MAFEX (Medicom) 6inch Batman TDKR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was close to getting one for a good price, but the deal fell apart. Bummer, I was looking forward to this. It looks like you can get some super cool poses from him.

Awesome Tony :yess:

Thank you :wink1:

I was close to getting one for a good price, but the deal fell apart. Bummer, I was looking forward to this. It looks like you can get some super cool poses from him.

Yes you can. It might not look too impressive from all the promo pictures, but when it's in hand, it's a great figure. We are all too spoiled with the fine 1/6 sculpting, but once this figure is in hand, it's so small, the detail looks great with it.

It's a bit fragile but it can do tons of great poses for fun. When I get tired from work, I like to just pose him around to kill time :)

Thank you :wink1:

Yes you can. It might not look too impressive from all the promo pictures, but when it's in hand, it's a great figure. We are all too spoiled with the fine 1/6 sculpting, but once this figure is in hand, it's so small, the detail looks great with it.

It's a bit fragile but it can do tons of great poses for fun. When I get tired from work, I like to just pose him around to kill time :)

Yeah, I'm sure. Posing figures is one of the top joys of collecting articulated figures.

P.S Tony, do you have pictures somewhere of all your custom capes for sale?

Looks great Tony!

I really like this line, I hope they continue with it. More TDK characters would be good, but I would like to see figures from other properties too.

Yeah, I'm sure. Posing figures is one of the top joys of collecting articulated figures.

P.S Tony, do you have pictures somewhere of all your custom capes for sale?

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104832

Email me at [email protected] for availability :)

Looks great Tony!

I really like this line, I hope they continue with it. More TDK characters would be good, but I would like to see figures from other properties too.

Agree, but also looking forward to HT's 1/12 and the BAT :lol

It took a while, but I finally got my Pile of Loot that included this figure. Not that anyone needs any more photos of him at this point, but I need to make this purchase seem necessary by taking and displaying photos of it in action, so here are some anyway:

MAFEXDKRBatman2.jpg

MAFEXDKRBatman3.jpg
MAFEXDKRBatman4.jpg
MAFEXDKRBatman5.jpg
MAFEXDKRBatman6.jpg
MAFEXDKRBatman7.jpg
MAFEXDKRBatman15.jpg
MAFEXDKRBatman14.jpg

MAFEXDKRBatman16.jpg

MAFEXDKRBatman17ALT.jpg

Last edited:
Just got the figure from BBTS. I had Spiderman, but wasn't really impressed.
To the point- Are you selling the cape for the 6" figure? I'd love to get a custom cape for mine.

Thanks.

Not really, it was just something I made for fun. It's very small and wasn't easy to deal with, LOL

I'm back and as promised, I have a relatively simple but effective fix for the loose or broken shoulder joints on the Mafex Batman.

Tools needed:
Pin vise (mini hand drill)
Small drill bits progressing to 1/8"
1/8 dia rare earth magnets
CA (super glue) adhesive

I simply drilled a 1/8" dia aperture into the shoulder socket horizontally, and a corresponding hole into the shoulder ball joint. I used the smaller ones first, progressing to the 1/8" bit to a depth of 1/8".

I then inserted a pair of rare earth magnets into each drilled hole, checking for correct attracting polarity. The magnets were then secured with CA glue and left to dry.

If your shoulder ball cup is cracked, you can reinforce it with crazy glue etc prior to drilling.
As you can see, the figure is now more than capable of holding any iconic poses, or deep fighting stances.

After this fix, the Mafex Batman is one of my favorite six inch figure. It's extremely pose able and photogenic, and it's larger size makes it more heroic looking compared to the smaller Mattel Movie Masters one.

Hope everyone finds this post useful.

Regards,

BOBBY

I'm back and as promised, I have a relatively simple but effective fix for the loose or broken shoulder joints on the Mafex Batman.

Tools needed:
Pin vise (mini hand drill)
Small drill bits progressing to 1/8"
1/8 dia rare earth magnets
CA (super glue) adhesive

I simply drilled a 1/8" dia aperture into the shoulder socket horizontally, and a corresponding hole into the shoulder ball joint. I used the smaller ones first, progressing to the 1/8" bit to a depth of 1/8".

I then inserted a pair of rare earth magnets into each drilled hole, checking for correct attracting polarity. The magnets were then secured with CA glue and left to dry.

If your shoulder ball cup is cracked, you can reinforce it with crazy glue etc prior to drilling.
As you can see, the figure is now more than capable of holding any iconic poses, or deep fighting stances.

After this fix, the Mafex Batman is one of my favorite six inch figure. It's extremely pose able and photogenic, and it's larger size makes it more heroic looking compared to the smaller Mattel Movie Masters one.

Hope everyone finds this post useful.

Regards,

BOBBY

super genius Bobby, simple and clean, love this mod:clap:clap

No problem guys! Those magnets can be found on Ebay. I wish I took step by step photos, but I'm guessing the idea is simple enough for most folks to follow. The only other mod was to glue the feet. The bending toes is a cool idea, but made the figure to unsteady.

Glad I could help.

BOBBY

Last edited:
Still having lots of fun posing this figure......here I borrowed a pose from last year's Hallmark ornament:

BOBBY

I saw this in hand at a toy shop a month or so ago, looks pretty good. Almost bought it, but then I've already bought 1/4 HT ver already.

Will prolly buy it if I have some spare $ this Xmas.

Back