this thread) , I felt it may be a bit complicated since you need a certain level of precision drilling.

So after some thought and experimentation, I have an easier and more secure technique for repairing the Batman figure's shoulder.

Tools:

Hot glue gun
Tweezers and hobby knife
Silicone lube or Vaseline

1) lightly cover the ball shaped arm joint with a thin layer of silicone lube or Vaseline. Use as little as possible.

2) fill the shoulder hole in the torso with hot glue

3) quickly insert the lubricated arm ball into the shoulder socket and do not move it for a minute while the hot glue dries. What you want is some of the hot glue to squish out and surround the neck of the arm ball joint, like a collar around the ball joint.

4) when the hot glue has cooled off, carefully check to see if the arm is permenantly secured into the shoulder socket. Because the ball joint was previously lightly lubricated, The arm should have its full range of motion, yet solidly locked into the shoulder joint.

If you see the pics below, you can see a thin collar of glue in the shoulder joint at surrounds the ball joint on the arm. In real life, this collar of glue is very difficult to see, and can be disguised with black paint. This repair is extremely easy and very effective. If you make a mistake, you can carefully peel off the hot glue with tweezers and try again. If too much glue squished out you can trim the excess away with a hobby knife.

This shoulder joint fix really makes the MAFEX Batman so much more secure, and the figure is still in my opinion the best representation of the Nolan Batman in the six inch scale. If the upcoming Catwoman or Joker suffer from easily broken shoulder joins, I'm confident this method will easily repair the as well.

Hope this helps,
BOBBY

My Batman just arrived, cool little figure. Worth the $30+?...Not really.

But it does have nice details and you can pose him in a lot of ways. But the joints arent the greatest on the arms, as the arms pop out pretty easily when adjusting them. Its kind of like a more articulated Movie Masters figure. Now just need to get my MM Batpod out of storage and he will make a nice little display :)

Both the new Joker and the deluxe Spider-Man that are coming out look like really, really good sets. So many accessories. I would still like to see this line branch out in to other properties though.

Small bat-pod! Yes!!! Now I need to buy that Mafex Batman sometime, damn other deals coming up and him being a little too much (not worth $40 imo)

Awesome!

(but where's Catwoman? :impatient:)

They haven't forgot about her. She's on display too.
med21.jpg

Another shot of Batman on the pod... his head sculpt looks different to me.
med24.jpg

The little sign says 'The Dark Knight' Batman so maybe it's a new release that comes with a sticky bomb gun?

Last edited:
Back